ST's Indoor Closet Iguana Juice Coco Chocolope +Mo Grow! =)

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by sextutor, Jan 21, 2012.

1. #1 sextutor, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2012
    CURRENT GROW DETAILS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lights : CFL (150w x2) @ 18/6 for veg .:.Tuuuuube light!!! MH/HPS 600w @12/12 for flower
    Medium : Botanicare Coco (fiber coir) & Perlite (65% - 35%)
    Nutes : Adanced Nutrient's Iguana Juice (Grow and Bloom) + FoxFarms (Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom) +AN's Big Bud and Bud Candy + Atami's Bloombastic plus Sunleaves International House of Guano's and other amendments....
    Strains : Arjan's Strawberry Haze (Feminized), Chocolope (Feminized), Neville's Haze (Feminized), Arjan's Haze #1 (Feminized), Hashberry (Regular), Bagseed (Female)
    Breeders: DNA Genetics, Green House Seed Co, Mandala Seeds, and Unknown Reg's/Mid's B.S.
    Source: Attitude SeedBank​

Grower Notes:cool::

I am currently running my closet @450 Watts until I'm further along in flowering when i bump her up to 600watts since i have an off Brand dimmable ballast which was just upgraded 1 week before Flowering. But they all vegged mostly under 250w of HPS and the supplemental CFL's Which brings me to "The Switch"...They were left in a dark period of 24+ hrs and then "Switched" on 1/17/2012 and currently on day 4. :yay:Woooo! Using an on and off cycle of ph'd R/O water, I.J. Grow, Peruvian Sea Bird Guano and just switched to foilar feeding with Big Bloom to Tiger Bloom:metal:
    Please note that this will not be a 100% Organically grown product;)

Now lets go get to know the ladies! :ey:

Introducing :

Nikki Terra, Neversy's Haze, Aiden Maiden Haze, Monster Hunter Hash, Mrs.Thyng #1 and Mr.Thyng #2, and last but not least Shannon Shwagger! :hello::hello::love::smoking:

NIKKI TERRA
    Arjan's Strawberry Haze

[​IMG]

Breeder: Green House Seed Co.
    Sex : Feminized
    Type : Mostly sativa
    Flowering : Photoperiod
    Genetics : Swiss sativa, NL5 Haze Mist
    Flowering Time : Medium, Long
    Outdoor Harvest :
    Height : Medium
    THC Level : 20.4%
    Characteristics : Very mild body effect, strong cerebral high. Very creative and social

Breeder Notes :

Arjan's Strawberry Haze from Greenhouse Seeds has a very mild body effect with a strong cerebral high. It's creative & social.
    For flowering indoor, most growers harvest for 10 weeks. A week longer will allow maximum flavour. Yield 500 to 600 gr/sqm. Flowering outdoors, it will be ready around the end of October in the Northern hemisphere; around end of May in the Southern. Yield up to 800 gr/plant.

[​IMG]

Grower's Notes :

MRS.THYNG #1 and MR.THYNG #2
    Chocolope

Breeder : DNA Genetics
    Type : Sativa
    Genetics : O.G. Chocolate Thai X Cannalopehaze
    Flowering Time : Short
    Outdoor Harvest : October-November
    Height : Medium, Tall
    THC Level : Unknown
    Characteristics : uniquely heavy yield and large heavy nugs, she is extremely easy to grow

Breeder Notes :
    DNA Seeds Chocolope Feminized cannabis seeds which were originally named D-Line, are a novice grower's dream plant! With a uniquely heavy yield and large heavy nugs, DNA Chocolope is extremely easy to grow. This Sativa heavy plant likes to grow tall so beware if space is an issue, however she can grow out with a little training. DNA Genetics chose to cross our Original Chocolate Thai female with the Cannalope male, and then started backcrossing this to achieve a shorter flower time and still retain some of the Original Chocolate Thai qualities. What makes these cannabis seeds so special is that when you enjoy her you taste that chocolate you've been missing from the 80's! The DNA Seeds Chocolope Feminized is the "ONE"! Not much haze, but you don't need it.

