Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will weed become legal in Canada before it is in America?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by smokinthaherb, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Or will America legalize it before Canada? Seems like Canada is more lenient then America about weed.

2. According to "The Union"... Yes

3. hmm... i think it will be atleast another 20 years before either country even seriously considers...

in canada its already pretty much decrim i believe

4. You think 20 years before its legal in Canada? I hope your wrong lol :(

5. Well it is still illegal but you will get a fine or a warning if caught with 30 grams or less. I want to be able to buy it from stores like in Amsterdam and Cali :)

6. i do to :smoking:

im just being realistic

7. Right now I say yes, but Harper is trying to get the laws as shitty as they are in the US

8. Look up R v. Mernagh.

If the appeal doesn't succeed, cannabis will be legal in Ontario (and likely the entire country) in March.

9. But what are the chances of it not having any success lol?

10. The Judge (Taliano) has already ruled that the current medical marijuana system is ineffective, and preventing access to medicine is unconstitutional. On appeal, Health Canada asked for a stay on the ruling so that they could reform the medical system. From what I've read, the changes made (which basically takes the patients ability to grow away and puts all production in the hands of private corporations) are probably not going to win the appeal. If the appeal isn't won, the original decision stands, and all prohibition laws against cannabis will be void.

http://www.whyprohibition.ca/sites/...or Judgment Taliano J April 11 2011.pdf

11. Thanks man. I really hope it doesn't succeed :D

12. Same here.

13. Yeah, about 20-30 years from now. Serious law changes takes years and decades to get into affect. Look at equal rights, race rights,wars, takes a while. If you are under 30 years old you should see it in your lifetime as it has been going for like how many decades now?

14. Whichever country legalizes growing of weed first is going to be my home. :)

15. My Main man Ron Paul needs to step into office.

Obama isn't worth the bottom feeder's shit that fed among Osama Bin Laden's bloated corpse under the sea!

16. But didn't Harper introduce that "omnibus" crime bill?

17. Whats that?

18. As an Ontario citizen the day that cannabis is legalized, will be one of the happiest days of my life.

19. I live in Calgary so if it becomes legal in Ontario i hope Alberta follows suit :)

20. I see little difference between buying it from a dealer and going to the store. As long as your network is solid, availability is the same and the dealer doesn't charge tax.