Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vaporizer Debate

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by muaythaipride, Jun 15, 2006.

1. the kits from stienel can be had for like 180

basically this abs uncrushable case with the heatgun and a bunch of tips all sorts of plastic welding rod (for those diy bong days)

2. you get everything you pay for...

your one hell of a sucka if you fo around throwing judgements every which way.

i have no issues with the heat guns or other vapesz they are all very nice.

but the volcano is the best by far... hands down :smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking:

3. Hi guys!

Good debate here!

I'M new to the vaporizer world and I would like to have some link to them. I'm searching for the best cheap vaporizer! :) Vaporwarez 3g seems to be good from what I read here. Any price of it?

4. Vapor Warez is basically the same unit as the Vapor Brothers. However, the Vapor Warez has a ceramic heating element.

The ceramic heating element is more durable, but there has been some debate about health concerns with it. I don't know what's up with that.

I have a Vapor Brothers, and was going to get another, just as a backup, because it's my favorite vaporizer. I considered getting the Vapor Warez until I heard about the health concerns.

Not sure what to do now. :confused:

I will say the whip based vaporizers are the best units for a beginner, and they are reasonable in price.

I believe both the Vaper Brothers and Vapor Warez can be obtained off ebay for 120.00 or less.

5. hardly the best...its all hype dude

take yours apart and tell me that pile of aluminum is worth half a g

fact is it's not and never has been

S&B sure as hell found a group of suckers to shill a crappy device too thats for sure

you could make your own cano easy as fuck

block of machined aluminum heat and a bellows...not complex not new and certinly not some awesome german invention these two try to pass it off as

it can't even vap salvia lol

til - I never had a vb but the 3g wasn't half bad...not worth 150 bucks for a box of tiki wood a vial with a ground glass joint fused to the end and a ceramic soldering iron element but it works

6. All the weeds that's been floating around here has tasted pretty bad. I think the local

growers aren't flushing before harvesting. I put some nugz in my Voodoo and it was

really and unpleasant taste. Also I tried some Mystic Potion discs for the Voodoo,

WTF!!!!!!!!!! Shit was nasty as hell! IT CONTAINED CATNIP, lol.

Voodoo is great though. I haven't had a prob with it. Heats up super quick. 200 bones and only had to drive 5 miles. digital temp

7. I own one of those

the element died on it and my bud handed it over as junk

anywho the 'ceramic' element it boasts is a crock of shit it's basically the biz end of a cheapo 7 buck radioshack soldering iron which is nothing more then a rolled tube of metal a screw tip and a roll of mica wrapped with nichrome wire

true ceramic soldering irons are a sheet of ceramic with a circuit board of sorts applied and rolled under high heat leaving you with the same coil like heating bit encased in ceramic

return that hunk of junk and make your own with replacement ceramic tips from any eletronics place or get the 3g one and stock up on replacement ceamic iron tips from said eletronics place

far as tips go draw slow inhale like you would from a bong but very very slow till you get an iea of how fast or slow you like getting vapor as well as how fast or slow effects taste

8. vas... your a tool...

the fact is that it was invented by a team of germans as the best way to adminster thc to medical marijuana study patients...

the fact is... the volcano catches and uses most thc more effciently then a heat gun...

the fact is... the bag system is unbelivably solid... and while you sitting around pointing your little gun every which way im leaning back in my chair sippin vapor.

the fact is... don't disrespect my opinion just because yours differs it is straight up shady...

did you know that volcanos just opened afactory in oakland??? price will go down.. right now that hefty price tag is vor research and development.

can't even vape salvia??? well you can vape nicotine... im not a tabac smoker myself but those who are can really save a lung... and who wants to use a heat gun on tabac?

don't be a hack... you evil scoundral

9. no need for name calling^

please provide references to these "facts" that you are posting.

edit: ill just take care of this.

1. The fact that it was made by germans as the best way to administer THC doesnt make it the best. I'm not sure how this helps your argument. Germans can make crap just as easily as anyone else. Ever owned a volkswagen?

2. please show me a study that shows a volcano vs. a heat gun vaporizer. You wont. None have been done. So your claim that it "catches and uses most thc more efficiently than a heat gun" is out the window.

3. the "solid bag system" you're referring to is nothing more than a turkey roasting bag. They can just as easily be adapted to a heat gun cheaply and effectively.

