Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cancel MMJ Card

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by RatM77, Jan 3, 2012.

1. I have a prescription for medical marijuana and it does not expire until July 2012. Due to my own personal reasons I have decided that I want to cancel or get rid of my card. Is there a way I can do this before waiting for it to expire? I'm in the state of California. Thanks in advance and I hope this was the correct place to post this.

2. It's like a prescription...
    If you decide for whatever reason you don't need it anymore, you just stop using it and don't renew the prescription.
    trying to get a gun or what?

3. Exactly what I'm trying to do.

4. I find nothing wrong when having guns and being a stoner, currently have a few locked up in the safe :)

.44 Magnum with a far sighted scope, .22 Colt pretty old and heavy but hey its a collectors :), and a few other 9mm's, 10mm's. Always practice safety and never smoke when shooting out at the range

5. Yeah but in CA it's illegal to buy/own a gun if you have your MMJ card

6. fucking wrong on so many levels

7. idk anything about medical cards but if your gunna get a gun id suggest going to a range and trying out different kinds first, personally my fav is the .357, i hit the middle of the target every time with that cannon

8. I had a gun picked out but I looked this up before I bought it and found it was illegal to buy a firearm with a MMJ card in CA. so Im looking for a way to possibly cancel the card.

9. If it's a state-issued card, I'd head into your local health department (i.e. where you applied for the card) and ask them. If it's simply a recommendation, then you're not on the CA database.

10. unless you have a state issued card i dont think theres any way for it to show up

11. is this hearsay or did you actually read a legal document saying this?

12. #13 tharedhead, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2012
  13. [quote name='"gumby420"']

is this hearsay or did you actually read a legal document saying this?[/quote]

Not hearsay. Official memo sent to gun dealers by ATF. Unconstitutional as fuck, but they wanna try it.

14. this made me lol.... quitting cannabis for guns!... I would support your decision to quit guns for cannabis but I'm struggling on the former! :)

15. I'd be more concerned with the ATF having my name on a list of gun owners...but that's just me :D :wave:

16. why pick a fire arm over cannabis man? shiiit

17. Honestly I think this guy is making a smart choice.
    I'd rather be caught with illegal cannabis than illegal guns

18. oh this could be something for a comedy act...

first day in your cell:
    cellmate: so, watchya infur?

gun scenario;
    you: busted with a shitload of illegal guns but I had 15 pot plants I was licensed for, no pot charges from LEO
    cellmate: cool, cool... <never bothers you again, treats you with respect>

pot scenario;
    you: busted for some pot, I gave up my mmj card for a gun permit to be legal...
    cellmate: oh...

later in the showers:
    cellmate: ooops, could you pick up that soap for me?

they kick ya out of prison/jail, to make space for the potheads though [​IMG]

19. yeah.. but... if you have a gun, and you use it in self defense, you have to run away..