something interesting about asthma and weed

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Sunn, Dec 29, 2011.

1. HHAHA well i meaaaann weed expands the lungs doesnt it? it istself should be a pretty useful asthma tool.

2. Yep thc is a bronchodilator. However, I would say vaping is probably better for someone with asthma.
    But op, that is pretty funny lol.
    Ps. Anyone had to use a nebulizer before? I always think about vaping when I'm sitting at the doctor getting a breathing treatment lol!

3. [insert idle hands inhaler pipe witticism here]
    [​IMG]

4. [quote name='"treelover"']Yep thc is a bronchodilator. However, I would say vaping is probably better for someone with asthma.
    But op, that is pretty funny lol.
    Ps. Anyone had to use a nebulizer before? I always think about vaping when I'm sitting at the doctor getting a breathing treatment lol![/quote]

Haha Hell yeah. I always take big hits like I'm smoking haha.

5. "bronchodilator" is the word i was lookin for, thanks tree! My girls got a nebulizer. Now that i think of it its always looked like a high tech vape when she was using it haha..

6. [quote name='"Chrismittty"']"bronchodilator" is the word i was lookin for, thanks tree! My girls got a nebulizer. Now that i think of it its always looked like a high tech vape when she was using it haha..[/quote]

Haha imagine if all if that lovely vapor was from your favorite herb. :D (it's a shit ton of vapor!!!)

7. Too much cannabis isn't good for people with athsma, it does paralyze lung cilia, and all that accumulated garbage in your lungs is no good for it at all.

I know, I have athsma, two or 3 hits from a bong and I'm winded after walking up stairs.

Coming on two weeks without smoking, and I can breathe alot better than I was able to before

8. you guys totally missed the point of this, it was an analogy. a spacer for your inhaler is like smoking out of a bong.

9. That's not because of cannabis. It's because you're smoking. If you only vape, cannabis is a bronchodilator and it will increase airflow through your lungs. Obviously if you take 3 huge rips of SMOKE from a bong, it will not be that great for your lungs.

10. [quote name='"Sunn"']you guys totally missed the point of this, it was an analogy. a spacer for your inhaler is like smoking out of a bong.[/quote]

I used to have a spacer for my inhaler, and i have a bong now. I fail to see any similarities

11. dude a bong is just a pipe with a large chamber. the chamber fills with smoke and then all goes into your lungs at once. a spacer is doing the exact same thing.

12. [quote name='"Sunn"']dude a bong is just a pipe with a large chamber. the chamber fills with smoke and then all goes into your lungs at once. a spacer is doing the exact same thing.[/quote]

Yeah, alright, that makes sense. Its been a while since i used my spacer..

13. I actually have asthma as well, just recently got an MFLB and since I've been using that my asthma has improved alot! Otherwise I just try to smoke out of water pipes with a few nice percs that helps as well but not nearly as much as just vape does. I avoid blunts and anything un-filtered nowadays tho because otherwise it's just to hard on me.

14. what if they could contain vapor in a inhaler and you could take hits whenever you wanted

15. I have always thought about how to change a nebulizer into some vape or smoking device! it would work so nicely. haha

Also, as much as people say smoking weed with astma is good, the actual smoke from smoking weed doesn't help, but only irritates asthma. Too bad I havent tried a vape yet :)

16. I've used many a nebulizer in my day unfortunately it vaporizes liquids, don't think there is any way it could be used to smoke ahhaha

17. [quote name='"MasterChief420"']I've used many a nebulizer in my day unfortunately it vaporizes liquids, don't think there is any way it could be used to smoke ahhaha[/quote]

Me too. I have a theory tho: what if you diluted hash oil with water and put it where the albuterol normally goes? Would'nt it vaporize?

18. Would probably have to look up the vaporizing temperature of the albuterol because it may be too low that the neb isn't capable of reaching temps neccesary for thc to vaporize

19. So to further expand on using a nebulizer as a vape I think it's possible. I've been reading about people who turn a fog machine into a vape by taking advantage of the atomizer. In a sense that is all a nebulizer does is atomize the medicine.

They just use a diluted tincture in the fog machine and run it into garbage bags to be passed around or just fill a small room with the "fog"

Apparently it works great and it's something I've been very interested in trying!