Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do I decarb old dry weed?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Klauck, Jan 19, 2012.

1. I was gonna make oil tm with some old dry weed that i bought. or atleast it looks old. I was gonna decarb for 10 minutes should i still do it?
    Thanks

2. 10 minutes wont harm it, i say go for it. It takes a really long time before bud completely decarbs naturaly

3. Decarb dry material at the regular 245-250F for 30 mins I'd say. IF it was not old, possibly still damp, you would do a prebake at 170f peaked up to 200f for 15 minutes with the cannabis uncovered to let moisture escape.

4. Thanks for the tips guys. Its just my first time decarbing and i am sick of wasting weed trying to cook edibles.

5. This is your first time decarbing? This will be the last time you waste weed trying to cook edibles if you follow the technique in my sig

6. can someone delete this please

7. Just want to add, I would not go as high as even 240. Decarbing should be more around 200-210f.

8. yeah thanks for the tip. I would NEVER go that high. From everything i read i was planning on 210 for about 10 mins.

9. Sry to bump do i bust the weed then decarb it or leave it as nugs and throw them in the oven. Thanks