The Grasscity Magazine Launch

Your new #1 Marijuana Resource, check it out and Disqus(!) Grasscity Magazine, share the love blades!

What Hydroponic Nutrient Do You Use??

• by jakesterjammin
  • Dec 18 2011 08:46 PM
  • 134 Replies
  • Please log in to reply
  • Done with it all

• jakesterjammin
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 9,108 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:46 PM

There is a relatively new member which asked if there was a way to start a poll which collects
what nutrients are people using and why...

I figured that I would post one up, because actually I'm kind of interested as well..

So, post a vote for what nutrient your currently using, and if you could please take a second to post why you use it.

Thanks,
:wave:

Edited by jakesterjammin, 18 December 2011 - 08:53 PM.

Replies (134)

• nrgpill
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 224 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:06 PM

DynaGro Protekt
Jacks Hydro
Epsom (only for the Mg hungry)
CalNit
Tea (RO + AF EWC + MycoGrow soluble + Botanicare ZHO + Blackstrap Molasses)

Currently in my pantry but probably shelved for good:
GH 3 part
DM LL
DM Saturator
SSU
Botanicare CalMag

How did I end up with what I use today? I spent too much time at 'i c m a g'... but really, both DynaGro and Jacks are complete when it comes to micronutrients. DynaGro's base nute has all 16 elements while Jacks has 13 (14 when using with Protekt)

• Version 2.1

• Unhinged
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:20 PM

Once upon to use AN but a better and cheaper local brand was introduced to my local hydro store and I absolutely love the line. Instead of having a million products they have a hand full. Some day soon I plan to do a side by side :).

• jb5355
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:23 PM

I use the whole fox farm line accept soil because I grow DWC and coco. I get pretty good results but I'm thinking about giving AN a try just to see if I notice a better yield or quality, basically I just wanna see what all the hype is about.

• Mr.Greeny
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 542 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:52 AM

I guess I should of selected the mix option. My buddy was over yesterday during my rez change. He was like "Damn! How many different things do you add to your tank?" I responded "Eight at this stage." He said "Jesus Christ that's alot!" I said"That's not even all of it!" Then I showed him my 6 bottles of different products I use to spraying. After being shocked, he said "I think I am going to stick with soil." LOL!

• del sexo femenino

• zoomme
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:58 AM

I guess I should of selected the mix option. My buddy was over yesterday during my rez change. He was like "Damn! How many different things do you add to your tank?" I responded "Eight at this stage." He said "Jesus Christ that's alot!" I said"That's not even all of it!" Then I showed him my 6 bottles of different products I use to spraying. After being shocked, he said "I think I am going to stick with soil." LOL!

Thats doing 2 much for me. But if it works for you.... More power to you!

• Done with it all

• jakesterjammin
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 9,108 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:14 AM

Ya I know what you're saying, AN's complete line is 13 different products!!! LOL

So in this side by side nutrient testing I'm doing, I not only got to change 1 res with AN, but then change another using GH, and mixing up another 9 different products... :eek:

So what products do you use from the GH line zoomme??

• Mr.Greeny
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 542 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:43 AM

I agree with it being too much. I only continue to do it because the nute recipe works so well.

• del sexo femenino

• zoomme
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:23 AM

Micro and Bloom (Doing Lucas). Then Bud Candy (AN's) in flowering. Kiss :)

• DILLIGAF

• Stoneth
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:41 AM

Genernal Hydroponics Flora Duo, liquiud and dry Koolbloom, Floralicious Plus
I also add AN's carbo load

• Done with it all

• jakesterjammin
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 9,108 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:16 AM

Micro and Bloom (Doing Lucas). Then Bud Candy (AN's) in flowering. Kiss :)

Something told me you use the Lucas formula..
I just wish that I understood it, because the last time I tried all I did was Posted Image

:o

• del sexo femenino

• zoomme
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:25 AM

I just wish that I understood it, because the last time I tried all I did was

8/16 ml per gallon....

• bongboi
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:50 AM

i use GH because of cost and rep

gro/micro/bloom
floralicious plus
florablend
liquid koolbloom
rapidstart

following recirc feed program from website

• Hydra Island

• biff11
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 437 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

Botanicare CNS17 line (grow, ripe, calmag) and GH Floralicious Plus as a supplement. Picked the CNS17 line for low cost and simplicity. Added Floralicious as a supplment because I'm doing DWC and thought it would be good for the roots.

• Organic Goodness

• Presure2
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:46 PM

I'm using an jungle juice micro and bloom for veg in the Lucas method, and will be using an sensi bloom for flowering, along with some big bud and bud candy

• ¡¡¡ ʇoɯs ƃuıʞod sı

• trichome fiend
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:52 PM

I just wish that I understood it, because the last time I tried all I did was Posted Image

...what are you not understanding about the lucas bro?

• DenialTwist
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 999 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:42 PM

I'm the only House and Garden so far. I wonder how many of the GH are down to people using the lucas formula?

Week 2 in flowering, H&G 2 part base, roots excelurator, multizyne, drip clean, AN Big Bud and Carbs, that makes it 7 different bottles, 8 with trace elements. 9 if I count a little bit of pH down. It's like a mad laboratory.

I also use Bud-xl by H&G in later flowering, it is supposed to remove the carbs from the leaves and put it in the buds. So this time I am adding AN carbs. Hehe...it's good fun :)

• del sexo femenino

• zoomme
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:20 PM

I'm the only House and Garden so far. I wonder how many of the GH are down to people using the lucas formula?

Week 2 in flowering, H&G 2 part base, roots excelurator, multizyne, drip clean, AN Big Bud and Carbs, that makes it 7 different bottles, 8 with trace elements. 9 if I count a little bit of pH down. It's like a mad laboratory.

I also use Bud-xl by H&G in later flowering, it is supposed to remove the carbs from the leaves and put it in the buds. So this time I am adding AN carbs. Hehe...it's good fun :)

TiHspeed uses H & G.

I was using the gh trio but only to use up the grow. Now, just running Lucas.

• here piggy piggy

• MIDLIFE
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:46 PM

the guy who helped me set my/our first grow room got GH GROW,MICRO,BLOOM and now i add GH Bio-roots.
well done on the poll dude
a relatively new member
Middy

Edited by MIDLIFE, 19 December 2011 - 09:55 PM.
sorry forgot to add GH ripen

• Done with it all

• jakesterjammin
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 9,108 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:00 PM

...what are you not understanding about the lucas bro?

I don't know, but the one time I tried it, I ended up with problem after problem, and then the suggestions in the forums only made things worse...

When all was said and done, I had some real nice rag weed home grown...
Never used it since...

Ever since, I've prefer using base + additives... :o

Edit:

well done on the poll dude

Shit, it was your idea, and a pretty good one too...

Just wish some of the old timers would step in here and post up their soups!! ;)

Edited by jakesterjammin, 19 December 2011 - 10:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved