Should i throw away my one hitter?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by isu8, Jan 3, 2012.

1. I'm on the fence, you guys tell me...I bought a cheap metal one hitter back in June. It is very small (obviously) so it is quite difficult to clean now that it is full of resin (a paper clip doesn't help, it just spreads all of the resin) I didn't want to throw it away because I've been planning on cleaning it...but how the hell can I clean a pipe that's so completely stuffed with resin? Should I just trash it or would you guys salvage it?

2. If it fits, get a q-tip and tear the cotton bud off it. Then use the headless q-tip to push all the resin out one end.

3. Good suggestion, will try...

4. Toothpick maybe? I've had pieces that looked like death before 0_o.

A little cleaning and they look brand new ;)

SAVE IT! Even if not for yourself, I always find I run into younger stoners (not children) that love getting pieces from others. It makes that piece have a story... and they will tell it in every sesh they use the piece in :smoke:

Indeed.

5. Since it's metal, you could drop it in hot water and boil the resin out. Let it sit in the water for a little bit, then pick it up and angle it so gravity will pull out the viscous resin.

Just make sure you don't reach in there to grab it with your bare hands. Tongs are your friend in this situation.

6. well if you want to just clean it so it hits better then put it in a plastic bag with salt and rubbing alc and microwave it for like 2 min ..

7. Would boiling it make my apartment smell terribly?

8. I don't think it would, because if it's a small pipe you won't have much resin in there in the first place.

9. Yes. Just your kitchen though. I actually used to microwave my metal pieces in a cup of luke-warm water; it kept the.... death smell in the microwave for the most part.

Stinky shit!

Indeed ^

I keep forgetting how small it is.

10. In retrospect, I'd try putting it in a bag with isopropyl alcohol and salt first. Can't hurt.

11. yes it will smell like resin all throughout your house. just use rubbing alcohol and salt

12. I used to have a one hitter that looked like a cig, but i gave it to a buddy that was movin' away. He didnt know much about smokin..

13. To be fair although it is relatively small in diameter, it is about 4 inches long and is stuffed from end to end with hard ass resin. I was trying to avoid buying anything lol but I suppose rubbing alcohol might be what I need.

14. You can pick up a big bottle of 91% for a few bucks, and save the leftover for making qwiso hash.

15. Good advice...so to recap, fill a Baggie with the alcohol, allow piece to soak, then I am assuming I could easily push out the remainder inside of it with a qtip?

16. Now, I'm not the most tech-savvy bloke out there.... but isn't microwaving a metal pipe a bad idea?

17. Put some salt in there to agitate the resin even more, and just shake the hell out of the bag; the resin should come out on its own, and if not a quick rinse under hot water should wash out any stragglers.

18. You could try heating it. Once the resin gets hot enough it will drip right out. Or you can soak it in alcohol. That always works pretty good.

19. Chuck it, get something bigger.

20. I have something much bigger/nicer, I haven't used the one hitter since August. Just now getting around to cleaning it out