The FACT of the matter is that one can build a vape as good if not better than the volcano for less than half the price.

Your opinion is your opinion, so think what you want, but dont start attacking ARS because he's giving you the truth. Ars has forgotten more than you'll ever know about vaporizing. Sorry if its not what you want to hear.

10. Well TheColonel has got Ars' back, I smiled when I read the comment about him forgetting more about vaporizing than he knew LOL

Ars has taken time out of his day to explain exactly why the Volcano is over-rated; and you come on here saying it's the best there is. That's gotta be annoying. I mean it's one thing to say- hey, I paid for a brand name and it's still tight... But calling him a tool when he has taken time to explain why it's not worth the money and you come in here with the Volcano commercial script I mean come on.

He's just trying to help, if you look past being so biased you'll see he's not only saying, but explaining how it can be done for cheaper... And still it be higher quality.

I'm not too handy with building things I will admit, so I sometimes have to pay for a brand name because I can't make it myself. I've never had anyone bitch about the Volcano when using it- it's only about the quality of construction and price.

It sounds to me like Ars has tried a bunch of different vaporizers and even taken part in the dismantling of said vaporizers. I'll be watching for his posts about vaporizers from now on fo sho. :D

11. I wish Hippy Dickie was around GC and that kanjo dude both had/have a way better grasp on things then I but it's nice to know people aren't buying hype

Dude...I died when ya made that VW comment... my cousin owned a god awful 87 jetta

the body was pretty much metal air cardboard thick pressboard with cloth on it for it's cheap innards

and to cap it off the wheels were BOLTED on ...and I can personally attest to the failure rate of this system after 4 seperate wheel mishaps doing 30+

it's like hitting a giant street cone :D

12. well even though I don't use cannabis medicinally, I have to say the best non-DIY vaporizer besides the Volcano looks to be the Hotbox. In fact, I hope to get one this fall, but I don't know where I can get one physically, so I might have to order it online. I just don't have six hundred bucks or so to spend on the volcano and I've never been a fan of heat gun deals. I'd rather it be an apparatus on its own I suppose.

13. 8 tiles glued together a soldering iron rheostat 'n a short run of glass tubing with one end rolled in

it operates the same as all the whip vaps so unless you dig the tiles you could probably find or make something cheaper grabbing the whip from your local headshop or something

14. I would have to agree w/ you on that. If you dont want to go through the hassle of fabbing up a vape, your best bet is a box/whip style vape. There is something to be said for a unit that is completely self contained, small, not bulky or complicated, and can deliver a decent vapor hit for about 100 bucks.

I wouldnt ever have that unit be a 500 dollar "volkswagen of vaporizers". Theres better ways to waste your money and still get a good self contained, easy to use unit.

The drawbacks to the box/whip design are the fact that as the bud starts to vaporize, it starts shrinking and taking up less space. The bud falls to the bottom of the whip (when held to the heater) The sideways heating element just doesnt hit everything w/o either holding the entire unit vertically, or turning up the heat and rotating the whip around the heating element. Turning up the heat will reduce the length of the bowl, however, and it will mess w/ that wonderful vaporizer taste.

The other issue is the screens dont filter out all the particles so you have to stick your tongue in front of the whip when you draw or you can run the whip through a small bubbler style water chamber. That will filter out the mini kif particles that sneak through, and it will cool the vapor pretty well. The problem w/ those particles is that if you vaporize regularly, they'll start to effect your respritory system if they build up.

aside from that, the box/whip vape is a great starter vape. if you get into it a bit more, you'll surely be looking for ways to optimize it to get the best hits, and therefore may need to upgrade to something like a heat gun.

15. Thanks for that info. I did NOT know that seeing as I have never used/owned a vap before.

I just don't like the idea of the guns. I thought drawing THC through a water pipe reduced the amount of THC one gets from each hit, whereas a vaporizer is efficient enough to make sure a great deal of the THC reaches your bloodstream. Thusly those heat guns that one places directly onto the bowl never seemed efficient to me, but I might be wrong as there's a lot of debate on the subject of how much THC is actually lost from filtering the vap or smoke through water. I personally use a small bubbler which I'm very happy with currently, though I've noticed that over the last year that I smoked ganja regularly (my first and only year of regular cannabis use, stopped recently until my small grow comes through) that my lungs didn't feel so great and I had some trouble on long amounts of exercising. This was mainly cuz I was smoking many bowls of schwagg though, that's why I stopped smoking regs.

