Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis tea?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Silemanx, Jan 18, 2012.

1. SO: I have this really sore throat right now, and I know it's only going to get worse. I just learned of a really simple cannabis tea recipe which uses only one gram. So my question is, is cannabis tea "light"? I don't want to get off my head from drinking it, I just want my throat to feel better. Basically, how funny will this tea make me feel? And would drinking this tea even help my throat? (I'm always trying to use weed as a remedy). Thanks in advance!

(and i realize this is kinda the wrong thread, but it's also the right thread because I know nothing about what I'm asking, right?! Don't yell at me. D:)

2. Before using that recipe I would get opinions on it in the edible forum, because a lot of people seem to be misinformed on how cannabis edibles are made, and tea is one thing I seem to see a lot of people not getting any sort of satisfaction from.

Basically, unless your recipe involves decarbing the cannabis (see edible forum for explanations) and cooking it in butter or oil, you might as well just make yourself a nice cup of peppermint tea because that is all the effect you will get.

Know your stuff before you make edibles so you don't end up wasting your valuable bud. People on the edible forum will be happy to help. :wave:

3. I posted this same thing on the Edibles forum and no ones even looked at it yet, so I thought I'd give it a try here too, just to get more insight.

4. #4 SativaShark, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2012
    I see. Well, I used to think that cannabis tea would be easy, but now to me it sounds like it would be a really gross edible, unless you are fond of exotic tea types like that butter tea they have up in the Himalayan regions.

THC is not water soluble. I think that is the most important thing I learned on this forum. Generally you can't just plop raw cannabis into some random food and expect to get high.

If I were you and really wanted a quick edible I would go for firecrackers. I've made them
    myself and they do work. I just used one of the recipes they have stickied over there.

It probably would help the pain of your throat, but you most likely would get really, really high off a firecracker, especially if you're new to edibles.

5. Yeah getting really really high is what I'm afraid of. I'm not against getting really really high, I just don't feel like being all over the place right now, lol.

6. From what I've read and experienced, a one gram edible will send you to the moon, especially if you don't have them on a regular basis. Maybe try first with a smaller amount? Maybe half a gram or less? And remember that edibles take a while to kick in, so you could always enjoy a cup of other tea with your firecracker, kind of like tea and a cookie.

[Edit] If you do try and get high out of your mind, you have to come back here and tell us how you feel, or if you even remember having a sore throat. :laughing:

7. well i just drank a glass and now all i have is a slight mental buzz, kind of tired, a tiny head ache is forming (but I always get head aches) and now i had the urge to pick up my guitar and relearn sheet music. ah, my throat still kinda hurts. I should have upped the dose! I was being a little shy with my weed. I could make this tea every day though, it gave me a positive lift at least.

8. I'd be interested in your recipe, sounds promising after all.

9. In my experience cannabis tea has no effect.

10. I watched the video and the uplifted mood you had was a placebo. Her tea would actually get her high because she used cannabutter. However, a teaspoon of regular butter and a gram of bud won't get you high. Also you have to let it sit for an hour or so if you're using just butter.

11. I came back from a 5 month t break with a .25 gram firecracker and was off of my ass for the longest time. I would make a .5 gram at the most before you throw a gram into a firecracker...especially if you have never had one. And for the OP, I would just make regular tea and add some honey to it. That and lots of water do wonders for the throat and if you are inexperienced in the art that is cooking with weed than I would stay away from things like tea as you have to extract the THC through oils and such for tea. It is a long process that would seem a waste of time when you can just smoke and drink normal tea. Hope you feel better!

12. Nah dude don't do the honey thing. The bacteria in your throat will feed off the sugar. Also don't use too hot of a tea to 'burn the shit out of your throat'

Upper respiratory infection blahblah

I used to get strep and was sick of antibiotics since i think they made me lactose intolerant. [whole other topic]
    This works. Trust me. It sounds crazy but if you think about acidity, should make sense.

take a cup of water. can be warm, cold, or room temperature whatever your preference.
    take a tea spoon, put apple cider vinegar in it then put it in the cup. mix and drink
    Don't use more since it'll make your throat worse cause it'll burn too much.

Hopefully you can get back to smoking soon, cheers.

13. Your not a doctor, you can't dose yourself with edibles. A gram may destroy you, where 0.5g may destroy you too.

14. Wait are you making it out of stems or straight up weed?

15. I made it from weed.
    But I think I messed up.
    I felt like 1% different.