Things that annoy you in movies?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Luvs2splooj, Jan 19, 2012.

1. When people get haunted in a house and dont leave immediately

2. Yeah who wants to live in a haunted house?

I hate bad graphics/scenes that are obviously fake.

3. For me it's continuity errors. I know that's an industry term, but I used to work in the industry, in post-production.

A continuity error is an inconsistency. An earlier post mentioned an example, like when someone walks into a room no longer carrying something they were a moment before. Another is something about their outfit keeps changing from one shot to another so you can tell they're using footage from different shooting schedules, etc. These things drive me bonkers because there are ways for costume and props to prevent these things from happening. All they have to do is take notes and pictures of each character if the shoot is going to carry over to another day. It amounts to them doing their jobs right (if they don't, chances are, no one will catch it until post when the editor doesn't have matching shots and shooting's already over). Get it wrong and the effect is jarring or even comical to an observant audience.

Maybe I'm too much of a perfectionist, but I really get into movies sometimes and continuity errors ruin it for me. They're those little annoyances that bring me back to reality and say, "ha ha, it's just a movie."

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ridiculously strong katanas.

5. when people in the movie whisper or talk quietly so you have to turn it up and then it gets loud as hell outta nowhere

• Like Like x 1
  6. When a scene is pouring with rain followed by a talking scene with not a single drop of rain in sight. Actors going from drenched to just went for a light jog sweat.

• Like Like x 1
  7. when actors whisper and it sounds breath-y. God its like say the line or don't say it at all

• Like Like x 1
  8. When you get to the climax and end of a movie and you realize you can't remember anything that stands out and are still waiting for something cool to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Poorly conceived or dubious jump-scares in horror movies.

Infinite ammo magazines in action movies are pretty lame to me.

10. Number one pet peeve is when you never see them reload their guns... Bugs the fuck out of me. Especially if it's a revolver and you clearly see them take more than six shots. Hate that shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  11. 2 people who get into a stand off with guns and dont shoot the other person immediately when they start talking.