Do you guys hear sound in your dreams?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by BazarBaggie, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Did he ever describe to you what he 'sees'?

Does his mind create any kind of replacement for the lack of sight? Say using sound waves bouncing off objects to create a 3 dimensional imagine of depth in his head?

I've read an article about how blind people use a type of sonar type click to do something similar to this.

I've always been really fascinated in all of that

2. I could see this being true.. I've often experienced a similar sonar effect when I meditate in nature while high.. it's probably something their mind learns naturally I imagine at least as far as distances and stuff. Maybe not actual images.

3. All the time, mine even have dialogue in them.

For example I had a dream last night where me and my dad were flying a helicopter and I was trying to convince him throughout the entire dream that he can't operate it, but he was trying to convince me otherwise.

4. yeah- if you go back to the last page i used bats' echolocation as a sort of alternative to their sight as a comparison to what i've read about and what my cousin has described. he's only 13-- so i assume as the years go by i'll be able to communicate more accurately with him about what he experiences. the part that's really hard to fathom is that he has no sense of color. he sees no "blackness" or any sense of color or light. he describes himself as seeing "nothing".. and it's difficult because when i try to describe color to him.. his understanding of it can only go so far. so i've tried to discuss with him if it's possible that the "nothing" he describes is darkness, or absence of light.. and as far as he's been able to tell me so far, he understands the concepts of light and color and he can't see anything that can be described as such.

for someone who's always lacked a certain sense, it's incredibly difficult to communicate to those who haven't exactly how their perception makes up for it. i hope that in the relatively near future technology is developed that can increase understanding for those who arent afflicted with conditions such as blindness or deafness themselves.

right now most of it is based on observing what parts of the brain are active during various stimuli, and personal accounts of the experiences by participants of experiments and studies.

5. That's crazy! I couldn't imagine what it would be like.. but atleast from his perspective he doesn't know what he's missing out on so what difference does it matter to him? lol

I actually saw this report not too long ago where we've been able to mount cameras in replacement of an eye, wire that camera directly to the visual processing center in the brain and voila, they have vision. It's very crude image though, it appears to them as if someone turned on a photoshop filter where everything's individual black and white dots, but man it's an amazing step forwards.

Within the next couple decades I believe the blind will be able to see. I love technology lol

6. have you seen vids of people who have been deaf all their lives being provided hearing through technology? it's fucking amazing.. and incredibly emotional. grandmaster i know we go back and forth pretty hard in the evolution thread and we disagree on a lot of shit.. but like i've said to others on this forum that i strongly disagree with.. we'd probably get along irl. lol

anyway here's some vids to check out:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTzTt1VnHRM]8 Month Old Deaf Baby's Reaction To Cochlear Implant Being Activated - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsOo3jzkhYA]29 years old and hearing myself for the 1st time! - YouTube[/ame]

no matter who you are and what you believe.. those videos are incredibly powerful.

7. In my last dream people emitted an arora (sp) of music that described them when you got within a few feet of them, pretty intense

8. In some of my dreams I can hear entire songs playing perfectly, In one I remember hearing Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd.

I always thought it was weird because when I'm awake I can't recall exactly how that song goes.

It's like dreams bring out knowledge that is sort of buried in the back of your brain to the point where you can't access it while you're awake.

9. I hear sound in my dreams. I can also fly, fuck like a Greek God, and kill the best of 'em without breaking a sweat... I guess, this all points to the sole fact that I am fucking amazing, eh?

10. #30 SpaceGuru, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2011
    That's really interesting. I've heard it speculated that our right brain is the dominate force in our dreams, and to be able to bring up the riffs, drums, and vocals of a tune is no doubt a right brain function rather than left.

Has anyone had any reading experiences while dreaming? Most of the time, I can't read things at all, the words never come together. I do remember a dream moments before waking where I read about the origin of the names of days: Thursday had something to do with Napoleon's exile to Jupiter lol. That's the only one I remember, but they were all pretty incoherent I'm sure.

11. i never heard/sound anything in dreams.. i usually remember the essence of a dream, expect my very first at like 7 i remember vividly