4 Times Cup Winner!!!

Grower's Notes :

NEVERSY'S HAZE
    Neville's Haze

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Breeder : Green House Seed Co.
    Type : Indica / Sativa
    Genetics : Almost pure Haze
    Flowering Time : Medium
    Outdoor Harvest : October
    THC Level : 21.0%
    Characteristics :Very strong cerebral high, a true connoisseur choice

Breeder's Notes :

Green House Seeds Neville's Haze cannabis is one of the strongest Haze varieties from the Greenhouse feminized seed collection. She combines the original Haze - an almost psychedelic tropical Sativa - with one quarter Northern Lights - a powerful, heavy-hitting indica and is often used for medical purposes.
    Growing Neville's Haze feminized cannabis seeds can be quite a challenge. They are not very difficult to grow but may require a lot of work especially in smaller growing cabinets. Though they are suitable for both indoor and outdoor cultivation, beginners in marijuana growing should really start her outdoors. Indoor varieties can be started under 12 hours of lights but to get quality is certainly not an easy task. The earliest ones will finish in 14 weeks; those that take much longer than this are usually discarded as not practical. During maturing Neville's Haze feminized develops a complex aroma that almost smells like a plant other than a cannabis, which compliments her elegant tall and lanky sativa structure. Her plants can tolerate as much nutrients as you want to give. In the vegetative stage they don't complain about the nutrient amounts, but in the blooming stage leaves drop away (usually all of them), no matter what you do. No worries, it's normal if your plants consist of stems and buds only. Try to provide them with higher air humidity, at least from 60% to 80 %.

The yield of this marijuana strain varies from 250 gr and 500 gr per m2. Like any other sativa variety, the more you nurture Neville's Haze, the bigger yield you can expect. She develops big fluffy buds with an intense rushing high, not recommended for inexperienced smokers - too trippy - too profound. With some patience, seeds of this Greenhouse marijuana will reward her grower with one of the most refined aromas and effects of the cannabis world.

Grower's Notes :

AIDEN'S MAIDEN HAZE
    Arjan's Haze #1

[​IMG]

Breeder : Green House Seed Co.
    Type :
    Genetics :
    Flowering Time :
    Outdoor Harvest : October
    Height :
    THC Level : 22.3%
    Characteristics : Extremely psychoactive high, strong and long lasting

Breeder's Notes :

Arjan's Haze #1 was a 1st place winner of the 2004 High Times People Cannabis Cup. It's an absolute must for all cannabis connoisseurs and breeders alike, and is a very special plant that has a lot of superior qualities. Haze #1 effect is extremely psychoactive high, strong and long lasting. Its cannabis seeds produce a spicy, minty sativa taste. Flowering indoor is about 11 weeks with a yield of 600-800 gr/sqm. Flowering outdoor finishes at the end of October in the Northern hemisphere, or in May in the Southern. Production can reach 1500 gr/plant. Green House Arjan's Haze #1 produce massive buds and superior quality with spectacular THC concentration. An extraordinary champion for the most demanding growers.

4 Times Cup Winner!!!

Grower's Notes :

MONSTER HUNTER HASH
    Hashberry

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Breeder : Mandala Seeds
    Sex : Regular
    Type : Mostly indica
    Genetics : Mostly Indica
    Flowering Time : Medium, Long
    Outdoor Harvest : September/October
    THC Level : Medium
    Characteristics : fruity-berry, blackcurrant jam, hashy

Breeder's Notes :
    Mandala Seeds Hashberry is the unique result from a rigorous selection of desirable parents, with special attention paid to preserve the hybrid vigor our strains are so valued for. This Indica will grow to a medium height and is a good choice where space matters and excellent for SOG.Hashberry develops a tight and heavy head bud with dense buds located on her firm side shoots. You will notice that many plants cover the bud leaves with a coat of THC glands and these will fill your pollinator/bubble bags generously. This strain still remains easy to manicure, and the dried buds have great “bag appeal”. The buds reveal a refreshing fruity-floral scent during the flowering period. After proper drying and maturation their fragrance transforms into a delicious hashy-berry like aroma.Hashberry not only has hybrid vigor, but is also very heat resistant and it's cannabis seeds are easy to grow. We recommend keeping humidity levels and watering low during the last 2 weeks of flowering to prevent any mold in the compact top buds.​

Grower's Notes :

SHANNON SHWAGGER
    Bag Seed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    *Disregard the H.B. on the right. She ended up being Shannon Shwagger

[​IMG]

Sex : Female​
    Height : Med/Tall

Cont.....

