Your Subway Sandwich

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by Mithrandir, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Buffalo Chicken the past 15 times I've went there LOL. I think I be going every saturday just cuz that shits 5 bucks for a footlong saturday... its pretty damn good when they heat it up right

9 grain honey oat bread, american cheese 

lettuce, tomatoes, spinach, cucumbers, green peppers, black olives

I ask them to toast it a bit longer than normal so that everything melts and is nice and hot when I eat it

2. Not trying to hate but you guys need to hit up a deli....y'all missing out

Sent from my~★☆Continuum Transfunctioner☆★

3. #543 Kroptonik, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2014
    @[member="So_savage420"] Uhhh...this is a subway thread, not a where do you get a good sandwich thread :rolleyes:

4. Ohhhh :( ok

Sent from my~★☆Continuum Transfunctioner☆★

5. 6 inch tuna on Italian herb and cheese bread with American cheese, extra onion extra lettuce tomatoes and pickles....literally the only sandwich I have ever gotten there.

6. I usally get a meatball sub on italian herbs and cheese, with chedder, toasted with parm and tons of hot peppers an thats bout it.
    Or if im at mr.sub ill get a pizza on metitrainen with red onions and hot peppers heated and grilled.

Nom, now im fuckin hungry :(

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. what a difference toasting the sandwich longer makes 

8. Footlong cold cut on italian herbs and cheese. Toasted please.

9. I have two different sandwiches i like to order
    The first is a footlong chicken teriyak and provolone cheese, on jalapeno cheese bread, with lettuce, onions, hots, cucumbers and mayo

The second is a footlong steak and provolone cheese, on jalapeno cheese bread, or Italian herbs and cheese, with lettuce, onions, hots, and mayo.

Both toasted, both so damn good.

10. BBQ pulled pork on whole wheat, extra cheese (regular), spinach, tiny bit of onions, mayo and bbq sauce. heated.

11. I have 2 sandwiches that I just alternate between because they are both bomb. Both are on footlong Italian herbs and cheese (or garlic bread, but have been hit or miss on availability) te first is cold cut classic, American cheese, pickles lettuce yellow mustard. The second is meatball marinara, bacon, provolone, lettuce, pickle, Parmesan and oregano. I tend to get the cold cut more just because the meatball is so fattening. Dosent help that I add bacon, but it's my guilty pleasure! If they have mello yellow in the fountain line up, meatball is a must!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. I don't trust Subway's chicken so whenever I do find myself eating Subway I always end up ordering the BLT or Meatball. I swear that chickens rubbery texture isn't right.

13. BLT sounds good, personally I love their pizza subs, on parmesan oregano bread, toasted, any kind of cheese, lettuce (I know sounds weird for a pizza sub but it's good) green peppers, sometimes onions, pickles, parmesan cheese mayo and southwest sauce its amazing :smoking:

14. Footlong chipotle steak and cheese, on italian herbs and cheese with red onion, lettuce and jalapenos. Topped with southwest sauce for extra win.

Literally my favourite creation.

15. no personal, meatball marinara

16. Turkey and pepper jack on toasted whole wheat, with lettuce, pickles, spinach, cucumbers, mayo, salt/pepper, parmesan cheese. Sometimes I opt for the sweet onion chicken terriyaki as well.

17. Footlong chicken teriyaki on Italian cheese bread. Lettuce tomato cucumber Swiss cheese and pepper

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. Subways has wallpaper with maps of the NYC subway system.   Most people who are from NYC, or have lived here for a time, do not call these types of sandwiches a "sub", which I believe is short for submarine, they call them a "hero", which usually is the NYC term for Italian sandwiches made with this type of bread.  Either word is fine, as long as what's in them is good! 

19. I honestly don't know anybody that actually calls them "subs".

20. #560 garrison68, May 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2014
    I was just reviewing some info through goggle, apparently that term started in New England around the turn of the century, or in the 1920's, as a reference to long sandwiches usually associated with Italian food shops.  Hoagie is another term for the same thing, the word seems to have started in Philadelphia.     Wiki lists "grinder", as well.    

Another interesting note from WIKI:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submarine_sandwich