1st auto grow, what medium is best?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Rossta420, Dec 17, 2011.

1. #1 Rossta420, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2011
    Hi, Just starting my first autoflower grow. I will be starting my girls as soon as my query is answered. I'm growing grassomatic maxigom. I am using a 1000 HPS and also have 400 MH. growing on a 4x6 ebb and flow table. That being said I am looking for the best medium to grow my autos in. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also what nutes work well for grassomatic strains and does anyone out there have a nute schedule for this strain or auto's in general.

2. I cant find one on any sites.I have take to less is more after a few auto grows.The best soil I found is root organics original.they also make a brand called 707.I been using fox farms nutes for all my grows and what i do is no feed for 15 days then I slowly start feeding cutting the fox farms feed schedule to 1/4 of there recommended.I work up over a period of 3 weeks to 1/2 strenghth.Tried working autos to full strenghth but they always get nute burn so for me 1/2 strenghth works .Make sure to flush your plants about week 4 or 5 to remove salt build up .

3. #3 Rossta420, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2011
    Nice thanks for the info. I am wondering about going with the rockwool and hydroton combo. Which fox farm products are you using? Also when do you hit them with bloom formula? as soon as you see a flower starting?

4. Seeing your going hydro, start feeding as soon as the false leaves(feeder leaves) start to yellow, because plain old water doesn't have nutrients in it like soil does, just go very slow with the nutes. I'd say start them out at 100ppm and work up from there. If you monitor your TDS level, it will tell you if your feeding enough or not. Here is how I do it, pick a start point, I always begin my regular/photoperiod seeds at 150ppm, once the roots hit the water I begin monitoring my plants every day and when the TDS reading starts falling(drop 50 points) I up the level of nutes by 25-50 points. 25 in the very begining and 50 points after the first couple of weeks. Also, if your TDS reading goes up you need to drop the nutrient level cause their being overfeed. Hope this makes sense to you and good luck with the auto's.