Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What's so bad about smoking resin?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Fat Hits, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Well I smoked resin that wasn't burnt... yes i have. When you grind your buddha in a grinder, over time all this resin saves up. After a while you just take all the resin out and sprinkle it on your bowl or whatever and get super blitsed :cool:
    I have not smoked resin from "clips" and such.

2. Seriously?

Some stoners man, you guys get way too scientific over nothing hahaha

3. dude i just smoked some pipe resin, works so well

4. Makes me super sleepy

5. I have a large metal pipe that collects resin really well, it gets enough to get me moderatly high after only one bowl! But i don't burn resin, i vape it. I attach my bowl to a long metal pipe then heat up the outside with a propane torch. It vaporizes the resin without any nasty ash going in your lungs and it doesn't taste bad at all.

Attached Files:

6. good idea man, jus' letting the trapped thc out of the tar

7. #207 purp789, May 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2013
    OP:

"resin" is NOTHING like hash.

Traditional hash is basically pressed Kief - higher quality ones will use less plant matter (using only trichome heads and discarding their stalks). Solvent-extracted hash is made from trim or bud.

While some hashes are made with heat, none of these processes involve actually COMBUSTING the plant matter.

When the plant matter is combusted (when smoking a fresh bowl), the combustion causes chemical reactions in the plant matter, which remain in the residue known to us potheads as "resin" - it's not a product like hash, it's a byproduct of combustion. In my opinion, resin contains more harmful chemicals than the fresh bud itself, because a great many of known carcinogens are simply byproducts of combusting organic matter.

Hash can be anywhere from 30%-90% cannabinoids, whereas "resin" is not even close to real bud. The high is dirty as well.

Quality hash is also very very pleasurable to smoke and not harsh at all. It does not taste disgusting and vomit-inducing like "resin"

8. #208 purp789, May 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2013
    Also,

I just don't get why people can't wait a few days to re up. Although I'm an MMJ patient, I'm not financially secure, so there are days where I have to be without.

And I just deal with it. Never do I get the urge to scrape and smoke resin. Cannabis does not make me fiend, nor does it leave me with physical withdrawal symptoms.

The worst thing about going without is just thinking about how nice it would be to have some dank.

But scraping resin is not something that should be encouraged. It's not necessary for Cannabis as it is not physically addicting!

Here's an experience I had: I did spice and k2 a few years back and was heavily addicted, needed to smoke it in the middle of the night to stay asleep. And with that evil crap spice and k2, YES, I was compelled to scrape resin and re-smoke it. Because it was PHYSICALLY ADDICTIVE (believe it or not, many synthetic cannabinoids are indeed physically addictive, look up the hundreds of stories).

On the other hand, I love MJ because I know that she will never hurt me if I ever run dry. Zero withdrawal, with small cravings, but not enough to make me scrape that vomit-inducing stuff we call "resin".

9. Exactly !!!!

10. resin is really foul in smell and taste

11. #211 Daniel Plainview, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2013
    I was thinking, why would smoking resin be so much more harmful than smoking bud?

I mean,  what is resin anyway? Didn't it all came from the bud itself? How can it be so bad for you if the plant isn't?

I think people here just hate the taste (I personally don't find it that bad)

12. #212 Greenbooger, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2015
    Those statements are a bit inaccurate. Bong tar/resin is the same thing you are inhaling every-time you take take a bong hit, over time this creates layered deposit film, all particles of smoke past the water barrier contain thc and other cannabinoid that get you high and there is no difference between that and what goes into your lungs.

Sources:
    Logic and testing
    Resin test using CannLabs THC and cannabinoid profiling across eight other components including CBD and CBN confirmed very high concentration of each compound.
    Test subjects also confirm the above test results http://marijuanamythbusters.com/tag/resin-hit/

13. The high I get off resin makes me sick, there was one time my head was super dizzy and I tried laying down and starting having flash backs of my acid trip, it was terrifying to be tripping like that when I was just trying to get high. Never smoking resin again, I'd rather just buy some bud.

14. My only problem with resin is that it tastes like cheeseburgers.