Mycorrhizal Fungi; Myths and Truths

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Microbeman, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Sounds like Harley-Davidson has stopped slapping logos on cigarette packs and started branding nutes lol.

2. That's it---dey stupid?  And for your third post....what happened to discourse?  (Insert emoticon dying of ennui here)

3. Anyone use Bio Ags VAM Endo Mix , I've been having great results so far , inoculated during transplant and have been seeing excellent results , I've used other products but nothing this good ( AN pirhana and tarntula ) ,

4. Yes! you found the very best vam you can buy. bio-ag invented it.

Twas Ever Thus!

5. Sweet this is quite comforting haha , once I saw the count and noticed the strains that are in it and the ones they left out I decided to get 2 lbs .

6. Most importantly, dont water your plants with chlorine water straight from the tap lol

7. #187 LowWater, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2014
    There's a scientifically questionable yet commonly assumed synergistic group of 4 VAM species of Glomus, often sold together specifically for cultivating cannabis. 2 of the 4 are G. intraradices and G. mossae. I believe that the third is G. aggregatum but am a touch hazy on #3 and am blanking on the fourth, making it rather tough to research the group. My frontal lobes are telling me the fourth starts with an "e" but that is where I brain lock. Any ideas?

8. Any tips on verifying the viability of the fungi you buy?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Microbeman has been hanging out on this website:

www.logicalgardener.org

You may have a better chance of an answer there. Otherwise, his website has an email IIRC..

www.microbeorganics.com

10. For those of you that have no access to pure water and can't afford a chlorine filter you may or may not want to try this but here goes!! 
     Take a 5 gallon water bottle and drill a small hole about 1" from the very bottom. Get some 1/4" drip tubing and cut one about 3"-0" long. Place the tube into the hole that you have drilled and glue it in place. Put a plug in the end of the tubing and go to the nearest canal or river and fill it up. Now you can place this near your plant and pull the plug to give it some non-chlorinated water and keep your organisms healthy.  :yay:  You can use whatever size container you wish. Before I got drip irrigation this is what I did to save water and keep everything healthy :metal: Just be carefull on breaking the hose at it's point of connection :bongin:

11. Another thing you can do is let the water sit with or without an air stone to let chlorine evaporate.

I personally have a family member with a well. I use well water on my soil grows and distilled on my hydro.

12.  That's good info if all your dealing with is" chlorine"! You need to check with your local water treatment plant and make sure they aren't using " Chloramine " It seems that this is a less costly way to treat water and most municipality's have switched to this. It won't evaporate like the chlorine! Otherwise you will be wasting time and money with the application of Mycorrhizae. Do some research and see what you come up with? Microbeman   may have some to add to this but before I bought the mycorrhizae to try it out I read this info on the net. :hide:

13. #193 donothinggardening, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
    You can use Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) or some type of organic matter (ewc, compost, etc) to remove chloramines. Just bubble water and add one of those items (not sure on amounts--google?) to it. The Chloramines will be converted to plain 'ol Chlorine and that will evaporate out.

I think @[member="jerry111165"] posted an article a while back about the effect of chlorinated water on soil, and IIRC, chlorine will only have an antimicrobial effect for the top 1" or so of good soil....

Lemme see if I bookmarked it......

Edit: sure did

http://www.ext.colostate.edu/ptlk/1548.html

14. Pretty dinky article LOL.. I remembered it being more in-depth than that.

15. #195 MrTea, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
    Ya I only ever aerate my bathtub water before watering the gals but maybe 8 hours.

Attached Files:

16. #196 LowWater, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
    I read a couple of papers which both suggested a simple but true symbiotic blend of 4 genus Glomus:  [SIZE=small]<span>Glomus intraradices, Glomus aggregatum, Glomus etunicatum and Glomus mosseae in a concentration totaling 100,000 propagules per pound[/SIZE]</span>.  I wish I could find the darn paper!!  One was a bit older and referenced some giant pumpkins.  I'm sure that helps everyone.

The suggested use was something like 1/2 cup inoculant per cu ft soil for high-Brix whatever.  I remember that 1 of the 2 papers used propagules and spores interchangeably which could have been a software translation deal.

What's the consensus here amongst the peanut gallery here on the recipe?

17. I am currently using this stuff - Xtreme Gardening Mykos. I am trying to find out if it contains endo-mycorrhizae, ecto-mycorrhizae or both types. I cannot find any information on their website. On Amazon the question posted was the following:

Q: How many endomycorrhizae and ectomycorrhizae species are in this?
    A: only 1 strain mycorrhizae, but it is a very vigorous and resilient strain!

That answer is quite useless. Does anyone here know for sure?
    [​IMG]

18. #198 waktoo, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014

Go back to post # 1, and READ it...

19. #199 Julius Caesar, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2014

[​IMG]

20. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1