Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Grow Tent Low Humidity Indoors - Suggestions?

• Please log in to reply

RiffsandSpliffs

RiffsandSpliffs

Seasoned Veteran

• Registered Upgraded
  • 117 posts
Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to inquire!

My problem is humidity. I am consistently running around 30% in the vegetative stage, which is about 35% below where I want to be. I can see signs of humidity stress on the leaves. I even bought a nice humidifier today that runs for 24 hours and it managed to raise the humidity levels in my 4x4x7 tent by 1 percentile.

I have a 4 x 4 x 7ft grow tent indoors. All the air vent have been duct-taped off for an air-tighter seal. I run a Sunblaze T5 4'x8 lamp fluorescent fixture in vegetative, and a 600w HPS (6" air-cooled SunSystems Blazer reflector) during flower.

Currently, temperature is not an issue. I pull in cold winter air for my intake. My intake fan runs at 160cfm. It might run a bit slower, because it's a duct booster fan that I have put a small screen on the intake side to keep dust and bugs out. It runs for 24 hours.

My exhaust fan is a 190cfm inline model with a 4"x12" carbon filter attached to it. I'm assuming it doesn't really pull out 190cfm. The fan is manufactured by MTN Gearsmith. It runs for 24 hours.

What gives? Is there a timer that I can hook up both my intake and exhaust to, that will turn them on for 1 minute, every 5 minutes? Is that even the cause of the low humidity? Or are there other factors I'm not considering. :confused:

tothehead

tothehead

This Pain Is An Illusion

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,226 posts
humidity stress on the leaves?

my entire setup, veg & flower, pretty much run 35-40% humidity constantly. i personally dont have problems.

do you have some pictures of your plants?

jPinkham

jPinkham

• Registered Upgraded
  • 695 posts
I thought around 40% humidity was good? My room varies from 48-55 and I try to lower it

RiffsandSpliffs

RiffsandSpliffs

Seasoned Veteran

• Registered Upgraded
  • 117 posts
I'm pretty sure the standard is 60-70% RH in vegetative and 40-60% during flower.

jPinkham

jPinkham

• Registered Upgraded
  • 695 posts
Ohh ok thank you I wasn't positive

indic4

indic4

.:InTheLayerCake:.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 458 posts

I'm pretty sure the standard is 60-70% RH in vegetative and 40-60% during flower.

Wow, that is begging for mold issues. Keep it under 50% for all stages especially flower. You could creep into 60% tops in veg but 70% is nutty.

RiffsandSpliffs

RiffsandSpliffs

Seasoned Veteran

• Registered Upgraded
  • 117 posts
Okay, so I'm guessing below 40% is the norm for indoor growers, and I'm comfortable with knowing that.

wittakush

wittakush

wittakush

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
My humidity is about 64 when lights turn on and about 2 hrs into the lights being on it levels out at about 56 to even 58 sometimes. It's not a problem.

Doc-J

Doc-J

Dont mind me, Im fucked up on cornbread

• Registered Upgraded
  • 5,642 posts
The reason your humidity is so low is because your pulling in cool intake air from outside. Cold air doesnt have the ability to hold moisture, so you get the lower rh. Humidifiers cant compensate as well in low temps either.

DTM420

DTM420

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,682 posts
veg 40-60 rh. flower 35-50

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users