Old school grow advice "member cheap old basterd club"

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SG1, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Thanks what's the maximum the temp should Be when growing then? Without harming the plants am I about at the limit?

2. #7922 Head Chef, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2015
    to answer the most of your questions i would personally go here http://www.growweedeasy.com/temperature
    Have a little read then anything your unsure on or you think may need clarifying then come back and ask then.

Not tryign to be rude, just easier for you to go and smash that whole webiste then ask questions on unclear stuff or stuff missed, or even somehting you might think is a lie.

But like SG always says he doesnt grow by the book, even if someone says dotn do that, that will kill you plant! if SG sees it works he does it! growing is all about learning the basics then carving your own grow path your own way [​IMG]

Hope this helps.

Chef

3. Thanks alot chef I'll give it a read

4. Pot loves heat, and evolved for hot sun.
    Humidity is the enemy with high heat.

30c is getting a bit warm, but will ample airflow to keep humidity in check, shouldn't be a problem.

5. if not running co2 then never let the temp under the room or under the canopy exceed 80. That is if you have proper air exchange. Not that they will not survive,they just do not like Temps over 80 co2 rooms being the exclusion to that.

6. Amassing thank you glad I read this

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Deleafing

Somehow there is info left un-retrievable or it wasn't documented properly.

Rule of thumb.
    1. Never treat your plant as a group, only individually, as every plant has it's own needs.
    2. Only thin out a plant when necessary, not as just a routine.

Facts as I see it.

1. When a leaf is grown over and in the shadows, it's ability to gather light even if 100% healthy is minimal.
    It literally consumes more energy than it provides.
    2. When a leaf turns any shade of yellow, it's dying, and serves little purpose.
    Some will argue that the leaf's energy is being consumed by the plant, which I disagree with.
    IME as in nature, turning colors is the final act of death.
    3. Deleafing offers 2 good things.
    Opens up the plant to more air flow, and inadvertently discards any fowl creatures living on them(if present).
    Just getting your face into your plant helps you find out if your plants are infested by bugs.

Tips for deleafing.

Every leaf grows from a node base, and feeds a % of it's collected energy both to branch growth and root growth.
    When contemplating removal, it's always best to allow the branch off the node to contain at least 2-3 new nodes with new leaves.
    In other words, if you remove a leaf feeding a branch, make sure the branch has enough leaves to take the place of the removed leaf.

Always error on the side of caution, if you're not sure, leave it.

Not all plants require much deleafing during the growth stages, where as some choke themselves out.

For flowering plants, I use the same routines through flowering, but during the last 2 weeks before harvest I remove all leaves which contain no trichomes on the leaf. 
    This allows less trash leaf in your trim for processing hash for use.

8. Good to see you back in here man! Been a minute. 😎✌️😎

Sent from Skylab
    Good to see you back in here man! Been a minute. 😎✌️😎

Sent from Skylab

9. Good to see you back in here man! Been a minute. 😎✌️😎

Sent from Skylab
    Good to see you back in here man! Been a minute. 😎✌️😎

Sent from Skylab

10. I was let out of solitary, and back with the normal prison population.
    Still getting used to the light.

11. I know you're right. Chow comes way too early in the morn.

Sent from Skylab

12. Great to see you're back.  You helped me with grow room design a couple years ago.  Your knowledge is only surpassed by your generosity (at sharing this knowledge).

13. Glad to be back, Thank you!

14. SG1... I am enjoying the posts and advice. 

On a positive note:  I find myself to be an even cheaper bastard than you.  Is that a good thing?   :) 

I always time my grows by using available sunlight that comes in thru a window facing free sunlight; saves on light costs.  You just can't beat sunlight.  This augments "cheap" drop lights with splitters and spiral bulbs. 

I never PH my water... I use free rainwater...  my ongoing soil effort provides a cup or two tossed into the rainwater for additional nutrients.  It works.  I don't overwater; I minimally water, and do so several times 'that one day' I do give it water when the plant is in the final days of Veg.   If it isn't drooping it doesn't need water. 

I have tried Fox Farm Products, Happy Frog Soil, and they have worked well for me.  Back then I wasn't so much of a Cheap Bastard.  I mix and build my own organic combination now and so far so good I can state I saved more money this year.  ~smile 

15. Cheap = Getting the very most out of cost you put in.
    Whether a small window grow or a warehouse grow, production costs are important.
    Utilize what you have to start, get the most out of it, then upgrade as needed.
    Keep it cheap! [​IMG]

16. SG thought i'd stop in with a 2 yr progress report..when last here i was doing hydro and soil indrs and a remote grw at friends house using soil..indr was HID..they shut dwn the nuke plnt and pwr costs skyrocketed..my pwr was included in my rent and i heard that my bill had been $800 from landlady..i wuz runnin 2 HID rigs and a/c so i had to change my approach..i got rid of all my HID gear and switched over to all leds..i built a stealth grow in my bkyrd that i rebuilt this yr that uses SIP's..my indr garden provides plnts for it..my grow is a modest perpetual and it took time to learn how to time and run it to max effiency..this yr i've already had 3 harvests indrs ..will have outdr harvest at end of mo with their clones ready to take their place..clone in ebb n flo for cab 1 after harvest end of mo..last yr developed my own seeds of haz c x sks that i just dropped..i bought rain barrels and have 150 gals stored from winter rains that comes off my neighbors roof into my yrd..two days of rain and i'm at capacity..i build my own soil and store it carefully in covered 5 gal bkts in my grow cave..learned the hard way to store hydro nutes in the frig and soil additives in bags in coolers indrs..i do a IPM program on a regular basis..lotta wrk and upgrades..i had to give up on the 1lb yeild harvest..now i have a harvest about every other mo..it adds up and i haven't had to buy pot in a long time..upgrades paid for themselves..i've started making tincture as well from the leaf i used to discard.. start to lst hydro clone 001.JPG start to lst hydro clone 002.JPG start to lst hydro clone 003.JPG start to lst hydro clone 007.JPG start to lst hydro clone 009.JPG start to lst hydro clone 005.JPG start to lst hydro clone 004.JPG nu temp guage installed 013.JPG grw cave cleaned up 006.JPG

17. You've come a long ways, no doubt.
    Since switching to fully organic, Soil building and maintaining is always a challenge.
    Growing plants as big as I do, eats up everything, and without knowing exactly what comes out, hard to know what to put back in.
    Constantly learning, as we all do.

18. Whats the best advice you can give me on my first grow. What strain is best for a northern Oregon southern Washington outdoor climate? For production, flavor, potency, everything? What materials
    will I want to buy and what techniques will I want to apply for the best results - big, sticky smelly super dank buds? I've never grown but I aspire to be one of the great Oregon blades sir.

I would say my best advice is to read a bunch, then read a bunch more.
    While you're reading and learning, maintain a real job and earn money.
    Now while earning money, start saving money for a small grow in your apt.
    In the process of reading and studying the cannabis world, find strains bred for the PNW, and grow them indoors.

If you're looking for a magic trick to success, while bypassing the incredible amount of working, saving, and learning to be great, you'll find none.
    Growing is a skilled craft and has a long learning curve.
    Most of us had to put in 5 years of growing to get decent at it.
    I suspect it will take you as long.

Work hard and prosper [​IMG]

20. #7940 Shark bait, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2015
    The same advice I have seen you give a few of the top notch growers around the city many moons ago.

PEACe

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum