easiest/quickest way to train

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by binonexus, Jun 7, 2006.

1. well my plants are about 14"-18" tall and i want to start training them to try and get some more nodes.

Is it too late to start training if they are this tall?

If i just rested a close hanger on the plant at an angle would it cause any harmfull outcomes? i don't really have the time to use screws and string because it's a geurilla op and it's shady to just water them because it's out in the middle of no where and just the presence of my car is suspicious enough.

2. no its not too late to train them.

but using a hanger will only work while the plants are small when they grow bigger the hanger wont do much to weigh it down. i tied 2 of my plants down by wrapping string around a rock and tieing it to the top of the plant. this way you can adjust the lenght of string as the plant grows. all this took me 2 minutes, literally.

3. so all you reaLLY HAVE TO DO TO TRAIN IS TIE THE MAIN STALK DOWN TO A ROCK IN A COUPLE DIFFERENT PLACES ON THE STALK. WELL I THINK I FINALLY GET IT. BECAUSE NOW I SEE THAT IF YOU TIED IT DOWN IT JUST LET ALL THE BRANCHES POINT UP AND MAKE A BUSH SHAPE.THANKS

4. be very careful though while bending, don't bend it to a point where the plant won't bend it will snap with ease, stem is hollow inside and very easily snappable.

5. I don´t begin to train mine until they are about 3 foot tall.