Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So I think my dad smokes...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BuzzerBeater911, Jan 14, 2012.

1. So for about a couple years now I've been noticing my dad smells. I recently started smoking about 6 months ago, and the first time I smoked, I knew it smelled just like my dad. Ever since then I've known he smokes. I once found a tiny clipping of weed on my bathroom counter, about the size of the tip of a dull pencil.

I've never actually seen my dad smoking or anything, but he has a friend over quite often who I am 100% sure smokes weed. They go out in the garage all the time.

A few months ago I got caught by my parents, my dad didn't seem to care all that much, but it's not like he encouraged it or anything.

I'm curious as to what you guys think I should do. Should I confront him about it? My dad is the type of guy that would probably get angry at me if I did, but I really don't know what will happen.

2. if you feel the moments right then yeah confront him i would just make sure that your mum is not there. Or maybe talk to your dads friend about it ?

3. roll up a joint and go leave it on in your dads room, then wait in his closet and wait for him to come in, if he takes it then bust him and smoke it with him

4. I really don't know my dad's friend well enough to ask. By the way, my dad is 58 years old, and he's more of the serious type. He is slightly angry/bitter quite often. If I were to confront him about it, how do you think I should do it? Maybe I should go for a more subtle approach?

5. Honestly, why do you care that your dad smokes weed? He obviously doesn't want you to know right now, he might come up to YOU when you are older and talk to you about it. If he has a temper, he might get upset that you know.

If you really want to talk to your dad, ask him his opinion on marijuana. Ease into the conversation, don't just say "HAI DAD WANNA SMOKE HAHA". At a point where you are both comfortable with talking about the subject, bring up your suspicions about his use of the herb. If he denies it, leave it at that, but if he admits to it, then definitely ask him if he wants to smoke with you.

6. sounds exactly like my dad except my dads sooo anti weed. sounds tricky dude but he is your dad so im sure he hopefully wont get angry if you approach him and say you need to talk, maybe have a talk with him before you have class or when ur about to leave for something else that way you have an excuse to get away if things turn bad

7. That's actually a pretty good idea. I think I might ask him before I leave somewhere. If I do it sometime soon, I'll be sure to post what happens.

8. alrite tell us how it goes i always do that when i have to tell my parents something that might lead to trouble have saved soooo many hours of arguing

9. [quote name='"BuzzerBeater911"']

Haha, I saw that post, don't worry I'm not Andrew.[/quote]

Are you sure? Lol :)

10. Just sit down and tell your father how you feel Andrew, I'm sure he'll understand.

11. same thing happened to me, always smelled weird smells when i was young when i was around him on certain times. and then i blazed and realized what the smell really was lol

also now we have smoked together, i get him bud when he can't and he is cool with me blazing. told me lots of stories about his dad and his friends with pounds on pounds but if i told them the mods would probably delete...

12. If you confront him about it don't act like it's something he's doing wrong, make it something you guys could enjoy together.

13. Your dad sounds like mine even the same age he was kind of a hard ass and we were never really that close except in my situation after he found out I smoked we were going to a Ranger game and he was like "so were going to smoke before the game" like it was implied and he told me to go to my room and get some weed and me and him blazed three joints in the snow in central park before the game. It was a blast there was so much snow and we got high in a blizzard and walked from the park entrance at 79th and 5th to Madison Square Garden and because of the snow all the food was 40% off so we feasted and ever since then my dad has been my best friend and we smoke together all the time. I say go for it just one time when your mom isn't around go talk to him and just be blatantly high and then one thing will lead to another.

14. That sounds amazing. Honestly I've never been really close to my dad either. Whenever I go out, he always says "You gonna be getting in trouble?", or "Are their parents home?" etc. (I got caught a few months back). I'm sure he smokes but idk if he's ok with me smoking.

15. When My dad asks if im going to be getting in trouble I just say Im going to smoke a lot of meth and crack then call some strippers over