The Egyptians had electricity.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by DenialTwist, Jan 6, 2012.

1. A few years ago I came across the claim that the Egyptians had electricity. Graham Hancock, the Atlantis Blueprint. Fascinating read.

What validated it for me was simple. How could they see when they drew their hieroglyphics? Easy...torches. No, no traces of soot and so on. Oh....ohhhhhh! Fair point, how could you draw in the dark?

I came across this video earlier and wow... it puts a really strong case foward that the Egyptians had electricity.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWsXD-ObfhM&feature=related]The secrets hidden in the pyramids of Egypt. - YouTube[/ame]

2. Cool stuff... I believe it man...

3. Thanks for the post, gunna watch it later.

Anyone who's done enough research on pyramids knows that they are power plants (not implying they generate energy by a mechanical fashion like we do today).

4. Interesting

5. But its all theories, we don't really know if they had electricity. Maybe they didn't. I like to think they did, but honestly, they probably were stuck on fire.

6. during the time of the ancient Egyptians..... the jews still worshiped fire(BA'AL);):smoke: before "g-d" spoke to Abraham....

7. Yes it's a theory, and it is presented extremely well.

Having seen the video and observed how Tesla even replicated the device it, I am more inclined to go with they probably had electricity rather than probably were stuck on fire. "Stuck on fire" is based on my core belief system, an older civilisation can not be more advanced than us, etc...

The question I had years ago remains today. How did they paint the hieroglyphics inside the pyramid in the dark? They should have used fire, but there are no traces of this on the walls. No soot, no chemicals...nada.

I think the video puts forward a valid theory, backed up with as much science as you can. Then you re-interpret the hyroglyphics with this new knowledge and you end up understanding more of them. I find it easier to accept that they had electricity, with all the further questions it raises rather than accepting they only had fire.

Other 'minor' civilisations used fire, not the Egyptians.

Moses stole the arc of the covenant (Egyptian free energy) causing the Egyptians to chase. Not being able to catch up and retrieve their device their civilisation collapses in 10 years. Makes sense.

8. i dont think the jews worshiping fire had anything to do with how the Egyptians made light to paint inside the pyramids;):smoke:
    is just what came to mind when reading the quoted post....

i suppose i could have given more detail...the point of my post was actually-

my perspective tells me that while the Egyptians were building and decorating these structures.....
    those around them were still extremely primitive....

with all the other accomplishments the Egyptians made...it would be foolish to assume they could not have made use of these "batteries"

9. That's the context I understood it in. The other primitive, 'minor' civilisations around them. Gives you a different perspective on biblical stories.

10. So you're saying that they had both electricity and lightbulbs? That's a much bigger claim than just saying they had electricity...

11. I honestly believed there were bipedal primates with technology long before humans and what's left is the attempts of man trying to reproduce what we witnessed.

12. if they had electric light...
    i wouldnt see bulbs...as i dont recall any info on them working with glass....

but a glowing filament....does not require much......

it may not have been an efficient light source...if it existed at all....

but i can see it as a possibility

13. I agree, on the absense of light bulbs. There are a few ways to create light using electricity. As you stated, Dingusus, a glowing filament, particularly carbon graphite, would hold up extremely well.

14. It was alien neon brain matter that illuminated the pyramids not electricity

15. Don't you need an enclosure of some kind to prevent oxidation of the filament though?

Not to mention how shitty those filaments would have undoubtedly been....it took a lot of trial and error to finally find some metals worth a damn in that department....shitty filament connected to a shitty battery = enough light to pimp your pyramid? I dunno.....:smoke:

16. idk ether!:smoke:
    just grasping for possibilities;)without enough knowledge of how electric light actually works to tell you that i "know"

so what other ways could they have possibly had to make some light from this primitive battery?

we all know it is possible they never did any such thing....

but if you were to entertain the idea that they did have it.....

what could be used to make light with such a power source?

17. Perhaps they used reflective metal surfaces to direct the light. Similiar to shields, flattened out.

18. We do have evidence that they/we knew how to make a mirror as far back as 2613 B.C.

19. i personally have no doubt that mirrors and sunlight is a very real possibility...
    and could have easily been used to bring light to the deepest chambers....

i am just curious as to what kind of light ....if any....could actually be produced by said primitive batteries?