How to be a healthy stoner

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by IAmMcLovin, Dec 31, 2011.

1. most of your nutrition advice is really incorrect.

you should do some research. before posting stuff like that.

2. #22 Stride420, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
    I'm a fit stoner. High all day and have an eight pack :smoke:
    And this 100% OP. You said bananas/carbs don't have any calories....

3. I got a 9 pack come at me

4. great guide. thanks homie :)

5. I try to eat healthy overall, but I love grease. :)

6. Great post McLovin,

Together we can break the lazy stereotype people have of someone who happens to enjoy marijuana!

7. #27 TheTrueHigh, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014

^I second this. Bunch of bullshit if you ask me. 

lol@your name McLovin

8. #28 HealthyStoner, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014

OK I'm confused, are you putting down your own advice there TheTrueHigh?! I did have a chuckle at the McLovin name. (It's a great film though). You may have written it a while ago and perhaps the nutritional advice isn't based on anything other than good intent but the message is still there and you were saying it back in 2011! Good show!

9. I absolutely love kale chips, it's my go to healthy stoner munchie. Also love grapes!

10. If you wanna be a healthy stoner it's not terribly hard - just have to go a little out of your way to make different choices.

Drink fruit/berry and veggie juice often. Consume plenty of water. Have large servings of veggies at dinner. Make smoothies for breakfast w/ super foods like chia seeds, spirulina, ect. Cut back on sugary sweets inundated with refined sugar. Chicken, fish, and fowl are better meat choices than fatty beef and pork. Eat fast food and processed food only when in a pinch.

Add light cardio and weight training to the mix and bam, you're healthy.

11. Good tips, I was looking for something like this to help me. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Some dumbasses say weed is a gateway drug. Its a gateway to the fridge but that about it lol. Always go hard when it comes to munchin

13. Depends on how you define stoner.

To me a stoner is someone who is stoned all the time, which by definition is unhealthy.

Eat good food and make time probly work out and don't be lazy in general you'll he healthy

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. #34 Digital Veil, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
    Ruminant meat > fowl.  Too many pufa's.  Also refined white sugar is not the devil, it may be nutritionally devoid but is not all that bad by itself.  I agree it's prob best to avoid though if you can't decipher the other ingredients coupled with it.

I've got an 18 pack in the fridge...

16. love this!

I'm convincing myself that healthy fresh food is best when stoned.

17. Bunp

18. #38 yurigadaisukida, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2014
    I'd like to add that vaping is relatively new. There isn't a lot of "evidence" supporting that it is safe. Its mostly speculation that it doesn't include most of the detrimental effects of smoking.

A lot of people are under the impression that vaping has zero negative effects. This is not entirely true. Depending on the vaporizer, you are still exposing the product to heat, and therefore you can still "burn" it.

When you vape, there are likely still small ammounts of carbon monoxide and other bad things.

Keep in mind that your lungs are designed for air. Nothing else. Your stomach has a lot of protections ams failsafes. Your lungs do not

Also I cough a lot from vaping (not nearly as much as smoking)

If you want to be 100%, I'd stay away from vaping as well and do only edibles

But vaping is probly safer sstill than the polluted air in big cities

-yuri

19. TL;DR

eat healthy shit and vape if you can rather than smoke.

20. Just an update for anyone else who stumbles upon this thread as I have, eating a ton of bananas and sandwiches is not exactly healthy, lol. 

Bananas - like all fruits - are high in sugar, meaning you should have one or two a day if you have a sweet tooth you're looking to take care of.

Sandwiches aren't necessarily something you want to overindulge in either, as bread has a ton of carbs per slice. Though proper carb intake can leave someone feeling full for larger portions of the day with more energy to utilize throughout, shovelling a bunch of PB & J sandwiches down your gullet when you're stoned isn't going to do you or your body any good. 

Super healthy stoner foods involve good amounts of protein and fewer carbs, giving you energy (via protein) to go on with your day - and will potentially combat the burnout from smoking. Look for lean meats, fish, or complex carbs like rice when you're smoking and have some crazy munchies; they'll combat your hunger while making sure you're eating healthy and not packing on extra weight.  :smoke: