Ebb and Gro 8000watts 96 buckets

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Stickytea, Jan 23, 2012.

1. #1 Stickytea, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012
    This is my first grow using this specific system, for the last two years all prior grows were all coco and/or 6"x6" rockwool cubes.

I decided to dump that entire system this past Oct, finish out what I had and purchase for all my rooms the CAP Ebb and Gro System.

30 Bucket Room, and it's the healthiest grow I've had this year. Meaning zero deficiency problems with the plants, in this room. When I used coco there was always something I couldn't get quite right.

Using 2 1000w in this 30 bucket room, the room is a little tight, I may end up moving some buckets to another room for better coverage.

Also I have two other rooms that I've installed ebb and grow systems:
    42 Bucket Room: Running with TWO controller buckets from the one water reservoir, current strain God's Gift, this room has 4 1000w

24 Bucket Room two strains, Bio-Diesel and Purple Kush, running 2 1000w in this room.

30 bucket room has several different strains: Blue Dream, Bio-Diesel, Mr. Nice( which is turning purple nicely) and Chernobyl.

Timers for all Controllers: Floods every 6 hours, that's it.

Nutes: General Hydroponics, using the simple recirculating feeding chart right off of the first page of their website, using this for all three 55 gal water resorviors.
    The plants are the healthiest I've grown in the last six months. I've compared this chart to previous charts and it looks like they have changed their charts closer to that lucas formula some people use. But I haven't compared them in detail. During transplate I use B vitamins right after transplant.

Additional Nutes: FoxFarm Cha Ching is the only other nutes I add in the last 3 weeks of flower before flushing.

30 Bucket Room Air flow: NONE, that's right, nothing. Strange but true! I grow in a large warehouse, I built this room within the warehouse space and only used plastic for the ceiling section. Hot air from the lights flow out, daily temps with lights on are around 76 - 80 degrees and the winter nights bring 60 degrees to 50 degrees so it's actually been perfect. Basically just like the temps would be in the mountains.

42 and 24 Bucket Rooms air flow: is controlled with timers on inline fans with incoming air from outside and exhausting with inline fans from the rooms. Also using air conditioners in summer months to keep cool. The temps are kept in the mid-high 70's during the light hours and 60's non light hours.

Attached Files:

2. That is incredible.

I suppose this is all for personal use, right?

3. Wowie! That's incredible I can't wait to see the forest that is gonna soon be approaching... I am running 24 plants right now in the ebb n gro system and I love it! Good luck and I will be watching this huge operation

4. Heat Stress:

I did have a set back 13 days after transplanting the God's Gift into the 42 buckets, which was December 20th 2011. The first three days everything was great and I expected the same growth as the 30 bucket grow.

I was using only 1 controller bucket at that time and watering every 6hrs exactly like the other room, I did a test and all buckets did get flooded, so I thought no problem. WEll, it was a Problem was they weren't getting flooded for long enough.

I went away for 10 days and left my friend to watch my rooms.....NEVER do that! Big mistake, when I returned on Jan 2nd, my idiot friend had forgot to turn on the intake air when he was last there and the room heated to at least 100 degrees for over 4 days.

He was only stopping in every three -four days and hadn't been to my rooms since December 29th, so by the time I showed up 4 days later serious Heat Stress had effected the 42 Buckets of God's Gift.

It was a combination of not enough water and hot temps.

It was taken almost 3 weeks to bring them all back...I almost pulled them. I really would have regretted yanking them out, glad I waited!

Also I got another controller, I couldn't waste time trying to figure out the timing using one controller.

Attached Files:

5. Topping:

Four days ago I topped all the God's Gift I'll be posting the updated pics of the growth.
    This is the first time I've used this method and am hoping to really increase the yields.

6. absolutely, the more the better ;)

7. I'm completely amazed and want to use the same setup butttt probably a wee bit smaller...like 4-8 plants :laughing:

Subbed can't wait to see more!!

8. Lets see some more pictures lol. Sounds like a good setup, I wish I had a warehouse, to customize as a labratory grade medical marijuana facility haha. Someday!

Anyways I run 6000W ebb n grow set up. Good luck....

