Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

will a 150watt hps light grow anything?

• Please log in to reply

alex1sc00l

alex1sc00l

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
will a 150 watt hps light get anything to grow?

EastBayFire510

EastBayFire510

• Gold Member
  • 333 posts

RooRgle

RooRgle

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,530 posts
1 26 watt cfl will get a plant growing, just won't produce much....nearly nothing. A 150 hps watt light will for sure grow a few plants, and produce a nice amount of bud. I grow with 5-7 CFL's at one time and keep my temps low, 70-80....I produce maybe half to 1 ounce a plant in 2 gallon smart pots. I also low stress train, which I know has helped my yield a ton. But to answer the question, yes a 150 hps WILL grow a decent amount of bud (taking into account you have the right nutes and grow area for your girls).

alex1sc00l

alex1sc00l

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
ok thanks for the help bro. i juss didnt want to go buy another light when the one i have works fine.

chimera2

chimera2

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,915 posts

ok thanks for the help bro. i juss didnt want to go buy another light when the one i have works fine.

It never hurts to have more light, more light = more bud, so if your wanting to increase your production then getting a more powerful light always helps. But yes, 150 will grow a decent plant.

ThreeNinesFine

ThreeNinesFine

Urban Gold Miner

• Bronze Member
  • 7,351 posts

samson32

samson32

Toke break/Not grow break

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,018 posts
Basically you have to think about what you want to accomplish from your grow.. A 150 will get one big girl or two medium sized girls through flower.. If you want to grow more than two at a time then you'll need to step up to something a little bigger..

I have a 600 right now which can flower 4 big girls or about 6 medium girls..

You also have to take into account heat so if you do decide to move up in wattage be sure to have some type of ventilation or a bad situation can develop quickly.. :eek:

Your best bet though is to set up a small vegg with a mom or two for clones.. Get them to size and move them in.. A perpetual will keep you in the smoke with little down time..

:smoke:

Bongsauce

Bongsauce

Zen Grower

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,502 posts
A 150w should net you a qp if done right :)

morange

morange

Mr. MOMO

• Bronze Member
  • 8,497 posts

Edited by morange, 02 January 2012 - 07:42 PM.

• ThreeNinesFine likes this

Jimmy Carter

Jimmy Carter

Indica Dominant

• Registered Upgraded
  • 8,330 posts
I was looking at the all in one 150HPS fixture on amazon. It look perfect for someone like me. I dont want tons of wattage but I wasnt to be able to nicely grow 1 maybe 2 plants at a time. I think thats probably what I would use for my next grow instead of 4x24W T5

ThreeNinesFine

ThreeNinesFine

Urban Gold Miner

• Bronze Member
  • 7,351 posts

Edited by ThreeNinesFine, 02 January 2012 - 07:49 PM.

Jimmy Carter

Jimmy Carter

Indica Dominant

• Registered Upgraded
  • 8,330 posts
Yeah I know all about DIY you should see my current ghetto rig haha

I only plan on having one of these fixtures, not two.

ThreeNinesFine

ThreeNinesFine

Urban Gold Miner

• Bronze Member
  • 7,351 posts

alex1sc00l

alex1sc00l

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Well I was planing on growing only one plant so I think the one I have will do. Thanks for the help guys.

ThreeNinesFine

ThreeNinesFine

Urban Gold Miner

• Bronze Member
  • 7,351 posts

Edited by ThreeNinesFine, 15 January 2012 - 04:57 AM.

KillaBush

KillaBush

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

A 150w should net you a qp if done right :)

I'm really interested in something like that! I'm currently using one 150w Sun System HPS to gow 2 plants in 5g pots. Unfortunately 1 of them (my sativa) isn't doing so well but the other 1 is thriving & 14 days into flower right now. I'm unsure of the strain but here are a couple of pics of my healthy girl I call "Daddy'z Kure" because I'm unsure of the strain.:smoke:

Attached Thumbnails

• Daddy'z Kure(E) 11daysflowering 01-17-12.jpg
  • Daddy'z Kure1 01-17-12.jpg
  • Daddy'z Kure(A) 11daysflowering 01-17-12.jpg

• Bongsauce likes this

Greydayz

Greydayz

• Registered Upgraded
  • 286 posts
150w will work fine, This is my baby. under 1 150w , i Lst'ed it so its a bush, with a screen too.

Attached Thumbnails

• apple pie.jpg

• Bongsauce likes this

afgankush

afgankush

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Is 43 watt enough for one decent personal view?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users