What Hydroponic Nutrient Do You Use??

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by jakesterjammin, Dec 18, 2011.

1. #1 jakesterjammin, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2011
    There is a relatively new member which asked if there was a way to start a poll which collects
    what nutrients are people using and why...

I figured that I would post one up, because actually I'm kind of interested as well..

So, post a vote for what nutrient your currently using, and if you could please take a second to post why you use it.

Thanks,
    :wave:

2. DynaGro Protekt
    Jacks Hydro
    Epsom (only for the Mg hungry)
    CalNit
    Tea (RO + AF EWC + MycoGrow soluble + Botanicare ZHO + Blackstrap Molasses)

Currently in my pantry but probably shelved for good:
    GH 3 part
    DM LL
    DM Saturator
    SSU
    Botanicare CalMag

How did I end up with what I use today? I spent too much time at 'i c m a g'... but really, both DynaGro and Jacks are complete when it comes to micronutrients. DynaGro's base nute has all 16 elements while Jacks has 13 (14 when using with Protekt)

3. Once upon to use AN but a better and cheaper local brand was introduced to my local hydro store and I absolutely love the line. Instead of having a million products they have a hand full. Some day soon I plan to do a side by side :).

4. I use the whole fox farm line accept soil because I grow DWC and coco. I get pretty good results but I'm thinking about giving AN a try just to see if I notice a better yield or quality, basically I just wanna see what all the hype is about.

5. I guess I should of selected the mix option. My buddy was over yesterday during my rez change. He was like "Damn! How many different things do you add to your tank?" I responded "Eight at this stage." He said "Jesus Christ that's alot!" I said"That's not even all of it!" Then I showed him my 6 bottles of different products I use to spraying. After being shocked, he said "I think I am going to stick with soil." LOL!

6. [quote name='"Mr.Greeny"']I guess I should of selected the mix option. My buddy was over yesterday during my rez change. He was like "Damn! How many different things do you add to your tank?" I responded "Eight at this stage." He said "Jesus Christ that's alot!" I said"That's not even all of it!" Then I showed him my 6 bottles of different products I use to spraying. After being shocked, he said "I think I am going to stick with soil." LOL![/quote]

Thats doing 2 much for me. But if it works for you.... More power to you!

7. Ya I know what you're saying, AN's complete line is 13 different products!!! LOL

So in this side by side nutrient testing I'm doing, I not only got to change 1 res with AN, but then change another using GH, and mixing up another 9 different products... :eek:

So what products do you use from the GH line zoomme??

8. I agree with it being too much. I only continue to do it because the nute recipe works so well.

9. Micro and Bloom (Doing Lucas). Then Bud Candy (AN's) in flowering. Kiss :)

10. Genernal Hydroponics Flora Duo, liquiud and dry Koolbloom, Floralicious Plus
    I also add AN's carbo load

11. Something told me you use the Lucas formula..
    I just wish that I understood it, because the last time I tried all I did was [​IMG]

:eek:

12. [quote name='"jakesterjammin"']
    Something told me you use the Lucas formula..
    I just wish that I understood it, because the last time I tried all I did was

:eek:[/quote]

8/16 ml per gallon....

13. i use GH because of cost and rep

gro/micro/bloom
    floralicious plus
    florablend
    liquid koolbloom
    rapidstart

following recirc feed program from website

14. Botanicare CNS17 line (grow, ripe, calmag) and GH Floralicious Plus as a supplement. Picked the CNS17 line for low cost and simplicity. Added Floralicious as a supplment because I'm doing DWC and thought it would be good for the roots.

15. I'm using an jungle juice micro and bloom for veg in the Lucas method, and will be using an sensi bloom for flowering, along with some big bud and bud candy

16. ...what are you not understanding about the lucas bro?

17. I'm the only House and Garden so far. I wonder how many of the GH are down to people using the lucas formula?

Week 2 in flowering, H&G 2 part base, roots excelurator, multizyne, drip clean, AN Big Bud and Carbs, that makes it 7 different bottles, 8 with trace elements. 9 if I count a little bit of pH down. It's like a mad laboratory.

I also use Bud-xl by H&G in later flowering, it is supposed to remove the carbs from the leaves and put it in the buds. So this time I am adding AN carbs. Hehe...it's good fun :)

18. [quote name='"DenialTwist"']I'm the only House and Garden so far. I wonder how many of the GH are down to people using the lucas formula?

Week 2 in flowering, H&G 2 part base, roots excelurator, multizyne, drip clean, AN Big Bud and Carbs, that makes it 7 different bottles, 8 with trace elements. 9 if I count a little bit of pH down. It's like a mad laboratory.

I also use Bud-xl by H&G in later flowering, it is supposed to remove the carbs from the leaves and put it in the buds. So this time I am adding AN carbs. Hehe...it's good fun :)[/quote]

TiHspeed uses H & G.

I was using the gh trio but only to use up the grow. Now, just running Lucas.

19. #19 MIDLIFE, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2011
    the guy who helped me set my/our first grow room got GH GROW,MICRO,BLOOM and now i add GH Bio-roots.
    well done on the poll dude
    a relatively new member
    Middy

20. #20 jakesterjammin, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2011

I don't know, but the one time I tried it, I ended up with problem after problem, and then the suggestions in the forums only made things worse...

When all was said and done, I had some real nice rag weed home grown...
    Never used it since...

Ever since, I've prefer using base + additives... :eek:

Edit:

Shit, it was your idea, and a pretty good one too...

Just wish some of the old timers would step in here and post up their soups!! ;)