What advanced nutrients should I use?(want to drop lucas formula)

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Subiebotz, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Any M-G-B formula from a Respected MFC including AN will do the job nicely. The simpler, the better for 1st timers. That's myMotto

2. tyvm zero.

im going to give botanicares cns line a shot instead of dyna gro. it has some product specifically for coco

what is the m for in mgb?

3. M-G-B (Micro-Grow-Bloom)

4. does worm shit count as micro?

5. [quote name='"backyard bandit"']does worm shit count as micro?[/quote]

No.
    On the bottle of nutrients it will say "micro".

6. damn! thanks you have helped a great deal =]

7. what micro nute would you recommend? is there something in the botanicare line that does this?

8. so i got flourish micro which is like flora micro and flourish bloom which is like flora bloom and when i got my package i came with logic grow dosage which is like sensi grow i wanna use the lucas formula can i add the logic grow or will it mess it up since the lucas formula is a 2 part thing?

9. I have been using CNS-17 for some time with great success. I still use it, very affordable and easy to find. I use the hydro version of the grow because I do have a hard time finding the coco/soil version, but it works wonderfully. I also use the hydro version of Bloom (this round), can't talk good enough about that line.

Best of luck!

10. so i got flourish micro which is like flora micro and flourish bloom which is like flora bloom and when i got my package i came with logic grow dosage which is like sensi grow i wanna use the lucas formula can i add the logic grow or will it mess it up since the lucas formula is a 2 part thing?

11. Hmmmm.... can't help you on that one, I can only speak for the CNS-17 line. I can tell you though that every single nute set I've tried with coco has worked, I just follow the basic directions at a lower rate - coco likes weaker nutrient solutions.

Maybe some flora bloom users can chime in on that...

12. You're suffering from a limited viewpoint that assumes your money has the same value to you that my money has to me. It actually is about opinion. Can you quantify it with pure facts and figures? Yes. But you're not going to be well-served if you treat it as though there's some absolute truth to be gained.

People have done the math many times and I'm not going to go look for it because I honestly don't care enough about "winning" an internet argument to be bothered to find an example. But the examples exist which show that when you factor in the application rate alone, AN is not much more expensive than many other brands, and is cheaper than many that otherwise appear to be less expensive.

Add to that the quantifiable improvements I've personally seen growing with Advanced Nutrients versus other nutrients and I do in fact have a significant amount of evidence to back up my opinions. I don't have a peer-reviewed scientific study because I grow in my home, not in a lab, but mostly because I don't really care whether I can prove it to anyone. I've proven it to myself to my own satisfaction and that's all that matters to me because I don't care if someone else uses a different nutrient or not.

Are you happy with what you use? Great! I don't care beyond that.

I'm just arguing that my personal experience isn't worthless simply because you don't agree with it.

It's easy to say I can't claim what I haven't claimed. I'm still just talking about my personal experience. Do I believe that other people would most likely come to the same conclusions I would given the same experience? Of course. Everyone tends to believe that, given the same situation, most other people would act the same way they would.

I'm comparing my grows to my grows. Not your grows. I don't know how well your grows have gone and I'm not going to ask either of us to compromise our security to make direct comparisons. Comparing my experience between different brands, different grows, different variables I've come to certain conclusions I'm happy with.

I have yet to find a nutrient that gives me consistently as good of results as Advanced Nutrients does. I'm not saying that proves AN is the best. I'm simply saying that it works best FOR ME. If you disagree that's fine.

So you wouldn't have any argument with me if I said what I've already said, just as long as I say it a way you'd like a bit more? See, I've got to make concessions that I might be paying too much before you're happy? THAT is BS.

You know who decides if I'm paying too much? ME. It's my money. I don't want to get into a complicated argument (too late) about math and numbers but I can assure you I've done the math as it applies to my growing. I'm not spending as much growing with AN as I did growing with certain other brands I won't point fingers at because I don't want to be a hater. So I think I'm quite justified in not feeling I might be overpaying in that respect. Add to it the personal experience that what I harvest is worth - to me at least - WELL MORE than the price difference between what I pay in nutes and even the cheapest options available and I vehemently stand behind my opinion that I am not overpaying.

And even if I were, IT'S MY MONEY.

Don't argue with me on the labels. I'm right about that. There's a huge list of things science has shown are beneficial to plants that the stuffy lawmakers don't let anyone put on a label. That alone makes using labels as some kind of final judge to what's in the bottle nearly useless.

This is stupid. You don't know anything about my buds, and I don't know anything about yours. This kind of stupid "mine's bigger than yours" argument is especially stupid on the internet. If you and I knew each other in person we could unzip and see who's packing the most meat but that would first require I care at all who would win the contest.

Let me be perfectly clear: I don't care if you grow buds that are amazingly superior to mine. I am happy with what I grow and how I grow it. The fact that you feel personally threatened by my happiness with growing with different nutrients is more than a little creepy, to be honest.

I'm happy with what I grow, you're apparently happy with what you grow, how about we both be happy we're both happy? I'm not trying to tell you you're a bad person for using whatever nutrients you use, how about a little of the same courtesy from you?

