Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

At what age will you let your kids start smoking weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Dexter12, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'd say at age 18. My family has a history of mental illness so they would be prone to schizophrenia if they abuse it at a young age all the way to adulthood. I started at 15, wish I didn't start till I was 18.

2. x2 for 18, i started at 16 though.

3. The same age I started because I don't want to be a hypocrite, 16.

4. Any educated person will say 18, Marijuana does NOT cause mental illness, but it does mess with the receptors in your brain, so to do that to a 'still' developing brain would be silly.

5. 15 if responsible enough. 18 if they're not

6. Im going to have to say the same age i started.. Providing my kid is doing well in school, and isn't a total burnout.

7. probably 18

8. Senior year of High School I will also let them do unmentionables, the ones that makes things look funny and trippy.

9. Guys, just a heads up, don't say marijuana isn't linked to mental illness. Your not a scientist. I've read books on this, and marijuana when used long term and started from a young age can indeed cause pyschosis (IF THEY ARE PRONE)

10. I believe that things come into your life when you need them most, so I'm going to let my kids, if I have any, smoke whenever they discover it and believe themselves to be ready for it. However if they start fucking up their lives I'm going to crack down on em.

11. 6 months after they start driving.
    I wouldnt want to be responsible for my kid having crashed their car just because I allowed them to smoke weed before they learned how to do so.

12. "as soon as they can use a lighter" .. no but seriously 16, provided they're responsible

13. If your family has a history of mental illness, it's best not to let them start smoking at a young age. It can lead to schizophrenia or others. But again, that's if the family has that sort of history.

I'd say my kid can start at 16, at the very least. But preferably 18.

14. I don't think there's a specific age where it's suddenly ok to start smoking. I think it has more to do with the maturity level of the child.

There's 18 year old kids out there that aren't mature enough for it..

15. How about 6-12 months before? ;)
    that way at least by that time, hopefully, they can handle themselves :smoking:

I think it totally depends on the maturity level of the individual. But if I had to give a number I'd probably say 16.

16. My friend actually showed me a 20-year study that just came out that said that marijuana use doesn't lead to schizophrenia. I'm not a scientist though, and I believe that it affects people differently. But as for the OP's question, probably 16-18, depending on what they're doing with their lives

17. well im not just going to be like okay! feel free to smoke now since i started at this age

i'll probably wait until i see him/her doing the kids of things i used to do while high...and just trip them the fuck out and then one day once i know for sure they are blazing ill hotbox there room and then when they walk in it will be the coolest moment in the world for them. LOL

although i don't think anyone would want to have a kid with me X D so i can't really give a real honest opinion

as for the whole schizo thing... you know it can developed during 18-21 right? LOL! haha but weed does not cause this all it can do is worsen the effects

18. you should make a poll

19. That's such a bad idea... I'd rather just wait for my kid to discover it on his own, then approach him when he's doing it ... and light up with him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.