Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

inhaling gas from lighter?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by chesty, Jan 16, 2012.

1. I just smoked two bowls (apple pipe, all natural, no aluminmum) with a big lighter and each bowl made me cough (obviously) but also burnt my throat. I corner the lighter to the weed and inhale/suck-in until my lungs fill.. hold for 6-8 seconds and then exhale.

Am I inhaling ashes or am I inhaling the gass from the lighter?

2. #2 hellobob09, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
    Actually, this is a valid question that I haven't seen surface on these forums for a good while.
    The stupid threads are the, "Why do people hate resin?" or "Mom found my stash"

Waste of my time..

OP: Without knowing what kind of bud you are smoking down to the smallest details, it's hard for me to say.

When you hit a bowl with a butane lighter (BIC), you do inhale trace amounts of butane, but not enough to cause significant harm to you (at least in the short term).

That's why you see hardcore stoners using hemp line with bees wax or a ceramic heating element to light their bowls.

Personally, I stick with the lighter for the most part, venturing into hemp line occasionally.

It's just not convenient to carry around a roll of waxy hemp wire..:smoke:

My guess: you either hit some ash or you vaporized some sugar and water from the apple, which would be one hell of a harsh hit.

3. I've actually wondered the same question myself...

4. cut a piece of string from spool>tightly wrap around lighter>loop at the end so it doesn't unravel