Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Problem since smoking "too much"

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Usermaatre, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Yeah well, I've had this problem for a few months now.

2. Get a vape, bong, or bubbler and see how that feels. I smoke every day and never cough cause I'm always hitting my bong.

3. If it's not enjoyable, why would you do it?
    He also never said he was against weed..

4. #24 Usermaatre, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2011
    I said less enjoyable, not not enjoyable.

I know he didn't, but he made it sound like he is:

While there are enough other ways to deliver THC, without any harm to your throat.

5. There is about 5 other ways. You can eat it, you can drink it, you can spray it, you can rub it on your skin, and you can take it suppository style :laughing:

Ingesting marijuana

Medical marijuana can be easily converted into suppository form. Begin with marijuana powder (pulverized) To achieve maximum benefit, marijuana must be pulverized to dust. You can purchase suppository kits (beeswax and mold) online or from your health food store. Medical marijuana suppositories are well suited for patients who are unable to eat or smoke medical marijuana. Keep them labeled and in the refrigerator.

Let

Whether or not a vaporizer will harm your throat depends on the type of vaporizer you have. Vaporizers that put the vapor into a bag would not hurt your throat because the vapor has time to cooled by the time actually inhale it, but cheap vaporizers like a vapor genie will still hurt.

6. You could probably inject it too. Ill stick with healthy smoke/vape methods though

7. No thanks.

8. [quote name='"Usermaatre"']

No thanks.[/quote]

I obviously agree....lol was just saying that smoking obviously isn't the only way to get it into your system. Technically, there's quite a few.

9. Try using a bong, or stopping for a week, bro.

10. I know. =]

Like I said, I only smoke once or twice a week, usually in the weekends. So in a way, I stop for a week.
    Can't make a bong, don't have one of those metal pins to insert the weed.

Also stated that earlier in this thread.

11. You don't need to make a bong, if you can afford to pay for your stash, you can afford a $15 glass bubbler. :)

Using papers, tends to give many people 'smokers cough'. Not all people, but quite a few. I can smoke gram after gram in a day, but if I smoke just a few little joints a week, I get a sore throat, that goes away entirely once I stop using papers for a while (regardless the type of paper, from rice to hemp... Raw papers seem to be the best for me, and give me the least amount of irritation with the most use).

12. I get my weed once every X months, so I can't just go and grab one. =[

Also, I never got a sore throat from smoking. It started when I smoked too much. I just want it to be like it used to be. Like this:

> Roll a spliff (no tobacco)
    > Light it up
    > Take a deep hit
    > Don't feel anything on my throat
    > Keep toking until finished
    > Still don't feel anything on my throat

Above also works for the occasional joint I've smoked with a friend of mine. I've used Smoking Blue, Gold and Brown. Not a problem.

But like I said, I'm going to finish my current stash and take a break for a few weeks. Let's see what happens.

13. Excusé for the double post, but I want to mention that I've smoked a Northern Lights in a brown paper. I can confirm that the small time-amount of t-break did me well. It might also be due to the lemon tea I had due to having a flu. Damn you cough. Drank 2 cups of it a day, for 3 days straight. OR due to lighting it, taking a deep breath away from the sticky, exhale as slow as I inhaled and then take a medium toke.

14. Try eating a banana so it can clean/clear up your throat because I had this happen to me and it was due to eating after smoking.

15. No no, my problem is during smoking.

16. [quote name='"Usermaatre"']

I get my weed once every X months, so I can't just go and grab one. =[

Also, I never got a sore throat from smoking. It started when I smoked too much. I just want it to be like it used to be. Like this:

> Roll a spliff (no tobacco)
    > Light it up
    > Take a deep hit
    > Don't feel anything on my throat
    > Keep toking until finished
    > Still don't feel anything on my throat

Above also works for the occasional joint I've smoked with a friend of mine. I've used Smoking Blue, Gold and Brown. Not a problem.

But like I said, I'm going to finish my current stash and take a break for a few weeks. Let's see what happens.[/quote]

t-breaks and smoking less will help, but its not going to get completely better unless you don't smoke joints (its not a spliff if it doesn't have tobacco). It'd be nice I'm sure to go back to how it used to be, but smoking isn't good for your throat, especially that method, and overtime it isn't something that can go away as long as you cut down some. I would recommend trying to save up for a decent bong that would last you a while.

17. Don't really liek bongs though. :/

I know, but it sounds better than sticky tbh.

18. Hmmm, well thats fair haha.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of bongs have you used? Or is it just that you don't really like the smoking atmosphere when using a bong?

How do you feel about bubblers? Or scientific bubblers?

But in the end, if your preference truly is joints then thats that. No point smoking unless you enjoy it.

19. I've only used a home-made bubbler. But yeah, it's the atmosphere I dislike. It's not as chill and relaxed as smoking a joint.

And I'm not sure about what a scientific bubbler is.

I think my preference lies within the fact I'm Dutch. Almost nobody here uses a bong. Most people try it once and decide they like joints better. On the contrary, I've heard that a lot of Americans use a bong.

20. Yeah I always hit my bong haha. I've only smoked a handful of joints in my life, not nearly as much of a fan.

A scientific bubbler is basically a very well diffused bubbler, often with a stlyle of perc for diffusion, but in a small enough package to be considered a bubbler.