Attached Files:

2. I cant wait to see this grow come along. Im interested in the chocolope. The clone I got from a local dispensary that grew very short and indica like so I thought that was strange. But anyways I just gonna sit back and watch these ladies grow. :smoking:

3. #3 sextutor, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2012

:wave: Welcome Kwonic and thanks for joining the thread. Enjoy my ladies as much as i am :D
    Unfortunately it could be that you got a clone from a mother plant that was cloned to much... or a clone that came from a plant that has a history of being a clone after clone after clone. Mrs.Thyng 1 and 2 are grown from seed and one grows large and with more node spacing and the other is growing smaller bushy and compact. Enjoy the grow brotha. :smoke:

4. Hey sextutor, :wave:

It sounds like you've got your "thing" together, and have some very nice strains to boot.

Unfortunately, we can't SEE them...hint, hint.

Good luck with your grow! :D

5. #5 sextutor, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
    Update:

Hey Grasscity!
    My lucky 7 promo for the month of January just arrived today and i had to post some fresh picks of mah beans sitting in sum ph'd water. I've had so much going on plus trying to get photobucket to work has been a pain in the ass. Anyone know a better image hosting site? Well anyways without further delay enjoy the fresh beans my clones and our fresh tomatoe seeds germinating in the temporary grow cab..a.k.a. under the bathroom sink.. o_0

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Notes :

So so many seeds...but for now you only get to see the ones being germinated.
    Flash Seeds - Chaze (Super Auto-Fem)
    Short Stuff Seed Bank- Russian Rocket Fuel (Auto-Fem) X 3
    Kannabia Seeds- Mikromachine (Auto-Fem)

[​IMG]

MIKROMACHINE
    Kannabia​

[​IMG]

CHAZE
    Flash​

[​IMG]

*Please note the 3- Russian Rocket Fuels are the 3 cubes in the middle ^.^

** Does anyone know how great the success rate is in throwing the beans str8 into the rock wool cube? I decided to use the Idgaf method late last night instead of my usual paper towel method :/

6. #6 sextutor, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2012
    [quote name='"papawayne"']Hey sextutor, :wave:

It sounds like you've got your "thing" together, and have some very nice strains to boot.

Unfortunately, we can't SEE them...hint, hint.

Good luck with your grow! :D[/quote]

Hey P.Wayne!
    Thanks for the good vibes! And welcome to my grow journal. I been trying to get more pics up but somehow its always one problem after another and with battling deficiencies/issues and building this grow cab im finding it tough working on the journal but im trying i promise. Enjoy the grow Papawayne.

7. Bump Bump! Where you at Grasscity?? Can i get sum love? 1st time "Indoor" grow =) Need some advice if anyone has .02 cents ill deff. listen. Uploading more pics now as im managing with photobuckets slow process...

8. Hey sextutor,

Show some love - Papawayne's Girlz - get some love. I think that's how it works, anyways. :D

What sort of advice are you looking for?

9. tutor, i think your success rate with the rock wool cubes will be the same as directly in soil providing the temp and moisture levels are managed in "the zone". FWIW I germinate directly in soil all the time and have a ~85-90 percent success rate. Rarely 100% but I've hit that mark as well. I'm not good with rock wool because I haven't worked with it a lot. When I did work with it it seemed my greatest challenge was managing moisture levels.

Good luck man!

10. Im totally loving your ladies. You got this organics thing dialed in bud. I know me next run will be better as long as im taking notes from you and Possum. My ladies have been through sum trouble and just now coming out of it...you'll see it on my next update here its despicable. Ha.

:D:wave: Thanks for the good vibes Possum! Always great to have an old buddy drop by. I have a long way before i get this thing dialed in but i know there's amazing help here on the city thanks to you O.G.'s of the site.:smoke:

11. Whoa! What happened here?

[​IMG]

Somebody's not happy. How often do you foliar feed/spray? From the algae in some of your pots, I'd say too often. You have to let things dry out, both deep in the pot and on the surface, or you're constantly going to have problems.

