Organic Cloning

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jerry111165, Dec 23, 2011.

1. On not the space savings, and no HID lighting required. The plastic test tubes don't need it. Lmao

2. Wow lmao, I gotta see one.
    Can you post a pic for our enjoyment.

BeZ...V

3. Here you go - lots of plastics cups, some agar and a vessel full of hopes and dreams - not to mention schemes.

LMAO

[​IMG]

4. :devious:

5. #85 SkunkPatronus, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2012
    With tissue culture you can grow your favorite plants in small glass and plastic containers in very small areas, saving space and light. Imagine cutting parts from your favorite plants and seeing them generate fresh shoots and roots before your eyes. The new plants explode with bushy growth energized by the nutrients and hormones. In commercial applications, roses are flowered in tissue culture and orchid growers use tissue culture to speed up new growth of their valuable new breeds. Now you can employ these same techniques at home. Universities and research companies maintain expensive laboratories for multiplying their valuable plants and exposing their hidden genetics, but the same practice can now be easily done at home.

Instead of taking cuttings from a mother plant that requires lots of maintenance, space, and equipment, you can multiply plants in small self-contained glass jars. This eliminates the traditional the care and tending of mother plants and allows for an even greater bank of plant genetics in a smaller space; no need for watering/nutrients, eliminates bug and pest infestations, no HID lighting or ventilation required.

Why Micropropagation?
    - Replaces Mother Plants
    - No Bugs, Pest, or Care required
    - Greater multiplication
    - Super starts
    - Vigorous, bushy plantlets
    - Less space and light (eliminate your mother room)
    - Unlock hidden genetics
    - Jars make transportation easy and shippable
    - Easy and fun

* 20 Glass jars
    * 30 Lids
    * 1 Plastic tray for jars
    * 16 Plastic grow tubes with lids
    * 1 Plastic tray for grow tubes
    * 6 Plastic growing tubs-500 ml with lids
    * 3 Establishment/multiplication kit (pre-measured), makes one liter
    * 1 Rooting/growth kit (pre-measured), makes one liter
    * 1 Stainless Steel scalpel
    * 2 Scalpel blades
    * 1 pair Stainless steel forceps 8"
    * 1 Stainless steel washing screen for Mason-type jar
    * 1 roll PVC sealing tape
    * 1 set pH testing papers
    * 1 set pH correction solutions
    * 1 illustrated manual
    * 1 instructional DVD

How contradictory can ya get? You don't need a 'mother' plant at all, you just need to take samples from a 'mother plant'. ???

6. But it's 'fun & easy' - like most of the young women I dated after high school.

LD

7. "Universities and research companies maintain expensive laboratories for multiplying their valuable plants and exposing their hidden genetics, but the same practice can now be easily done at home."

Wow! Now we can duplicate the results of a million dollar tissue culture lab in our own kitchen (for only $185).........Who would have ever thought?

PW

8. Soil, *plop*, water with other plants....or home made 5-gal aero cloner + RO water pH'd to 6.1 and done. No covers, domes, misting, etc.

"Who told you to go and do all that crazy hocus-pokus shit?"

CIR

9. #91 WeeDroid, Jan 10, 2012
    I have a question for those that don't use domes, bags or some such. Do you folks let your cuts root in a high humidity environment? I find if the humidity is not high enough for the first 2-3 days, I get wilt and the cuts die. Domes are just easier, for me, than misting every 30 minutes.

10. #92 LumperDawgz2, Jan 10, 2012
    I have no idea what the phrase 'exposing their hidden genetics' means in the context of reproducing plant material but that could be part of my senility issues. Or maybe it's the sarcasm thingie.

Back to another phrase there about universities and research centers. Yep - that's true and in fact if you were to contact the horticulture schools at many of the universities that jumped into the tissue-culture deal 20 years ago, they'll probably offer to sell you one of the units that they have in long-term storage.

Oregon State would definitely cut you a deal on their units that they've tried to sell off to large nursery operations at auctions, listings through trade publications, etc.

Complete and utter failure - did someone really think that selling a $10,000.00 system to Farmer Bob was a viable business model? Not to mention the mandatory 30-day class somewhere in Ohio - no class, no customer service.

Maybe one of the big cannabis co-ops in California could use something like this! LMAO

LD

11. Harborside Clinic in Oakland CA and or Steep Hill Lab might be interested. ;)

12. #94 LumperDawgz2, Jan 10, 2012

If Oaksterdam U could send over their highly educated staff (not to mention motivated) to work out the kinks (with or without Ray Davies), this could be a real financial boon for the 'compassionate clinics' - cue the Kleenex jingle. It'll help.

Veganically speaking of course.

[​IMG]

13. #95 CommanderInReef, Jan 10, 2012
    For my home-made aero-cloner...I don't tune the environment humidity. Whatever it is is what it gets. For when I just plop my cuttings into soil, they have always been in a smaller area with their parents and it's generally 50-60% RH in there. All I do is trim the big leaves down about 1/2 way and that's really it. Keep the soil wet...or try to. I've had them dry up between watering without any issues.

I remember the first time I tried rooting cuttings. Rockwool, seed tray with dome....2 months of slow progressive failure warranting only one barely rooted cutting. I think fresh air and lack of water (except where there should be roots forming) is the way to go. I'm guessing this forces the cutting to close down it's stoma and go into survival mode producing the needed hormones.

CIR

14. I use a power cloner (water misting reservoir for cut stems/roots, dome for leaves) and have been very happy with the results (especially given what I was able to do before), but have heard enough people say they just plunk it in soil (or a cup of water) and away they go. I'll have to give it a try. :)

My cutting techniques have improved so maybe there is hope for me. ;)

LD I own a Oaksterdam University sweat jacket. Not because I attended classes there. I bought it at a hemp trade show. I just wanted to show my support for higher education. :D

On a political/social level, Oaksterdam is a milestone by any measure. :)

15. WeeDroid do you just use Aloe juice in the cloner?

BeZ...V

16. #98 OhioStateBuckeyes, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
    i HATE cloning in the winter. its hard to live a busy life & maintain a clone dome when the humidity in the room is at 20%. no, i dont have the money for a humidifier right now. and the 5 gallon bucket full of water sitting in the room isnt helping much either.....

cloned in a mixture of aloe goo from a leaf & raw organic honey. half peat half coir. than a handfull of EWC in the soil mix i whipped up for them. they all looked great for the first two days, until i came home to a dry dome after an 8 hour day. they're looking a bit sad now....hopefully they'll bounce back. but my intelect tells me they wont. they're not bad, i just see the glass half empty.

think i should turn my seed warmer off? i think it actually may help with the humidity....evaporating a little bit from the soil the cuttings are in.

well see how this batch turns out....

-OSUB

17. I hear that. I bought mine after winter last year, when u won't really need a humidifier they'll be half the price they are now if you get one off the shelf.

BeZ...V

18. BeZ. I haven't been using aloe vera, but will now. I'm in the middle of a bunch of gardening projects and space management projects, but once most of it settles down, I'll revisit taking cuts and see what I can see. My mother plant right now has just been moved and is in intensive nursing due to neglect.

OSU and BeZ. Some simple dome ideas. Clear (cheap) plastic cups that you use for picnics or plastic sandwich bags attached loosely to small pots.