Is 23 old?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Jiggly PUFFED, Dec 14, 2011.

1. I'm 23 and will be 24 in Feb. Is that old? I feel like I'm not succeeding fast enough. I'm one semester from my Associates degree then transferring to a university in Fall 2012.

I just feel like I'm not going at a fast enough pace. Like time is flying and I'm not somebody yet. So many details to list to get into it but does anyone else feel like me?

I feel like my prime is already over.

2. a man is in top physical condition and shit or whatever around the age of 30 i believe, your still young man.

#:cool:

3. Dude...you're still a youngin', you just haven't figured anything out yet.

I'm going to be 41 next month, and I still don't know what I wanna be when I grow up, and I got my BA 5 years ago.

4. I thought physical peak was at 25-26? Then it's downhill from there. Something like that scares me :/

Wow, well how did your life change for you once you got your BA? Were you still you? Did your lifestyle change? And what IS your dream?

Your words gave me a degree of comfort believe it or not lol.

5. I'm 64! You are 23, and you feel "old"? ROFL!!! [​IMG]

Hon, to me it sounds more like you are flirting with depression! Are you taking your Omega 3? :confused:

Deficiency of Dietary Omega-3 May Explain Depressive Behaviors (news - 2011) Deficiency of Dietary Omega-3 May Explain Depressive Behaviors. - Free Online Library

How Long Before Fish Oil Works on Depression to Lift Your Mood? How Long Before Fish Oil Works on Depression to Lift Your Mood?

[FONT=&quot]Long-Chain Omega-3 Fatty Acid Deficiency in Mood Disorders: Rationale for Treatment and Prevention. Long-Chain Omega-3 Fatty Acid Defic... [Curr Drug Discov Technol. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI[/FONT]

This body of mine may age, but I am NOT "OLD"! :yay:

Granny :wave:

6. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']

Hon, to me it sounds more like you are flirting with depression! Are you taking your Omega 3? :confused:

Deficiency of Dietary Omega-3 May Explain Depressive Behaviors (news - 2011) Deficiency of Dietary Omega-3 May Explain Depressive Behaviors. - Free Online Library

How Long Before Fish Oil Works on Depression to Lift Your Mood? How Long Before Fish Oil Works on Depression to Lift Your Mood?

Long-Chain Omega-3 Fatty Acid Deficiency in Mood Disorders: Rationale for Treatment and Prevention. Long-Chain Omega-3 Fatty Acid Defic... [Curr Drug Discov Technol. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Granny :wave:[/quote]

Granny I just wanted to publicly thank you for relentlessly posting this info....I got some omega 3 based off you saying it was good for depression and bipolar people...after two months I feel really great...switching to hemp seed oil as soon as I'm out of omega 3....

Your the best....I'm so happy you always help people with you giant collection of information you have on MMJ as well as on seemingly non related items

OP listen.....

7. Thank you! I'm not into taking pills to alter my mindset (besides weed lol) but I think you pointed me in the right direction...Maybe I am depressed. I'm one of those types that is to proud to be depressed though. It's a battle within myself. Thank you for your words of encouragement though :)

And WOW you seem to be loving life right now! I hope I can be like you at that age :)

8. haha this is the attitude everyone should posses

9. Your prime is over. It sucks when you look back at all the things you were able to do when you were a kid but you can't do them now. If you do them than you might get hurt bad or end up in jail.

Just keep on the path you're going. Plenty of people are like 34 years old and are just getting to college. I'm 24 and still almost got my associates degree! Should've had it years ago!

10. #10 wht2give, Dec 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2011
    I've always looked at age this way:
    30 and less - Young
    40 - Getting older
    50 - Pretty old
    60 - Old
    70 - Really old
    80+ - Rolling down the hill old.

EDIT: Granny! if you read this, refer to the below posts!

11. I just want to be somebody successful. I want to change the world, I look at people who are billionaires or changing the world and are like 20 and 21. I just feel like why am I different? I'm intelligent and have a clutch mentality.

I just feel like at 23 I should be someone in a higher position. I dont know :/

12. Dayum, you just called granny old. Better run.

13. Uh oh...SHIT you're right!
    Um..Time to make up some bullshit.

I also believe, age is just a number.
    Age is experience, and when you decide you're tired and ready to give up.
    You're old.

14. ???
    Granny is super old.

15. If you have to ask, then you know the answer.

16. Things will happen fast enough, and no 24 is NOT old. The best thing I can tell you is to keep taking classes. Invest in yourself mate.

17. maybe you're 23 and not where you'd like to be because you're slightly to mildly retarded. omega 3 is a mind altering substance? omega 3 is naturally occurring in the brain numbnuts. as well as fish tissue. omega 3 keeps the mind sharp and the body fresh. you NEED omega 3 to be healthy. you don't need weed to be healthy. it is "brain food". get off your faux high horse.

18. Actually, no my life didn't change all that much to be honest. I spent 18 years (I graduated HS in 1988) working towards my degree, the last two (2004-2006) at UCLA going balls to the wall and buckling down.

RIGHT before I graduated I was laid off from my job which was more or less full time depending on school schedules. My plan WAS to grow with that company which was a credit card processor, but they have since gone out of business. I temped for quite a while, but then our daughter was born in October.

My first REAL job after graduating I was able to leverage two different offers and get a GREAT starting salary (45K) but that didn't work out (Health Insurance Brokerage) and since then I've just temped and taken care of our daughter.

My dream is to publish a novel and I'm working on two of them at the moment, but I have severe writer's block and it's not getting much better. some days are better than others.

BUT you are only 23, you have a LIFETIME ahead of you, don't worry so much! You'll figure it out.

19. #19 Jiggly PUFFED, Dec 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2011
    Noticed that she wasnt talking about pills but a substance. Didnt want to edit or reply saying I misunderstood.

lol, sorry. I would negative rep you if I could. Such an ass you are. I hope you don't act like that in real life. Hopefully someone will see this and neg rep you for me :)

20. your brain doesn't even finish developing until around 25-26 so how can be old?
    lol, if you're under 25 you're still considered a high risk driver...