What unsolved mystery / unexplained phenomenon captures your interest the most?

Discussion in 'General' started by jacktown, Jan 18, 2012.

1. According to one extra biblical book, Solomon received a device which gave him power over demons, and he used them to build his temple.

I can't remember the name of the book, or the name of the device (Solomon's Key?).

I don't think it was written by Solomon though, nor was it even written in his own time.

And having the knowledge of the Mayans as well would be amazing.

I'd like to know the truth about Atlantis.

2. Yeah man, that entire incident gives me chills. Check out the vids I posted in my followup post. I really want to know what happened to these people.

3. puma punku

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ndvGrqscuY]Ancient Aliens of Puma Punku - YouTube[/ame]

4. ^ I remember that episode. Very interesting.

5. The appeal of "reality" TV shows...can't figure that one out.

6. BTW id you guys want to hear some of the Number Stations stuff, they hava clip of it here:

Number Stations - YouTube

Eerie!

7. #27 Mikeandsuch, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2012
    Sasquatch. Me and my dad while out hunting ran into one once, 5 years ago. I've also had an experience where i had rocks thrown at me while out camping at a lake at 4 in the morning and saw something run when i stood up. But i had smoked a lot of weed that night. The first incounter i am 100% sure of thought, and so is my dad. We both have hunted most of our lives and know the difference between what we saw and a bear. This is what happened:
    Me and my dad were out hunting near Harrison Lake, BC. This area is well know for Sasquatch sightings. We were about 50km's into the bush, on a very overgrown road that went from the lake up into the mountains. The road came out into a big clear cut, my dad stopped the truck, thinking he saw 2 black things on the road 600 yards away. He looked through the binoculars for about a minute saying how weird it was that the "stumps" he thought he were looking at seemed to be right in the middle of the road. We drove another 300 yards coming to a fork in the road. I decided I would get out and walk down the road that my dad saw the stumps on. I grabbed my .308 and started walking down the road. As i walked i heard the odd branch break in the bushline further up the road. I came up to the spot where my dad had seen the stumps to find nothing except some 13" bare foot tracks, Extremely fresh. We came back 2 days later and took plaster casts of the tracks, but the rain had done a lot of damage.
    A family friend also saw one very close, He was swimming in a small river, looked up and saw a sasquatch standing in the bushline 75 yards away, looking at him.

8. I'm personally interested in the possibility of the survival of Carcharodon megalodon, which was a relative of the great white shark the size of a city bus that used to feed on whales. Some say it died out around 3 million years ago, and some say it was as recent as 10,000, though that number has since been proven unlikely.

Anyway, some people theorize that these things are still out there, living in the deepest parts of the ocean where people don't go. And before you talk about crushing depths and icy temperatures, modern great whites have been proven to go much deeper than had been previously believed.

The popular "Meg" series of books by Steve Alten (which I don't really like but can't stop reading) revolves around some of these theories.

But I was thinking, when it comes to cryptozoological creatures like Bigfoot, or the Loch Ness Monster, or the megalodons, what if in many cases people are really seeing them, but not as living breathing animals, but as ghosts of animals that used to exist?

Just a little food for thought. :)

9. fucking tits i just typed so much and it went to server error.
    god damnit only remember half of what i was going to say...something about the second video..

but basically the dyatlov pass is nuts. in the third "trance" video he says the tongue missing was from a fall and bite? i was under the impression that the whole tongue was missing like it got ripped out not just some of it?

10. Dyatlov pass incident
    Here

11. I'd have to say life. It's the most fascinating thing ever

12. I missed that part I guess, but the mistake doesn't at all mask my intension, which was to relay my fascination that DMT is found in the body at all

13. That shark sounds pretty scary. Hehe. Honestly I doubt we know what is down in the very deepest parts of the ocean. Still lots of new creatures to discover. Seems like a huge fucking squid body washes up on the shore from time to time.

14. Yeah, I was given that impression as well. I have a few issues with that psychic trance stuff. First off, by believing in the supernatural, who knows what entities or powers could be giving him false readings. The woman is trying to help him locate Dylatov pass in his mind. "We have this particular location here." He says in 1:27 - 1:30 of the third video. Who the fuck is "we"?

Secondly, I don't understand how someone falling would stick out their tongue. I can possibly see them biting off a piece of their tongue in a fall, but then that would have been the report. But the report said the tongue was MISSING, not a piece of it gone. So that explanation just doesn't make sense to me.

Thirdly, the guy said that the man who got the grid pattern burnt into his chest (pic on 4:33 of third video) moved into the path of the exhaust of one of the ships. If that was the case, wouldn't he have more of a skid like marking, indicating his direction of movement? He had to have been standing, and either the ships deliberately hit him with it, or he coincidentally was standing where the exhaust was going to expel its radiation and/or heat. If the latter is true, then their ships are not designed to have a constant exhaust like a car. If the former is true, then they are malicious. I think both could also be true.

Another part of this incident which intrigues me is that there was an old Mansi legend in the same are of 9 people dying, and also in 1991 9 people died in that area in a plane crash. (pic at 2:00 in third video) And if you prescribe to numerology, you would not simply write that off as coincidence either. I believe that supernatural things occur in specific numbers. Even in the natural world we can see numerical/mathematical equations for just about everything.

15. It's a good ass theory though. The fact that DMT's structure is extremely similar to Melatonin and Serotonin, and that those BOTH play extremely important roles in our body (Melatonin is how our biological clock (circadian clock) works, and helps us with sleep, and Serotonin helps stabilize our mood.) I wouldn't see why DMT wouldn't be in our brain, because it would make perfect sense for DMT to be released in sleep (Melatonin) and contribute to how we feel after (Serotonin).

Whatever, it's still a theory.

16. I've spent over an hour in this thread reading and watching everything posted - fascinating stuff.

thanks for posting this dude, I'd never heard of it before. The thing that stood out to me in the first video was the writing scrawled on a piece of paper "from now on we know, that snowmen exist." Chilling!

17. I'm glad you enjoyed the posts. And yeah, that's another thing I forgot to point out. When I saw that part I got some serious goosebumps. If I find any more articles or documentaries that are interesting, or may shed light upon this subject I'll be sure to come back and post.

Right now, I'm going to investigate OP's post on those radio numbers. It intrigues me, and I have several (probably crazy) thoughts as to what they are for.

18. The Bloop

Bloop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Bloop is the name given to an ultra-low frequency and extremely powerful underwater sound detected by the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) in 1997. The source of the sound remains unknown.

The wiki page has a audio sample you can hear. Sounds.... not natural, but no one really knows what made the noise, or if it will happen again.

19. Not 100% on this, but I had read or heard somewhere that Atlantis is just an idea. Essentially just a metaphor used by Plato in only a small portion of his writings to demonstrate some other idea. I think I read that mankind just kind of got caught up in the notion of an actual tangible hidden city when that isn't what was intended at all.