sea of green growing

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Dread Petie, Jan 14, 2012.

1. What strains are great for sea of green grows? And how many plants can you grow in a sea of green with a 600 watt mh/hps light? I have a huge walk in closet I'm thinking 24 plants

2. Organic soil growing

3. #3 CrackLemonade, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012
    In a sea of green you want about 4 plants per square foot. You flower them when 6 inches tall or even 4 inches. You want one big cola per plant.

You can do 2-6 plants per square foot. A 600 watt hps covers about 5x5 area so thats 25square feet. 25 x 4 = 100 clones! You could get away with 75 clones with a little longer veg time. Maybe just do a 4x4 so that 16 square ft, with only 64 clones @ 4 clones per square foot.

That is why I don't do SOG because its dependent on a good supply of clones.
    White widow is great for SOG

Also I thing organic soil growing produces the most flavorful and pungent smelling herb, but its a pain for some people to deal with soil.

4. Thanks CrackLemonade for the input it was very helpful. Just one more question, what would be the yield per plant?

5. I'm looking for an once per plant. Is that asking too much?

6. Yeah Maybe like a 1/4 - 1/2 oz per.

7. I'm a newbie so excuse me if I'm picking your brain. But wondering your take on perpetual growing? And is it possible to get a lb. Every 60 days with just one 600 watt light?

8. My medical bible says you can do it with two 600's. You should get a .5 - 1 gram per watt dry weight.

9. Hey man if the bible says so...lol...I have done a sea of green with 2800 watts for over 20 years now, 98 plants 60 day cut to harvest in rockwell, hyrdo..and i got 3.5 to 4 pounds all the time..so that is like 1/4 to 3/4 of a oz per plant..