Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Eating weed as anxiety remedy

• Please log in to reply

WeedRat

WeedRat

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I am a weed newbie. Hear me out.

Is weed good for anxiety, OCD, and PTSD symptoms?

Is it so good that I will get addicted? I just want something like Prozac but a bit more natural, so weed seemed like a better option. But, I don't want to like it so much that I get addicted.

How much should weed cost? I heard it's like $20 for an ounce.

I don't plan on smoking weed, I plan on integrating it orally by making weed butter.

What kind of weed should I get? Indica or Sativa?

Should I get medically licensed for weed in California?

DabLab

DabLab

Turbo Lab

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Wow, lol
I'd say start small before you go with edibles..
$20 for a O? I wish lol
Sativa and Indica both serve different purposes
I really suggest you do more research, no one wants to spoon feed..

BLAZE JDM

BLAZE JDM

• Registered Upgraded
  • 244 posts
Edibles made me have my first green out. You don't sound like you would have much of a tolerence, so if I were you I'd start out by using small quantities in a pipe or vape and see how it effects you

WeedRat

WeedRat

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Why do I have to smoke it before I go for edibles? It's not like I'll eat my weed butter all at once.

BadKittySmiles

BadKittySmiles

Compassion Support BadKatsCannaPharm.com

• Bronze Member
  • 6,586 posts

Edited by BadKittySmiles, 15 January 2012 - 08:42 PM.

Skunkariffic

Skunkariffic

Ganja Monster

• Registered Upgraded
  • 425 posts

Why do I have to smoke it before I go for edibles? It's not like I'll eat my weed butter all at once.

Because 'newbies' like you will eat a brownie, then say "oh shit it didnt work" then eat 2 more and end up calling the cops because you think you're dying.

Elijames21

Elijames21

King Klick

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,611 posts
Edibles give me anxitety...i would vape it if i were you

DabLab

DabLab

Turbo Lab

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Because 'newbies' like you will eat a brownie, then say "oh shit it didnt work" then eat 2 more and end up calling the cops because you think you're dying.

Exactly

gangeefried718

gangeefried718

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,338 posts
Cannabis can either make your anxiety better or worse
Since you've never consumed cannabis before
its not a bad idea to try smoking some prior to eating IMO

An edible can be many times more potent
and last many times longer than smoking
not a good combination if you're having a bad time

WeedRat

WeedRat

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Okay, I can try smoking it. But the effect of the same weed is different depending on whether I smoke it or eat it. So isn't it possible that smoking something will get me anxious while diluting it in food will give me the effect I want? As a friend told me, "it's a different kind of high".

I haven't smoked weed myself, but I've second hand smoked it from friends who did weed, and it acted like prozac for me so I know that there IS a weed out there that is right for me (even tho i have no idea how it would act if taken orally). I have no idea what sort of weed it was, I think it was a hybrid. As I said, I am clueless.

gangeefried718

gangeefried718

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,338 posts
You really aren't diluting it when you put it in food
In many cases the potency is greater in an edible ;)

A half gram of weed in an edible
will keep you far higher for far longer
than the same half gram smoked

WeedRat

WeedRat

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
of course it's diluted.
a tiny amount of weed and a lot of butter is no more potent than smoking a regular amount. diluting the weed with a lot of solvent will cancel the potency that it would've had otherwise because the TLC will be spread out throughout the solvent. i already know that eating gram of weed will be much more potent than a gram smoked.

if i smoked it and felt relaxed, wouldn't it be possible to get anxious using it (in a tinier amount) as food? Because eating and smoking provides a "different high".
so as smoke, it's like a depressant
but as food, it might act as a stimulant

gangeefried718

gangeefried718

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,338 posts

if i smoked it and felt relaxed, wouldn't it be possible to get anxious using it (in a tinier amount) as food? Because eating and smoking provides a "different high".

It really doesn't work like that.

Set and setting have as much (if not more) to do with the effect as how it was ingested. Sometimes you get a mellow high from smoking, sometimes you get an anxious high from smoking the same herb.

Oedipuss

Oedipuss

Amat victoria curam

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

of course it's diluted.
a tiny amount of weed and a lot of butter is no more potent than smoking a regular amount. diluting the weed with a lot of solvent will cancel the potency that it would've had otherwise because the TLC will be spread out throughout the solvent. i already know that eating gram of weed will be much more potent than a gram smoked.

Why ask for help if you already know all the answers?

stonerforumname

stonerforumname

• Registered Upgraded
  • 455 posts

of course it's diluted.

if you live in california, take a day and get your medical card. do your research and find a good dispensary and pick up a solid indica, if you really need help choosing the bud tender should be able to assist you. an indica should most definitely help cure your anxiety. if you feel that cannabis is the medicine is right for you then go ahead and try picking up an edible next time and eating about a half dose since your tolerance is so low.

WeedRat

WeedRat

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

It really doesn't work like that.

Set and setting have as much (if not more) to do with the effect as how it was ingested. Sometimes you get a mellow high from smoking, sometimes you get an anxious high from smoking the same herb.

i see

if you live in california, take a day and get your medical card. do your research and find a good dispensary and pick up a solid indica, if you really need help choosing the bud tender should be able to assist you. an indica should most definitely help cure your anxiety. if you feel that cannabis is the medicine is right for you then go ahead and try picking up an edible next time and eating about a half dose since your tolerance is so low.

thnx

Vediann

Vediann

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
i dont know how much of a selection you have in what weed you can get, but a high CBD low THC would give you a more relaxed feeling. Sometimes people develop anxiety from weed with too much thc. one can also extract the thc using a vape into a bag then blow the bag out. next time they vape it will just be the CBD left in the weed that will effect you. this is because thc vaporizes at 166c and CBD vaporizes at 190c.
read more about it here:
https://www.greenpas...nt-cbd-not-thc/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users