Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best way to light that bowl

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by yavuzgtr, Dec 13, 2011.

1. We are talking about torch vs wick. Which is healthier. Talking about soot. hell idk

2. [quote name='"hippie4u"']

Good question...im not sure. A torch looks cleaner (no soot). But what about what you cant see. And No im tired of people saying that torches get to hot. Hold it sideways and slowly lower it to your bowl. You will find the right distance. It just takes some butane and practice. 100% combustion of a torch flame dosent effect taste like a bic,, but most people dont use torches right. They light the whole bowl or hold the flame straight down and too close. Losing most thc[/quote]

I havent used my torch to light my bowl in years. You're making me wanna give it a shot haha. I just have them to heat up my glass rod. I guess it shouldn't matter though, my hakko beats them all :smoke:

3. Hakko 456-16 FTW!!

Which model do you have

4. [quote name='"olylongbord11"']Are you fucking retarded?

Do really not know how to set weed on fire? You need advice on how to smoke weed? This thread confuses the shit outta me[/quote]

There are 6 common methods I could tell you off the top of my head. I've personally used 5 of them, and there are many differences between them. It matters in terms of health, taste, experience, and potency. I don't think anybody's retarded, but I have to say the thread isn't all that confusing.

5. #45 damienm420, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2011
    NONE OF THEM! hahah use a VAPORIZER.
    but honestly the iron is the best. You can sort of control the heat, it depends. and you aren't getting any extra heat from a flame. Toches are the worst thing you would want to use unless you like dissintegrating your weed so there is nothing left after one hit.

6. [quote name='"hippie4u"']Hakko 456-16 FTW!!

Which model do you have[/quote]

the 454 25W =]. I don't know how much it changes from model to model, but I <3 mine.

7. Your vaporizer is like my hakko. If you have a nice one. Ceramic heating element. And unless you have the ssv with the clear vapor path haha, i could build one out of my hakko and a glass cover that would be kick butt.

8. [quote name='"hippie4u"']

Your vaporizer is like my hakko. If you have a nice one. Ceramic heating element. And unless you have the ssv with the clear vapor path haha, i could build one out of my hakko and a glass cover that would be kick butt.[/quote]

This. I can vape my bowl if I want to OR smoke it. Or....both ;D

9. Ive got the 63 watt. I hold it about an inch to vape and 1/2 tp 1/4 in to smoke. Hows yours. Will it light a bowl easy. Ironic... f it ima bout to light a cigar wrap with my hakko..Healthy:hello:!! no

10. #51 Heosphoros, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
    [quote name='"hippie4u"']

Ive got the 63 watt. I hold it about an inch to vape and 1/2 tp 1/4 in to smoke. Hows yours. Will it light a bowl easy. Ironic... f it ima bout to light a cigar wrap with my hakko..Healthy:hello:!! no[/quote]

Mine isn't as hot as yours probably, but it's similar. I just go ahead and touch it to smoke, but all it really takes is laying it accross the bowl. If I hold it just above the bowl (not really sure how much above, certainly not a lot, as close as I can comfortably hold it there without it touching) then it vapes within seconds, but it works best if its quite ground up.

EDIT - Read your post, and I couldn't agree more. It's the best investment I've made. I got my hakko/wand for the supposed taste improvement, but was absolutely shocked that it got me significantly higher.

11. if you are careful with a torch like hippie4u said they are ok but its still pretty easy to end up burning it too much.

12. hippie4u "Your vaporizer is like my hakko. If you have a nice one. Ceramic heating element. And unless you have the ssv with the clear vapor path haha, i could build one out of my hakko and a glass cover that would be kick butt."

ya i have two nice vapes. the Arizer Extreme Q and the Arizer Solo. both ceramic heating elements glass on glass. The EQ is for when im near an outlet and Solo is for on the go. and ya that would be pretty sick do build that haha

13. Yea when i got mine i was like 45 or 63 watt i was so confused but i for sure wanted to light a joint with it so i got the 63. Thats when i was into smoking. I tried vaping with it and loved it but 1/2 inch above to vape lets alot of air into the mix. I think i want the 25watt now. I mostly smoke so mine works great for now. Plenty of power left over haha. Like you said it has to ground fine and dry. Thats why i later invested in a space case 2 piece titanium small. Very fine grind.

14. i like to use a tiki torch or a lightsaber...

15. [quote name='"GrassCtyCitizen"']i like to use a tiki torch or a lightsaber...[/quote]

Light sabres work best, what color crystal though... I find blue to just not cut it.....

16. I use whatever I actually find. Usually a toch since its big and hard to lose lolol

17. [quote name='"hippie4u"']Yea when i got mine i was like 45 or 63 watt i was so confused but i for sure wanted to light a joint with it so i got the 63. Thats when i was into smoking. I tried vaping with it and loved it but 1/2 inch above to vape lets alot of air into the mix. I think i want the 25watt now. I mostly smoke so mine works great for now. Plenty of power left over haha. Like you said it has to ground fine and dry. Thats why i later invested in a space case 2 piece titanium small. Very fine grind.[/quote]

Ahaha, I also have a 2 piece space case titanium small grinder. And yeah things great, I can do as fine as I want or just give it like a full turn just to break it up a little. I've never tried lighting a joint or anything like that with my 25w though. I have a cigar I was gonna smoke at some point, kinda curious to see if it'll light haha.

18. Blue produces the hottest laser duh. Red and green.. you can have more watts in that crystal but it still won't get as hot as the blue. Its true but idk why

19. #60 hippie4u, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2011

Yep yep, might as well have the best. I hate to break cheap stuff and buy it again to break and then buy another one.. haha buy it once. love the space case. a little beeswax on the rim makes it smooth as ice. and helps stop scratches. Ive got a 3 in grinder 4 piece where i dump the weed on the screen (sometimes) and get pollen that way.

You ever been burnt by your hakko. Mine grazed me but didnt leave a mark for more than a day or two. If i didnt have this microphone holder from radioshack on a lamp i would have already burnt the house down. lol. I got a free stand with it but it looked like it would brake the ceramic so now the hot end points up with the mic. holder.