True as that may be, it doesn't prove anything about a specific brand. The existence of naivety, or it's usefulness in a customer base doesn't mean that it explains Advanced Nutrients' success. A fool and his money are soon parted, but that doesn't mean every transaction involves a fool. You believe only naive people buy Advanced Nutrients. Fine.

That doesn't mean you're right. It just means that's your opinion.

It's an opinion that I would keep to myself if it were mine, given that it is more than a little insulting to people that don't share it.

13. *clap clap clap*

YES. Thank you for this. I think you should share this with all of the boards.

I find myself moving away from the boards because there are fewer conversations about growing and more about how 'your way sucks' and 'you're wasting money.'

Sigh. I could care less what others think of what I'm doing, but I hate that new growers are getting run over with opinions instead of facts.

14. I got a giggle out of that. :D

15. #55 TheWatcher, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
    Your name is motherhugger. People like big mike are the antithesis of what your name implies.

You should be more concerned that new growers are being run over by people charging $125 for a bottle of plant food because they know most people who grow weed know nothing about gardening in general. It's that simple, and if there are any more "facts" I should know outside of this, please enlighten me.

I didn't answer hydrocult because he's made his point and I've made mine. But my answer to this this isn't just an opinion
    AN have products which are cheap. they've covered the bases on that one and I wouldn't expect anything less. But they sell products which play on peoples naivety, such as connoisseur blend etc, which are 100% about making extortionate profit on crude chemicals. If you think that's just my opinion, you are free to ask any number of people more qualified than me. And if you want to ignore everyone, no matter what their expertise, then you're not just naive, but ignorant. That's also a fact.

16. [quote name='"TheWatcher"']

AN have products which are cheap. they've covered the bases on that one and I wouldn't expect anything less. But they sell products which play on peoples naivety, such as connoisseur blend etc, which are 100% about making extortionate profit on crude chemicals. If you think that's just my opinion, you are free to ask any number of people more qualified than me. And if you want to ignore everyone, no matter what their expertise, then you're not just naive, but ignorant. That's also a fact.[/quote]

Well you can lump me in with the naive, and you can call me ignorant....I like their products and I'll gladly pay more if I can work less

You have a very simplistic way of looking at things and your incredibly insulting....I can't wait to look at your monster grow with no problems what so ever, pics or it never happen....I can prove AN works and I hardly look at my grow space

So put up or shut up

17. Listen, if you use ANs basic product list, fine. I have used hammerhead in the past as my pk supplement. But if you pay hundreds of dollars for your NP&K then yes, you're naive for paying that much expecting it to be any better than any basic plant food.

And what do you mean by work less? Explain. AN have created nutes which administer themselves? Now that's something I'll pay more for. Any links?

18. How are you guys ?

I felt the need to contribute with my two cents in the subject.

I really cannot believe that Advanced Nutrients is so hated, still. I'm a business man and is all business. For a second just think about this;

How would you feel if you were called naive just because YOU use something different ? We are not using unknown nutrients or chemicals to be called naive ! However the hate against the owner or owners of AN is unreal at this point.

I have develop a system using AN nutrients and 100% Perlite. I just did a good breakdown in my last page of my journal ... "Perlite vs Organics" read it if you have the chance.

AN will never force a grower to buy their products. Most important, AN is big as today because of recurring customers. I don't think that is naive, otherwise the Company would have failed long time ago, like just happen to previous Companies before AN. I personally think is on you, if you bought the most expensive line and did not like it and you keep spending money on it. I personally use the Sensi Bloom, Big Bud, Bud Candy & Overdrive. I can't stress enough how good it is and affordable.

Here is my analogy ...

When I bought one my cars I have 3 series to pick from:

Each one has their value and it will depend on me, if I go with the most expensive one or the cheap one. The question is what do I want ? However rest assure any series will ride perfectly; however I can guarantee you the 750 is a dream, but it comes with a PRICE. Pretty much happens with these nutrients. If you do not like AN is ok to not like something or agree with it, but insulting my Intellectual Capacity out the Blue is NO, NO in my books.

Not saying you gotta learn to love AN, just let them be. They are doing an amazing work. If their practices are shady, their business will crumble, I have seen it so many times before with shady business. However they have been in business for a long time with no signs of slowing down.

My 2 cents

19. I went threw your posts, nice to see your always insulting and not just in here.... Your threads lack substance and pictures(proof of your point of view about correct growing, as well as your growing ability).

I have to prove nothing or show nothing to you..... Apparently others have tried and you do nothing but insult them as well.... Your nothing but an Internet thug with a know it all attitude. Your write up on basic coco growing was so basic it shouldn't have been posted.....your a canna fan, why don't you just start a "this is why you should use canna nutes" grow basics thread that is terrible as well, maybe you can convince other growers to stay away from their products...

Every grower is different, what works for one might not work for another...

Go be negative some place else

• Like Like x 1
  20. I think AN is like the Mac of computers..yea it works but you pay more for their marketing..I think nutrient fanboys are funny obviously if someone uses something that worked for them they will continue to use it and AN is the most popular so people keep using it..whatever gets you from a to b is all good in my book