hermie? what to do with them

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by hockeyproyo, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Day 96. 46

Hermie!!?? I think I just got hermied on!! Owe noo! What do y'all think? I noticed this morning that all three of the plants have pod looking things below the buds. I pinched one off and looked inside and it looked like a tiny white seed. (Super stinky and sticky). There is usually a pair of them. I flushed the plants last night, didn't notice them then. A week ago a box/light trap thing that covers the fan fell a bit, allowing some light to go into the top for a couple hours. That may have hermied them.

Are they he
    What should I do with them? Chop them now before seeds develop? Cut the lights off and chop them in three days? Let them grow through, cutting them at early amber?

Thoughts? Maybe there not hermie. Do female plants hold nonfertilized seeds? tiny shells waiting to be pollunated.

Please see my thread. Pics will not load again

2. cutting the lights off 3 days before chopping is equivelant to pouring nutes straight out of the bottle & into the soil to feed your plant. it dont make sense. sorry, just had to get that out of the way first and foremost :smoke: .

if your plant hermied, it can be from many different causes. if the hermie has active pollen sacs, ones that pop and pollenate other plants, than those seeds wont be the highest quality. if a plant self-pollenates itself, than ive heard its like a 25/75 chance of good seeds to bad seeds. lots of people say that his how seed companies make feminized seeds. well, i get all my strains by clone :p :D

day 96 46????? you mean 96 total days of life, and 46 of flowering, right? ill just assume thats what you mean. unless you have plants waiting to get put in the flowering room, ready to go, i wouldnt cut down. day 46, the bud will be pretty low quality. you have the seeds now, there not going anywhere ya know? ide just let them amber up...even though they're hermied, it doesnt mean they cannot produce good smoke!!

-OSUB