Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best way to light that bowl

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by yavuzgtr, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Now here's a question... if all you have are matches and a bic, which would you choose? Bic, or matches? I noticed matches usually get me higher..

2. matches, fresh light everytime and no fuel

3. [quote name='"LovingTree"']Now here's a question... if all you have are matches and a bic, which would you choose? Bic, or matches? I noticed matches usually get me higher..[/quote]

I've been in that scenario a few times before, and I've chosen matches. But the difference would be tiny.

4. You mean you would pick burning a solid mass (recycled cardbord ink n diapers)sulfer matches....than a gas(butane)

edit unless its a jay. No matches on a bowl

5. [quote name='"hippie4u"']You mean you would pick burning a solid mass (recycled cardbord ink n diapers)sulfer matches....than a gas(butane)

edit unless its a jay. No matches on a bowl[/quote]

....You bring up a pretty good point.

6. I hit a bowl with matches like 5 times back when i didnt have anything else and wike up in the middle of the night with my throat like on fire haha. It was the phosphorus or something.

7. Eh, idunno though. Sometimes I feel like matches get me higher, and they corner better, since the flame isn't as intense as a bic.

Do you guys scorch it or corner?

8. [quote name='"LovingTree"']Eh, idunno though. Sometimes I feel like matches get me higher, and they corner better, since the flame isn't as intense as a bic.

Do you guys scorch it or corner?[/quote]

I corner, and that was the main advantage of the matches. But if there's health issues, I'd stay away. I only corner bowls/bubblers though. If it's a bong I'll pack a snap and take that in one tastey green hit.

9. if im with friends i might corner so they get a good hit, if im by myself i scorch cause i want my first hit to bomb

10. Are the hakkos or herb irons battery powered?

11. [quote name='"sonocroc"']Are the hakkos or herb irons battery powered?[/quote]

No you plug them in. Only difference between the two is an herb iron has a button, whereas the hakko is on when its plugged in. Theres a search for the cordless one though.

12. hmm good point. lol but don't they make different kinds of matches for specific things, like they have little match packs for cigars or something? Im not sure someone correct me.

13. [quote name='"Heosphoros"']

No you plug them in. Only difference between the two is an herb iron has a button, whereas the hakko is on when its plugged in. Theres a search for the cordless one though.[/quote]

Man! I was getting really excited for this new lighting tool lol only thing stopping me from buying one is the lack of portability:/ other than that it looks really amazing

14. [quote name='"sonocroc"']

Man! I was getting really excited for this new lighting tool lol only thing stopping me from buying one is the lack of portability:/ other than that it looks really amazing[/quote]

I use my glass rod when Im on the go, and just bring my torch lighter to heat it. Its a bit of a hassle but very worth it. Besides weed is expensive, no need to rush it.

15. i love matches. but does any1 else use zippos a lot too?

16. [quote name='"snowz4life"']i love matches. but does any1 else use zippos a lot too?[/quote]

Na, zippos completely ruin the flavor, and they burn inefficiently so you inhale a ton of fuckin nasty shit

17. Some one needs to make a sticky about lighting utenzils. Zippos in my book and wiki's article on naptha are unsafe for pipes and makes joints cigs taste like gas

18. [quote name='"hippie4u"']Some one needs to make a sticky about lighting utenzils. Zippos in my book and wiki's article on naptha are unsafe for pipes and makes joints cigs taste like gas[/quote]

Ill ask the team what they think man, perhaps we can get one up in toking tools

19. [quote name='"Sirsog"']

Ill ask the team what they think man, perhaps we can get one up in toking tools[/quote]

For sure, it's a great thing for people to know. They're some of the most noticeable changes for the least amount of money.

20. [quote name='"Heosphoros"']

For sure, it's a great thing for people to know. They're some of the most noticeable changes for the least amount of money.[/quote]

Plus then we can end the "what's hempwick?"
    "What's an herb iron" stuff lol

Get a thread with all the info