Whatever you think the problem is with this plant, leave it alone and don't try to treat it. No more foliar and no more water/nutes in the the pot until it dries out completely and the leaves lose their turgor (the stems sag).

Then give it a light watering (not to the point of runoff) with just plain water.

Wait for the pot to dry out again, and then give it a light feeding with a balanced all-purpose fertilizer (1/4 strength) to give it some encouragement to grow.

One of the hardest things to do when you see a plant with a problem...is to do nothing. But rushing to do something, or doing something every day to try and fix the problem, will only make things worse. Be patient and make small moves.

Another thing...that wire splice in the background with the orange wire-nut...that's a serious accident just waiting to happen.

12. #12 sextutor, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2012
    Update :

Close to the most update of these ladies as these pictures were just taken yesterday.

NIKKI TERRA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    * Fuck yeah my girls get jewelry and are blinged out :D:smoke:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    * Just caught her in time to pull her out of a mild deficiency (Added a cpl tsp's of Urea and about a tbsp of Garden Lime)

NEVERSY'S HAZE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    * Being LST'd with a bead necklace and headphones compliments of my roommates :p Thanks guys :smoke:

[​IMG]
    * Neversy had experienced a pretty bad nutrient burn (Nitrogen) and or deficiencies due to other Nutes being locked out. She had slowed growth got kinda woody growin and developed tiny deformed leaves along with twisting leaves and "Rosetting" I believe its called when the inner stem of each blade of the leaf grows faster than the leaf tissue itself. :( But i flushed a second time today and the run-off came out to around 650ppms so me thinks she is way better and nice and green.

MONSTER HUNTER HASH

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    *First signs of nuts on my Monster Hunter Hash. But i had already suspected it from the 3 cotyledons and fast growth

[​IMG]
    *He had some monster leaves but i trimmed them all off recently

SHANNON SHWAGGER

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    *That rough lovin' finally gave Shannon some maturity ;)

[​IMG]
    * She's got pubes! I meant say pre-flowers:p:smoke:

MR.THYNG #2

[​IMG]
    *I was so disappointed in DNA Genetics as i bought like a 5pk of these like a 2-3years ago FEMINIZED and this one turned out to be a male so i renamed Mr.Thyng #2 and they weren't cheap. But the jokes on them because now ill be able to breed new strains and have Feminized Chocolope seeds of my own! Mwaaahaahaaaha!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    *After the 2nd PSG feeding most of my plants started getting a very light green/yellow on all of its new chutes as well as stunting growth. Most of my plants are pulling out of this after mild flushing. I suspect a Nitrogen and Potassium toxicity?? Anyone know what it could be. I thought maybe a change to cold/hot temps but she only gets between 71- 79 degrees in the flowering room and i would guess no less than 65-68 degrees at night? I raised the lights a cpl inches just in case as sometimes certain factors did make the room hotter but very few times.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    *Some of my ladies have penetrated their smart pot on the bottom side...is this normal? Does this happen from having run-off pool up in their over flow trays? Should i be doing something about this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    * Under Canopy. He had been LST'd. Now awaiting for flowers for the collection of pollen.

AIDEN MAIDEN'S HAZE

[​IMG]
    * This is currently the sickest of my plants :( So any help would be appreciated. She is on a second flush and i think her last run-off was at 1370ppms which seems way high to me? Should i flush her again or let her dry out a lil and then hit her up with a low bloom mix...say 400ppms or flush again after she dries out a bit? Anyone? She might be doing a lil better though as the following pics were a day or two before her 2nd flush.
    ** http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/987326-spot-issue-burn-test-your-skill-help-out.html -Check this link out for more info on this plant i posted over in the sick plants section.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grower's Notes :

For some reason I forgot about the sexy Mrs.Thyng #1(Chocolope). She is gorgeous and growing big and wide everyday! And amazingly only in a 3.8gallon smart pot that seems to not be restricting her growth at all. Ill snap some shots of her if i get a chance to tomorrow because i think i might be starting on my Veg. Grow Cab for my clones, seedlings, and Auto's soon.

