Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First time Smoking Alone Advice

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by h3rro, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Hey guys so I am a pretty new smoker (smoke on occasion maybe once or twice a month)-and Ive had mixed reactions to weed. Sometimes its great and I have a blast hanging with my friends (which I totally love) and then there are other times where i have had bad panic attacks and have even puked twice from smoking weed (which of course sucked). Now I am stuck debating wether or not to smoke on my own- does anyone have advice for me? or any way to avoid panic attacks or puking from smoking?
    Thanks in advance for any help!

2. I suppose you could just do it and consider it part of your learning curve, smoking alone can be a really fun experience - especially at first when you will get intensely blazed. But if your freaking out with weed when your with others, I wouldn't recommend going solo just yet. Having people around helps to keep you grounded with reality, if you get too blazed by yourself and starting tripping out, it won't be fun.

If you really want to, i'd just recommend pacing yourself and always spread your green out. It's not like your not gonna get high by spreading x amount over 2 bowls rather than 1 - but you might just avoid freaking out.

3. dude just hit it a few times n chill if ya think you wanna be higher then hit it again...dont blaze it down or nothing just have a good chill buzz...i dont like getn stupid high unless im chillin with peeps...by myself i can make a bowl last me 3 hours

4. smoking alone is the shit man, just take it slowly and put on some music to keep calm if you really feel like you're gonna freak out..and smoke in a spot where you're really comfortable. seriously, i smoke alone 99% of the time and i love it.

5. Definetly pace yourself and you'll be fine. Panic attacks usually occur when too high.

6. I would say snap (small ammount just to fill ur lungs) instead of bowl (if ur using a bong or pipe) or smoke a spliff if u can handle tobacco. Just do what you would normally do when ur at home, make sure no-one can catch u tho. So yeah, play playstation (gta's are always good) or read a book or cook a meal (make sure u dont burn down the house) and always while your having ur comedown spank the shank then have a nap. you'll sleep like a baby.

7. Just chill , weed is an enhancer if you well stress before hand odds are itll be stressful ,if your calm your high shall be calm , well atleast i feel that way :smoke:

8. Well first off make sure you have atleast a decent smoking tool. Dont smoke a whole lot either. Take a few hits and then wait, and then if you think you need more hit it a few more times. Make sure your relaxed too. Nothing worse than being paranoid when your high. Play some console games or watch TV. Make sure you have some food incase you get a case of the munchies too. You would be surprised how long a little bit of weed can keep you high. Theres been times the night before where Ill get baked and smoke a shit ton and then Im still high the next day lol.

9. My first time smoking alone resulted in my best high ever.

Smoke a lot and enjoy man.

10. Thanks for the replies everyone - totally looking forward to smoking alone tomorrow night now! Ill take everyones advice and chill out- take it slow maybe play a little xbox and cook!

11. I looooove smoking alone. Always nice to watch a good TV show, xbox, make some food...best way to clear your mind!

12. Tell us how it goes man.

13. I am most comfortable when I toke alone :)

14. just take it slow man. Definitely use food, music, or video games to ease your mind

15. Music, definitely listen to music. Try something mellow.

16. order a pizza...listen to music... watch T.V... just chill... i love smoking with friends... and i love smoking by myself... its funny how friends influence your high... when im with friends ill be laughing my ass off and talking about the dumbest shit... its a blast...

but when im alone.. its kind of a different type of high... like... its fun to just chill out and play Xbox

17. why do u smoke if it gives u panic attacks? i suggest not smoking alone until you can control yourself enough not to panic. try smoking like 5 times what you usually do next time u smoke. u will probably have a panic attack if weed makes you panic, but next time it won't feel nearly as bar. but why would u have a panic attack when you're high, but not sober? personally i'm a lot more upbeat and chill when i'm high.

18. Bro take one hit wait for 5mins take if u feel good take another one and keep going hope this helps

Peace and stay lit

19. I've puked from weed, weed mixed with alcohol, and unmentionables.

In my experience with weed, it's better to do it alone. When I smoke with friends and feel ill, they all wonder why I get quiet. That just freaks me out that all of this attention is on being getting sick.

Alone > Friends

20. Listen to some KiD CuDi and you'll do fine.