What Hydroponic Nutrient Do You Use??

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by jakesterjammin, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Hi..

I do a modified Lucas with GH and R/O water. You can see my formula with the link in my signature line.

Thanks

2. I heard that GH is going to do the same thing....
    Not sure if it's just a rumor or not, but I heard GH is working on updating their nutrients line...

:confused_2:

OK, let me :bolt: before the flaming starts.... LMFAO :D

:wave:

3. by any chance do you know any nutrients company, that makes just one Fertilizer that has it all in ONE ? just to maximize space n time !

4. GH FloraNova Bloom, Lucas formula, FTW!

Why? It works fantastic, is as simple as it gets. All your nutrients in a single bottle, no additives, cost effective, and the results are awesome.

5. General hydroponics FloraNova Bloom has enough of everything for your plant to thrive on, all in one bottle.

6. Wouldn't it be fair to say that generally any two part formula is going to be the same as the lucas formula? All you have to do is add 10mL of A and B and see how much the ppms go up by, then you can figure out how much to add to reach your desired total.

7. Many people grow with just MaxiBloom and do a fantastic job. MaxiBloom is more complete than people realize and it can totally be used as a 1 part nute. Start searching the net for MaxiBloom grows and you may be surprised to find a large group of dedicated fans out there.

8. I use Plant Agra 9-15-30 Builder and Calcinit with magnesium sulfate added depending on the plant... Costs about 75 bucks to have 25 lbs each of the two primaries shipped to you. Should be enough for about 2800 gallons... Not a bad deal if I say so myself. The exact amount per plant varies with the varities. I never grow more than one type of clone in each tub to avoid unforseen nutrient uptake fluctuations...

9. CO Jones,
    I use Jacks 5-12-26 + CalNit and Epsom is basically magnesium sulfate, so it's really cool to see someone else subscribing to a similar formula. You are right about the 25lbs bag lasting many many years to the point of worrying about the shelf life of it. I also grow a single strain at a time. My current crop at the moment is Vanilla Kush and the nute formula has been working wonderfully thus far.

10. Not too many of us out there that is for sure. Most people think that getting conned by brand names is cool.... My current grow is Mataro Blue though I generally run Killing Fields through it. Should be awesome..

11. Hi..

There are many variations on the LF that use other 2-part systems. Since they all don't have the same N-P-K ratio, you would have to modify the ml/G amounts to achieve the same levels as the LF using GH products. Here is a link to a Ask Lucas thread from some other (inferior) board that discusses using different brands. Ask Lucas - Cannabis-World

Good Luck!

12. Bump to keep alive...
    Happy new year everyone!!!

13. advanced nutrients ph perfect conn' and 3 part all you need, water, ph perfect. oh and water with fish in it. aquaponics :0

14. Ya, that's pretty cool...
    I wish they would expand it, so it includes their secondary elements (products)...

It does give you an exact formula and mixing ratios to dial in their nutrient...
    NICE... :ey:
    BUT General Hydroponics NEEDS TO ADD ALL THIER PRODUCTS AND LET YOU PIC AND CHOOSE!!!!

:wave:

15. BUMP to keep the thread going..... :wave:

Hard to believe that out of a half million members only a handful used nutrients.. :eek:

16. I used GH lucas on my first grow.

Now I'm using AN Ph perfect 3 part.

Two questions for you people.
    I've got a pretty sweet set-up (IMO)

1 400w Mh bulb with/3000k spec. In a DIY cooltube.

1 68W 4100Lu 2700k cfl bulb..(I was going to put two or three CFLS in the room to bring me temp up from 72F to 84-86F Saw that Giant bulb and was very excited, Worked perfectly.

2x4x7 Tent,
    2 lowes 5 gal buckets with a 18 gal res. (RDWC)
    Last but not least...c02 injection.

Heres my question. With this setup should I fork over the extra 100 for some AN additives? (all i have is G/m/b) Oh and hydrozeme and koolbloom (from last grow)
    Is it worth it? (im looking for potency im not a seller.....yet.)

Question 2. Can I insulate my buckets some how to keep that damn heat out of my res?
    I'm not too worried about it. I love the room so going up there and dropping 2L of ice isn't worring me.

17. I use the GH maxi series. Maxibloom powder diamond nectar flora nectar liquid koolbloom florablend floralicius plus koolbloom dry powder. Works great real simple and cost effective. Although wouldn't mind trying AN. The pic is some cheesy dream product of the maxi series lol

ForumRunner_20120107_224242.png

18. you could try taking another bucket. wrap a layer of 1 inch insulation around ur first bucket then drop it into ur second bucket and there you have an insulated bucket. u would need to make sure ur starting res temp is 20% below ur target temp cause pumps will make the temp rise.

19. House and Garden Aquaflakes have never failed me.