First Grow Journal - White Russian and Northern lights x Skunk #1

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by ChronicProblem, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Happy new year chronic!

They always look so cute when small! :D

I wouldnt mind getting some additives, just a little late now tho! haha.
    Next round I guess. Ive got a lot install for the next run!

What are the little seedlings under atm? MH or CFL?

2. they are currently under MH.

i noticed that some of the leaves are twisting a little bit and newer leaves have a little bit of yellowing, im not sure what is causing this any ideas?

3. Just in time for me to wake up! haha

New leaves and what not will be a pale green, i kinda flipped a little when myn were a little bit lime green yellowish on the new shoots.
    Can you take a pic of the twisting? i cant for the life of me image it properly atm!

4. i'll post pics in the morning my camera's battery is dead right now,

there isnt a whole lot of twisting, but you can see it on about half the plants, also there is purple color starting around the pestioles, with a light green/yellowish color on the newer forming leaves.

it sounds like a mg deficiency and the first couple times i watered them i used tap without letting it sit out first and i've heard that CL- can lock out the mg, so it could be a possibility, im gonna wait and see if it progresses any more. i've also heard that the purple color could be coming from cold temps and it has been getting pretty cold at night, so i bought a space heater to help keep temperatures higher and more steady, and also raised the plants up onto a desk to keep them off of the cold floor.

hoping for the best...

5. i have puplrish red stems after colder nights, its nothing to worry about, it could just be the strain reacting to a lower temp. Where as the yellowish pale green on the new leaves and that is normal. it just needs time to start working the magic.
    Ive used tap water without letting it sit on seedlings and also my bigger ones when something happens or i forget to give them water thats been dechloring. If it persists and follows the leaf when it starts getting bigger. then it a problem.

I knoticed on one of my stunted plants, that when it started growing and booming again the leaves turned that colour and i freaked out, overthinking it. To me it just means their growing.
    From what iv seen so far anyways!

6. well, i went down this morning and the plants are looking better, but i did notice some white mold on the top of my soil, not alot, i was able to just pick up and remove the pieces with it on it, probably due to bad airflow around the plants.

you think if i add some fans and let the plants dry out a little bit it will stop?

7. You def need good air circulation around your plants. But im not sure it would stop it, Need someone else to chime in on this one!

8. hey everyone, i apologize about the lack of updates recently, but after a week of searching for my battery charger for my camera i decided to just buy a new one so that i could put some pictures up.

the plants are getting alot bigger. temperatures are around 65-75 and humidity is between 45-55. ph of the soil ranges between the plants from 5.8 - 6.4. as far as i can tell these numbers all look good.

i bought a couple of new fans and they mold on the soil has gone away and haven't seen it come back. there is pretty good growth at the nodes on a few of the plants and the others seem to be following right behind.

i got a TDS meter to see just how hard my water is and well...500ppm. i do have a water softener, but it uses salt to soften the water which i have read is even worse for the plants, so i have purchased a 50gpd ro unit and am waiting on it to arrive. i am using rain water in the mean time, which is sitting at 5 ppm.

it has been about 3.5 wks from seed today. when should the pre-flowers start to show? another 2wks or so?

hope all is well with everyone

Attached Files:

9. ok i have some problems now it started on one plant and now it is looking like the other plants my have the same problem starting. it started with the yellowing of the lower leaves, and the one has brown spots developing on it and i really have no idea what could be happening. they have been under 400w hps bulb 20/4 cycle. temperatures at the canapy are around 70-75 degrees humidity is around 45-55%, i have been watering them with pure water the past two waterings. we did have a power outage for about 45 min during the light cycle but this was happening before that and it wasn't for very long. any ideas would be of great help....

the last two are my best healthiest looking plants one is WR and the last is the NLxSk#1

thanks in advance
    -Chronic

Attached Files:

10. Looks like an N deficiency. Yellow lower leaves like that usually indicates it not getting enough nitrogen in the nutrients. Make sure while its in vegetative growth you use a high N nutrient when feeding.

11. Nice hydro build!! Plants are looking good man, agree with hannum, just a little N deficiency. I add ¼ cup of alfalfa to 5 gal water and let it sit for 48 hrs, stirring it up every now and then. Makes a good veg tea.