9. You should scrog... EVERYTHING! lol

10. Here are some pics of the recent topped God's Gift: the nodes on either side are growing equally, so I'll have two top cola's instead of the xmas tree looking. Some have even four growing up equally, can't wait to see those at flower.

Attached Files:

11. Update:

42 Bucket room: Update since I was there two days ago: all plants looking really good. Topped off the reservoir and added nutes, I added 10 gallons and added nutes for 5 gallons.

When I add nutes I always add less than needed. To be exact, let's say I fill the reservoir up to 45 gallons of fresh tap water. I'll add nutes for only 40 gallons. I think it's better than overdosing the plants with all the extra nutes. The plants seem to really grow better than when I added nutes for exactly the amount of water in the reservoir.

30 bucket room is now only getting water added, no more nutes are being added, sometime next week I'll siphon out all the water and start the flushing process. Since I can't siphon out what's in the 2-gal pots I will use FloraKleen from General Hydroponics to do the final flush.

Mr.Nice is starting to turn purple and the Blue Dream is looking pretty large.

24 bucket room picked up 15 clones of BioDiesel from my buddy, I'll transplant those tomorrow. I use 4 buckets of clean water and rinse the mix out, it's a pain in the ass but the clones are bigger than typical ones. Plus I trade for them :)

Attached Files:

12. My 30 bucket room is almost ready, here are the updated picks. The bio diesel and Chernobyl will have to go for 10 more days, but I'll be harvesting the Mr. Nice and Blue Dream this week. Also have one Plushberry as well to try out

also an update on the 42 God's gift that are in veg and almost ready to flip

Attached Files:

13. At first I thought that one plant was under an LED light... I'm taking a stab in the dark, but that's the blue dream?

Such a wonderful looking plant. Tis unfortunate that it's clone only (I think). I'd love to throw some in my rotation.

What strains have you grown in the past? I'm kind of interested. It seems like people who've ran quite a few strains always have ones they hate!

14. [quote name='"ohspyro89"']At first I thought that one plant was under an LED light... I'm taking a stab in the dark, but that's the blue dream?

Such a wonderful looking plant. Tis unfortunate that it's clone only (I think). I'd love to throw some in my rotation.

What strains have you grown in the past? I'm kind of interested. It seems like people who've ran quite a few strains always have ones they hate![/quote]

The purple one is the Mr. Nice, the other bushier green one is the Blue Dream, also have couple other strains in there as well

15. [quote name='"ohspyro89"']At first I thought that one plant was under an LED light... I'm taking a stab in the dark, but that's the blue dream?

What strains have you grown in the past? I'm kind of interested. It seems like people who've ran quite a few strains always have ones they hate![/quote]

Ive used to grow Grape Ape, papaya, bubbleberry, carmelicious, og kush, Skunk#5, Kryptonite ( purples really good) og santa cruz , an excellent strain that smells amazing like cherries, im trying to get some clones ( also purples well)

For the next runi have some AK-47 clones to replace this 30 bucket set up coming soon.

16. update on the God's Gift it's now at 2 1/2 into flowering.
    Check out the progress from first planting to now.

Attached Files:

17. #17 whygarden, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
    Man looks great...where did you get your Caralishes?..dont you love that strain...i got a g13 pinapple that is right there with it..I just crossed them both with a Calif/Conn kill free seed(disel strain) that had a small HEMMI only about 10 to 20 flowers opened. I hope it will give me female seed?

18. carmelicious from clones, it was a good strain, not a huge producer. Also really green and around here everybody want's purple.
    I hope you get lots of female seeds as well, the more the better

19. Subbed for sure! Sweet setup man!
    :smoke:

20. #20 whygarden, Mar 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2012
    Ya purple is the thing now...my Calif/Conn is like 1/2 purple...if you want some seed let me know...This is the LSD i just harvested it was a real good ender i almost pulled it...Very nice smoke, real easy on my asthma....I only am keeping the LSD & Critical out of this seed poop..Cant seem to load..pic on hyrdo thread...how about some up date pic?..i just got set up so i am following you..this is what i crossed..Calif/conn with Bubba kush..lsd...tangerine dream...vantage..critical..pinnapple..carmalishes..