Occupy the World says plant weed in public places

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ~SherM~, Dec 17, 2011.

1. So we should plant apples? I like apples too, they take longer to grow though, and that wouldn't really get any message across, unless we were saying "apple orchards, everywhere bitches"

2. [quote name='"yoctown"']How about we start this thread with a normal cannabis environment.

Apples can handle pretty cold temps and not much water. I want to plant seeds everywhere. But we should handle figuring out on how to do it simply, cheap, quickly, and effectively. They haven't came up with any of that so they are just talking out their asses. Come up with a real plan and get back to me. I got better plans then "plant seeds".[/quote]

Look man if you got better things to do fine. I personally think it would be a hilarious show of solidarity if news reports around the world stated coming in about a worldwide plague of urban cannabis activists. Like I have this clone mother thats really greasy, and stretchy, and I figure come this spring I'm going to break off like ten or twelve clones and strategically plant them around Edmonton, and send a fucking message. That message being" everyone in the world smokes this shit, so stop prosecutting people, and breaking up families over stupid shit like weed".

If you're not willing or able to join so be it.

For me its more about sending a message, than actually creating a wild north american strain of cannabis.

3. Sry I am thinking on a bigger scale. I want it to become indigidous. I want to breed a strain that can survive somewhere naturally in my state. And then plant hundreds of seeds that would survive year after year. I want it to not be able to get rid of. We should be using it for out foods, clothes, plastics and fuels. Sry if you got the wrong Idea. I just don't think they took the proper approach. Anyone can plant a few seeds that will be picked in a few months. I want something that is going to last generations naturally and maybe even thrive in its new environment.

4. [quote name='"Dissec"']

So we should plant apples? I like apples too, they take longer to grow though, and that wouldn't really get any message across, unless we were saying "apple orchards, everywhere bitches"[/quote]

Haha im prety shure he didnt actualy mean to go plant apple trees everywere for marijuana awareness.
    Im prety shure he ment that the marijuana does not originate in america, and it needs special treatment to be able to survive outdoors in a north american environment

But meybe after a while it would adapt and be able to grow easily in a colder season, like the person above was sayin

5. #25 yoctown, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
    Do you know the story behind johnny appleseed? He planted them for cider production. Yep alcohol.

But YES I LOVE APPLES! Never tried apple cider though :(

I just want a cannabis species that is here to stay because our founding fathers thought it was patriotic to grow hemp and wear hemp clothes. And this was for a good reason.

6. [quote name='"yoctown"']
    Do you know the story behind johnny appleseed? He planted them for cider production. Yep alcohol.

But YES I LOVE APPLES! Never tried apple cider thought :(

I just want a cannabis species that is here to stay because our founding fathers thought it was patriotic to grow hemp and wear hemp clothes. And this was for a good reason.[/quote]

You've never got drunk off apple xider? Really? Wow...that sucks

7. hemp seeds which are actully more like a nut are better for you all the way around. than any other seed or nut known to man more protien and less bad cholestoral,and it has all the amino acids your body need's,which no other nut or seed legal or not has

8. ron paul 2012! legalize hemp!

vote if you can

9. ron paul 2012

10. I'd venture to say it can grow in most parts of the world, pretty much all of America. I mean hell, it grows in Russia and adapts, it isn't a year-round plant so it wouldn't grow like that, but just planting a bunch of bagseed isn't a horrible idea. Some plants will grow, some won't, the weaker genetics will be weeded out by natural selection.

11. So should we germinate them then just plant them every where?
    I think we need to do it in feilds and sun lit forest first just get em every where.

Then once we have that covered just throw thousands of seed near highways and national Parks. Fuck yeah.

Ima grow some plants just to pollinate and make a shit load of seeds.
    What would be bad ass was if the seeds we plant spread to all the shit load of wild hemp and ditch weed up north and some how cross bread so there would be no ditch weed. Every thing would have at least enough thc for a good buzz.
    So then when the government comes around we can just go out and find a plant.

12. I've been doing this on my yard and my neighbors yard for months. not 1 has popped up *sad face*

13. Right, you shouldnt expect to get anything from the plants that you plant out in public. Im not talking about those plants. Im talking about plants that people have growing outdoors that have nothing to do with this "over grow the government" thing.

14. If you live in the country, dirt mounds beside county highways are good places. The soil is loose already and they have a better chance of making it. I spotted a 5 foot plant in the ditch this year/looked like Mexican dirt, but who cares? I say plant them anywhere there's sunshine and loose dirt. Some will make it.

15. [quote name='"trisikad"']I've been doing this on my yard and my neighbors yard for months. not 1 has popped up *sad face*[/quote]

Really? Why not? What kind of climate do you live in?

16. As people said, you'd pollenate other growers dank bought sensi weed with your shitty bagseed. Sorry but it may sound cool and all but destroying people's efforts to grow their own seed free weed is something I disagree with. Too much work and risks involved. This idea is recurrent on the boards.

17. Yes we should be using it for all those products. Of course you are thinking of industrial HEMP not smokeable Marijuana.

Can't say I will be smoking industrial hemp any time soon but I would sure love it if all of the paper I used and ink was hemp. I wish the clothing I could easily buy at a normal store at a normal price was hemp, since I cannot afford to spend 50-100 per shirt on hemp clothing because of the import tariffs in this country. It is as versatile as the peanut and easier to grow. It takes less water and less nutrients over the long run that paper tree plantations and could replace crops in this country that are currently used for the same purposes less efficiently. My guess is American farmers would jump on the wagon as fast as they could if it was legal and I think it might actually help our economy right now to start a thriving industrial base of new hemp products to sell the world. Maybe even make some jobs for our citizens from farming to manufacturing and processing.

It is not the hypocrisy that keeps these products from your hands and lives. It is greed plain and simple. Why do rich fat cats want to change anything when they are already living the privileged life. Until the people are educated and their eyes open nothing will change. Greedy is all around us yet while we bitch about the very very greedy we ourselves are almost always just as greedy at our own level. This is not a top down change. This is a bottom up change. The little man must give up greed at every level and press forward and fight for it harder than ever. We have a lot more to lose as peasants than those potato farmers did 1000 years ago. Those at the top have become much more entrenched in their seats of unscrupulous power and will be harder to oust if they deserve it. I am not looking for economic equality. That would be communism and we see how well that can work (Cuba). I can't say capitalism is working much better right now either though.

Protesting use to work. Although in my memory the last protesting that worked in this country was the civil rights protesting of the 50's and 60's. In those protests people had to die to be heard and for any change to finally come. I would ask all these 1%'s how many of them are willing to die for equality? How many are willing to find out what a water hose from a fire truck feels like? I don't normally rant like this but we have become a weak people that for the most part are not willing to fight for what they believe anymore. Protesting like we do will not work in this case. The politicians are in bed with the bankers who are in bed with the Fortune 500 companies. This is not good and we have let it go to far. In my humble opinion we have stepped past the point that common protesting will work. Names like Marie Antoniette and Bastille prison come to mind lately when I think of what is going on in our world.

I don't normally digress like this but I was feeling agitated about it.

18. What if you had a spare few 100 seeds, you could put em in bags, envelopes whatever and put then in peoples mail boxes (use gloves while handling packaging). Then everybody in your neighborhood will be growing! sweet. You might even make front page of the newspaper.

19. I'm doing this with my buddies' bag seeds

20. Tell me again why you'd want to pollenate other folks grows and ruin thier hard work?

:confused_2:

jerry