PH won't change after flush

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Tslik, Dec 25, 2011.

1. #1 Tslik, Dec 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2011
    Title says it all pretty much. Plants getting really yellow on bottom leaves, some necrosis, droopy leaves, though I transplanted them a few days ago. I think the soil ph must have been waay off (5's or something)

I decided to flush yesterday after noticing a lot of deficiencies, figuring it was just a build up of salts. Much to my suprise, the ph of 3 of my babies were less than 6, one as low as 5.4!

I put about 15 - 20 gallons through each 5 gallon pot (water ph'd to 7.2) and no noticable change at all. Well, apart from MAJOR ph flucuations during the flush. One reading said 4.5 :eek: While most of the time it was between 5.1 - 5.9.

Anywho, to get to the point, I've added about 2 tbps of garden lime to the top layer, and watered each plant with 2/3 a gallon of 1/2 strength 20:20:20.

Also, babies are just about to turn 1 month. So proud of them :D

Don't know what I should do next. Just wait it out and hope the lime kicks in? Or is there something else I can do to help things along?
    Any help appreciated :)

Tslik.

Edit: Also, using el cheapo soil that I'm sure came with gnats (which is almost solved now due to some denim :) ) 400w hps 6'x6'x6'10" mylar tent temps range from 79f - 84f

2. I know about FFOF, and I don't have anywhere to get some this soon.

What I'm realy asking is, how do I raise my PH? They are showing heaps of deficiencies. I've added regular garden lime to about 1tbps per 2 gallons.

How else can I raise the PH safely? It's really low, low 5's. water in was 7.2

3. This stuff is good HTG Supply - General Hydroponics 2 Pack pH Up & Down dry

If you have a hydro store by you they will have it. If not a nursery might have it. Otherwise order it from that link where you can also get FFOF. A nursery might have other pH up remedies such as clam shels etc but I like that ph up stuff.

4. That's a big fluctuation for the ph. Get some ph calibration solution and check ur ph meter again. Maybe it needs some calibration.

5. Great idea!!