Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

co2 vs butane round 1

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by co2xtractr, Dec 19, 2011.

1. c4h10 a hydrocarbon with 4 carbon and 10 hydrogen molecules to its chemical formula vs one molecular carbon dioxide, pure as snow white 99.999% purity. from crude oil hydrocracked into butane thats clean burning per se not clean to extract with. the other is a non-toxic gas, that is food for plants while butane has increased greenhouse gas on our ozone depleting. co2 is a leading green way to save on the costs of energy to steam distallation, which is an energy intensive method, or to most typical traditional solvents being toxic and leaving residues or in the case of butane, odourants used to detect leaks eg. sulpher that are difficult to remove once introduced to the extract. co2 has a tunable property to it. the pressure temperature relationship is widely manipulated from about 60 bar, to a more favorable 400-500 bar. now butane in a can is about 17 psi a little over 1 bar, when supercritical butane is employed @ 580 psi, and 306'f it has much more solvating capabilities. esp when a good resident time is spent in contact with the matrix 1-10 hrs is nice. so when compared to the types of pressures that can be achieved by additional gentle heatmakes a big pressure difference crushing the matrix and scco2 fluid dissolves whats being squeezed out of the cellular walls of the plant matter. its a good idea to use oxygen compressed at this time for the additional pressure and extracting valuable oxygen terpenes characteistic flavours and odours can be preserved with the hot gas solvating more than it could of without it. again no inherit taste left behind as o2 is pure product to inhale.

2. How about you learn how to paragraph first?

3. You'll have to excuse him...he cannot form a thought to save his life, but if you follow his posts you will see he is an extractor genius.

4. this means nothing.

5. Why have yo not been banned yet? Every week you create one of these threads to sell your own bullshit which is all BULLSHIT.

Reported for once again making yet ANOTHER thread to sell and hype YOUR shit.

6. Your still on about this shit? i hate to be the one to say it, But pics or gtfo

7. Just re-read it and i've come to the conclusion that he's a tweaker. It makes sense if you read it with that in mind

8. hey do i even get hot threads w the red envolope on fire? and critisize my puncuation? i am the co2 extractor, supercritical himself. i love all the hate. its a funner way to extract, seriously.

9. You seem like one of those genius types that can't for the life of them properly express their thought processes, therefore you get trapped within your own mind because no one understands your ideas quite like you do

10. Why all the hate? Let the guy do his thing. He's done nothing wrong as far as I know...
    if you don't like it, don't open the fucking thread.

11. hey thats a great open mind capable of learning new things. check out my how i xtract w co2 video on youtube.

12. youtube my video co2 420 extractions, then talk your shit.

13. 420 honey oil extraction co2 - YouTube

Is this your video?

You are a fucking tweaker! Good luck blowing yourself up. Learn a thing about supercritical extraction before you kill yourself and more importantly your neighbors or dog or something.

14. do you even know how much psi a full tank of co2 is fuckin lame? its 1200 full my vessels go up to 3000 psi and my work horse 10,000 psi. pressure relief valves save lives, while fires can really kill my high. so i dont like butane cause fires are a burn. i will post product picts and before and after pictures of myself sober, then blasted by co2 oil.

15. here is a ban in process lol

16. pics or get out of this thread. I'm sure there are some nice gibberish forums where this would be better suited.

17. We are not meant to understand him only to live in his shadow

18. [quote name='"co2xtractr"']
    do you even know how much psi a full tank of co2 is fuckin lame? its 1200 full my vessels go up to 3000 psi and my work horse 10,000 psi. pressure relief valves save lives, while fires can really kill my high. so i dont like butane cause fires are a burn. i will post product picts and before and after pictures of myself sober, then blasted by co2 oil.[/quote]

Sorry bro. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I thought you were using the CO2 for supercritical extraction. I didn't see any release valves, regulators, burst discs, or bleed valves in that video. It looked like you spraying some CO2 into a jar. I would shoot for a little bit higher PSI. If you read into patents for extractors or studies done about super critical extraction it looks like they pump a significant volume of SFE CO2 through the material to achieve their results. It doesn't seem like SFE CO2 is the best solvent for these types of extractions. But at least you aren't giving us all a bad name by blowing up your BHO lab.

19. haterz be hatin and i have no idea whats goin on here.