Senator Rand Paul detained

Discussion in 'Politics' started by reigninblood, Jan 23, 2012.

1. This is too funny.

I hope John Stewart or Colbert does a piece on this

2. Rand has been watching too much Adam Kokesh

3. Would it have been better if the TSA agent said "Oh it's OK. You're rich and powerful, so you can pass. These scanners are really just for the masses." And then let him through?

Members of the Paul dynasty should have special rights?

4. Just in case anyone waas undecided about whether or not herb's a troll. Thanks for clearing it up man.

5. Letting people go through the scanner again seems like a better way to handle anything like this. For everyone.

6. #27 ProvidencePlant, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012
    No one should have to be molested to get on a plane, simple as that, it shouldn't matter if your skin is brown or you're a politician.

^Exactly. They wouldn't let him go through a second time even though the machine was at fault.

7. Guys these screenings and stuff at the airport are totally random.

Stop getting all butthurt because one of your favorite pop-politicians is getting harassed like the rest of the country.

What makes him special that he shouldn't go through the same thing as everyone else?

He's not even very good at politics!

8. Rand Paul in TSA showdown after refusing pat down - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Herp derp. Random my ass.

9. Providenceplant, why are you such a blind follower? How old are you man?

10. I'm a blind follower because I shot you're claim that it was a random pat down, right...

11. Considering the current state of politics, I'd say being bad at politics is a good thing.

In case you didn't bother reading the thread at all, I'll repost it.

He wanted to go through the scanner again but they refused. I don't know about you but I get butthurt every time someone is forced to go through this bullshit regardless of social status.

Also, Rand Paul has been against this blatant desecration of our rights since the beginning so this is just going to be more fodder to be used against the TSA.

12. you kinda/sorta have a point.

but i disagree with the whole tsa groping/body scanners anyhow.

and you haveto admit its a bit poetic.

13. #35 mrgoodsmoke, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012

Nah, because you just said this, instead of explaining your obsession w/ Paul.

I mean, I get it, states rights. But do you understand that in many states, the rights would be exercised in such a way that would be detrimental to "liberty".

It's like a big philosophical paradox man. None of you can see it apparently. Ron Paul fans need to read Isaiah Berlin.

I get it, the federal reserve. You don't like it. I'm willing to bet that no one here can explain why w/ out repeating Ron Paul buzzwords.

I admire you guy's youthful optimism and passion for activism and all that. It's real cute.

But for fuck's sake it's like no one here has any political understanding at all. You've all been tricked dude.

Ron Paul is the most radical, evangelical, anti-abortion, borderline racists, whitest motherfucker on the stage man. The other ones are acting more conservative than they are. Ron Paul actually wants to take us back to the moral code of the fucking 1800s.

I just don't see how you guys could or would agree with someone like him except for the obvious thing where he goes around screaming, "liberty", "constitution".

You guys don't know shit about constitutional law or the procedures by which precedents are set in the scotus.

Ron Paul, if elected, would not have the authority to fulfill his promises. So how can you be his follower?

Please do not give me a 1 line evasive and superficial response.

And you didn't even shoot down my claim. Maybe it wasn't random though. Maybe these guys might actually be some fucking radical freaks.

14. What's an anomaly? Is that like a space-time distortion? Are these idiots even trained to read an x-ray?

15. goodsmoke, you're not even worth the time man. You're the guy who wants Gingrich to get the republican nod, that's all I have to say.

16. The airports need to start profiling, and put an end this stupid shit - but Americans object to profiling, mostly because they do not understand it. Until profiling is instituted, everybody will continue to be inconvenienced and random innocent people, including celebrities and politicians, will be subjected to being detained.

17. He's a blind follower because he question how a vague generalization and borderline ad-hominem is relevant?

18. Fine with me.

Profiling does NOT mean that you just pull out everybody that's Middle Eastern, or whatever - it's much more sophisticated than that - and it WORKS.