Miracle Grow: Moisture Control Potting Mix

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hubba, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Is this stuff any good? It states that it feeds plants up to 6 months.. Uhh.. Protects against over and underwatering. It also says it grows plants twice as big. I know this is all marketing campaign stuff but I also heard that MG isn't good. What do you guys think?

2. if its miracle grow it is not for marijuana and its junk imo, they are trying to make a cannabis fertilizer or might have already but its probably junk also

stick with the real stuff make and marketed for weed growing - or go totally organic and dont pay for fertilizer really if you have the space to do that

3. Well why is it so bad? I thought it worked for everything?

4. idk if its just me but i never had any problems with MG potting mix, MG potting soil, MG moisture control, orr organic. Its time release nutes are only good for a couple of weeks and at the rate of growth for a new nute hungry seedling after your first flushing at a month honestly you should be fine. They dont HAVE "hydro" stores around here or "grow" shops. Everything people get around here they either order online or walmart/lowes/homedepot. They dont carry Fox Farms at any of those around here and honestly ordering dirt online to a city just LOOKS suspect especially when ANY cop worth his badge is gunna know if they ordering FF ORGANIC online theyre probably growing. Hell I used dollar store dirt cuz I couldnt get miracle gro. My plants still grew to 3 ft in 3 gallon pots. If you do all the other steps properly using MG shouldnt affect your end result unless you cant correct things early.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Honesly . used to be a MG anti Nazi! Lol but... The MG seed stater and Mg moisture control have both worked. And ARE working till I get this a bit bigger, lay some roots and TP to 8 gal gardenmate felt pot with my fave fave FAVE! soiless medium.. 50:50 fox farms Coco Loco: Happy Frog.. ZERO pH or burn issues. Nice, lovely loamy aerated potting mix w Guano, blood nbone meal, a pH buffer, EWC perlite, greensand, n everything your babies need from first sign of bloom to chop!, here's a strawberry cheese cake in MG moisture control. Going into "happy coco"" mix this week. She looks good. No burn. 1511682415041-1308024020.jpg

6. The time release nutes will cause you problems depending on how heavy your plants like to eat. I used MG my first grow and had toxicity problems. Ended up having to flush twice. It can and does work for people but just kno it will be more work to keep your nute intake under control. It will be difficult to get your feedings dialed in and consistent. I would only use it if you have no other choice, my 2 cents

7. Sorry, while not an MG fan, just because a bottle has a cartoon of a rainbow-haired Rastafarian with a dube hanging out of his mouth on the label, doesn't make it any better than one that doesn't. Buying weed specific nutes generally has you paying for fancy packaging and the salary of the cartoonist. I hate companies like AN who prey on ignorance as much as I do MG.

8. The issue with slow release nutrients is that you feed every time you water rather your plant needs fed or not. Water activates the release of nutrients. Often resulting in burns and toxicity issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MG products work. I have used their soil and nutes with great results. If you don't like their politics, I understand. Don't buy their products. That aside, their products work if used prperly and for the right application. My 2 cents

• Like Like x 2
  10. i get the miracle gro nature's care. all the home improvement stores have it. from my exp its pretty neutral and works great. just remember to add some perlite

11. I used that for bean popping and cloning. It hold water so it keeps things nice and moist which is what I want for these applications. Therefore, I don't add perlite but otherwise I would.

12. That stuff is for houseplants and garbage cans. You will actually produce very little, and very low quality bud using it. Speaking from experience from my first grow.

13. People are going to bash you for MG soil. I agree they aren't ideal but I've had many great grows with MG 3 month feed(what your talking about). I've had great yields too. Your plant will deplete the MG of notes quicker than 3 months. It does give nute burn which is hard to avoid but price for soil/yield it's still a good soil.

Now Amazon has a sale on FFOF with free shipping rn. $10 a 12qt bag. That's like $3 more than the MG per bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  14. Just a noob that doesn't know anything but I did okay I guess. No burns but definitely slows growing. My pops had a damn near tree but it's a normal mine is auto and it doesn't have enough nutrients for the appetite of an auto. 20191119_211158.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I use MG and it worked fine for me. I think a lot of growers just repeat what they read and haven't actually even used it...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Was it a normal seed and did you add nutes?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Yeah just some bag seed...I waited about 3 weeks and added some bloodmeal...using superbloom for flowering

18. I have two in MG right now. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. These are about 30 days old in miracle grow...I only added blood meal a couple days ago...

Attached Files:

20. Just bagseed and added very little nutes for the ~month of veg I gave them, now using ff 1/2 strength bloom nutes and see no problems with the two in MG