Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Does MJ come back the next year?

• Please log in to reply

DCrist721

DCrist721

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,275 posts
I tried searching for it to no avail, it seems from the grow diaries I've seen that people seem to cut the whole plant down, and that doesnt seem healthy for a return next spring. Can it survive cold snowy winters and come back the next year?

Also, I'm not looking for a huge yield or anything the first year (if they come back that is) so would planting in the end of june/very begining of july be that terrible? I'm using a bag of Early Special which contains Siberian Ruderalis genes. It's supposed to be a fast grower.

Also, this question I didn't search for but I figure since I'm posting this thread anyway might as well save me some time. How long are seeds supposed to last?

Spanishfly

Spanishfly

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,653 posts

I tried searching for it to no avail, it seems from the grow diaries I've seen that people seem to cut the whole plant down, and that doesnt seem healthy for a return next spring. Can it survive cold snowy winters and come back the next year?

Also, I'm not looking for a huge yield or anything the first year (if they come back that is) so would planting in the end of june/very begining of july be that terrible? I'm using a bag of Early Special which contains Siberian Ruderalis genes. It's supposed to be a fast grower.

Also, this question I didn't search for but I figure since I'm posting this thread anyway might as well save me some time. How long are seeds supposed to last?

MJ is an annual plant, it only lives one season, sets its seed and dies. Like tomatoes.

Palehorse22

Palehorse22

Don't Be A Bogart!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 303 posts
Spanishfly is correct

APalmer

APalmer

• Registered Upgraded
  • 237 posts
My tomato plants come back the next year but I think it s from a tomato falling to the ground and the seeds go dormite. I planted two tomato plants this year and 5 plants are up and growing. So can they trseed themselves?
Why couldnt youdrop your seeds in the ground at the endd of the year and see if they;ll sprout in the spring.
I can't try because we don't get snow here.

Spanishfly

Spanishfly

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,653 posts

My tomato plants come back the next year but I think it s from a tomato falling to the ground and the seeds go dormite. I planted two tomato plants this year and 5 plants are up and growing. So can they trseed themselves?
Why couldnt youdrop your seeds in the ground at the endd of the year and see if they;ll sprout in the spring.
I can't try because we don't get snow here.

Tomatoes are also annuals, the seeds produce totally new plants the next year.

That is how the plants continue in nature.

fisher

fisher

happily fishing, but

• Old School
  • 399 posts
all the above comments are correct.

and seeds generaly last for 4-5 years

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users