13. :D:hello: Welcome back Papawayne! Thanks for the great advice, i have to say that sometimes layin back and watchin the garden over a bowl really gets my gears rolling. And i have sense fixed those issues. So im happy to say im way ahead of ya :smoke:
    That picture was month or so ago see my update. I know i know im catching up tho:cool:

I was not foilar feeding Shannon Shwagger at the time but i think i didnt cut my base Nute (I.J. Grow) enough when also adding the Grow Big by F.F. Or maybe they just dont mix and will keep that in mind on my next run. But she is since then doing a lot better and the tallest of my ladies.

The algae you seen on some of my smart pots was from the pots sitting furthest away from my fan and i treated that with soaking a lil good ol' Hydrogen Peroxide on a rag and rubbing it on the outside of the pots where the algae was. The ladies have since been rotated and getting better air circulation now that i brought my fan down to hit the pots more instead of just the upper canopy.:)

The wire nut lmao! You should have seen it when it only had one wire nut on it. I was just starting to build my flowering room let alone moving into my new rented room. Yeah that's right. I got some cool as fuh roommates ;):D
    I have since then added a new nut and completely wrapped with electrical tape. But i no longer use those lights...they were my small 150 and 50 watt HPS lights, I have since upgraded to a 600 watt dimmable HPS/MH Tube light running @475 watts.

I totally thank you for your advice as i only wish i had this thread up sooner, else i'd have some more advanced monsters compared to your babies.:p I would have even hit it up with one of those high microbe AACT teas. i wonder if its too late now that im a few weeks into flowering now. Also can i make one of your tea brews but add or even supplement some Jamaican Guano and then brew for 24hrs?

I will deff. take your advice and from now on will be taking smaller moves with added patience:smoke:

Thanks for stopping by and all your help Papawayne! Your welcome back anytime bud!:hello::wave:

14. Yo sextutor..
    Nice man.. You got a lot going on bro..

Can't read it all ATM but looks like maybe some overwatering and nute def..

I've read you need a lot of cal/mag with coco.. Any lime added to the the mix??

Ed

15. :wave: Hey Eddro,
    Welcome to my grow. Yeah i do have a bit going on now that you mention it. But since i pulled out the 2 males i think i might just have the room for it. I did add about 1tbsp of garden lime and about 1 tsp of Epsom....

Its also about the same time i did the PSG tea so im confused as to wt it has too much of. The Epsom and Lime i find so confusing. I am using the most common recommended dosage here on GC but im still confused as to what the proper dosage is. I think sum water feeds say to add a tbsp of epsom to a gallon and water but it makes me nervous to do so...i dont want to burn anything...its almost contreversial since i think its says to only top feed a tsp to the coco i think. Idk its all so confusing... You know the proper amnts? or if i should just stick to using one or the other? Epsom or Garden Lime?

16. Man, I dont really know so much about it

I know ph is important.. More like hydro 5.8 or so..
    Also I've read the coir holds onto cal/mag and many people add dolomite lime to the soil mix..
    Although I know some coir now come with some extra cal added.. I really don't know the proper feeding dosage for corrections..
    Have you checked out the coir section?

Sorry if I made it more confusing. I'm trying to get shit as simple as possible myself..
    Good luck man.. I'll be following

17. Hey sextutor,

Can you clarify what it is you're using? Is the Epsom you refer to, common Epsom Salts? And the Garden Lime, is that hydrated, dolomite, or calcitic? Each will make a difference in how rapidly the PH will shift or how soon the cal/mag will be available.

I didn't read where you mentioned what the PH of your runoff was, only the ppm. Do you know what the PH is?

Remember, slow and easy. Your girlz won't appreciate rapid changes in their environment.

As to the roots coming out the bottom of the Smart pots, that is because they are finding a water source on the outside of the pots. Unless you are flushing your plants and need to catch the water, and immediately after you do catch all the water, you should raise the pots up on something to allow air to circulate under the pot and let them dry out. That will stop the roots from exploring for more water.

18. They look great bro.

19. Anyone want the UPDATES?

20. I do. I'm not subbed to your journal cuz I like looking at your avatar cuz ;) :wave:

Update ON