My first 225 14w LED Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by jayjay5396, Jan 2, 2012.

1. You mention heat issues what is your set up? Closet, tent or what? and how many watts hps??

2. yeah i got heat issues with my 400w HPS thats why i tried these LED panels to avoid the heat but as LED clearly not working i'm now back to square one HPS

well its an average size closet my HPS is in the top part plants underneathe about 18inches under the light bulb i'm using soil and tomato feed my temp is always 30c regardless of how many fans i put in there.
    The temp dont go down its ALWAYS 30C EVEN WITH THE DOOR WIDE OPEN.

HPS is really hot it doesnt have a cooling system i need to use LED but now need money for better LEDs

3. You can always supplement your led's with a couple cfl's or maybe a t5 setup. The led and cfl combination has proven results with minimal heat and energy concerns. I would suggest you try maybe $25 on cfl's b4 you drop $100 or more for another led.

4. You need to exhaust the air out of there or do what i do have a fan on the floor outside of the closet door blowing into the closet. Heat natrually rises and will escape with the rushing air escaping out of doors top corner.. Considering stealth is not an issue.

5. #25 jayjay5396, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2012

the built-in wardrobe is right next to a window if i did leave door open like every day people would notice it then id get busted n am not even hurting no one my stuff not even for sale light would escape out the window make people see it and in the top where the light is thats also open the light is sat on a slant so heat should be able to get up there a got a fan on my plants.

i've just been offered a 600w ballast i was thinking if only i didnt have issues with my 400w id go for it.

6. I'm starting a grow now in week 1from seed (money maker strain feminised)It's a eBay tent light kit. I'm sceptical of the 225 led growing anything substantial but complete set up 1mx1m X 2m tent, 4 X 225 led same as you have, hydro 24 = 24w X 4 tubes 4 inner, 4 outer pots ,desk fan , nutrients veg and bloom, humidity meter all for $360. Thinking I will bite the bullet and see what it can do.

7. I have 5 of the same LED panels on a sorry stalk that was planted outside in a pot way late in the season. Started budding 3 weeks later so thought May aswell use the panels. It's been one week in there now and no change what's so ever. Thinking these LED "grow" lights are maybe better used as mood lighting in the smoke room . Will upload a pic tomorrow , mood lights are off atm