ANYWHO, how badly do those kief particles that escape into the whip affect your lungs? I'd imagine it can't be much worse for you than smoking . . . since the amount of tar buildup in one's lungs must be many many times that of what is in anybody's glass, acrylic, or metal smoking piece.

And Ars, I would never trust myself to make something that I would smoke/vap out of. Kudos for the understanding of how the hot box operates and is constructed, but I can honestly say I wouldn't feel right making my own smoking or vaporization device, save for rolling a joint . . .

16. ^ dude you'd be shocked... when someone sells a product like that they really don't think about your health

this is why many look at the volcano as the best

the innards of most of these whip models is pretty gritty with respect to heat and your lungs safely getting thc

for example the majority of vap bro or pure vaporizer types are just a soldering iron with it's handle removed screwed to a block of wood (usually coated in something you wouldn't wanna inhale) within a box that leads to the inline rheostat to control your temp by way of voltage or put in with heat resistant putty like the new vap bros

the only really safe whip ones commercially are those all glass bubbler whip ones that can be seen on glasspipes.org or hotglass that herbalizer hookah looking thing

its all glass while the box ones have a hot ass iron of some sort ceramic or not hooked to wood wire ect thats contained within more wood or glued together tiles lol

once I started ripping mine apart I was a bit irked by how much silly design and needless crap that could melt that was in them

if you wanna try diy radio shack has much of what you need while

all you need is a bit of glass tubing that'll fit over the iron with a few of the bic safety things inside to keep it stable yet free to flow

besides that you buy the whip heat the tubes end so it rounds in to accept the headshop whip

if you wanna get fancy hook it to an inline lamp dimmer to adjust the temp

another even safer route is to use a quality clear lightbulb hooked to the inline dimmer and a pathway for heat to flow over your herb like the vaporeyes unit

get creative all you want is a clear heat path with nothing burnable besides the bud could be any source so long as it lets you inhale hot air over herb

17. This debate is getting better and better. I never knew this about whip style vapes- but it makes sense. My buddy was asking if there was a way to combat the sore throat problem he was experiencing from his vaporizer; and we thought about the bubbler/ice chamber for the whip idea.

Not only do little particles make their way through, but the hot air can be uncomfortable on the throat as well. A bubbler/ice chamber for the whip is a solution, and now I know if I get a Super Vapezilla, I need to get a special whip to make it as tight as it can be as well.

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this issue in detail, because I'm getting a lot of insight on things I'm new into understanding about vaporizing.

18. I am always looking for new information regarding my vaporizers, and vaporizers in general.

Hopefully we can pass on what we learn in the future. :)

19. vapzilla is basically a rip of the fogger which you can probably find on ebay

it uses a mini oven heating element if I recall correctly

the bubbler thing is pretty easy to do

mini sherlock bubs and such usually have a bowl that'll perfectly fit the tip of any old vapor bros or vaporwarez

add a screen to get the widest possible surface to work with and use fine ground bud in coin thick layers with the water about 2 pennies high past the downstem

you don't want water to bubble just to be pushed by the air enough to act as a wall of absorbtion for the particles as you inhale

think spitball hitting wall

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-85839338750567_1906_1088742

you only get a small space for bud but it's a single hit per perosn sort of vapor rip anyway

Also the silversurfer vap has a 50 some buck addon that replaces the glass mouthpiece with a bubbler that terminates in a tube that fits in your plastic tubing but I prefer all glass since you are drawing hot air like you would on a bong

20. I'm not seeing the fogger on E-Bay... But the Super Vapezilla has a microchip in it to keep the temp constant no matter if you inhale slow or fast, has a digital temperature readout, and it looks really cool. I know it's overpriced, but I'm not on a budget when it comes to the best vaporizer out there. This also includes aesthetics of course, which I think is a strong point of the Vapezilla, especially the Super Vapezilla like I'm planning on.

I'll post a picture of my design for a glass ice chamber to attach to a whip, and I really want a sick headie glass one too... I just have to talk to a glass blower at this head shop in Clearwater.

I'm pretty sure the Vapezilla is a high quality product, it's made in the U.S.A. from what I can see, and it comes with a warranty. You can't get much better than that :D