Larsko's Closet/Barn/Box Grow (Part 1)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by LarsKo, Dec 12, 2011.

1. I started this grow just about a month ago after me and my buddies found 6 godly seeds in some amazing green we were toking and took it as a sign

My plan was to get one good mother and let the rest do whatever, but I wanted all six just to be sure to get a female. (My last grow had 4 plants all male :devious:)

After germing the seeds for a bit in a moist paper towel, 3 sprouted taproots and 3 never did anything, so after planting the 3 I went ahead and grabbed our seed bag from all the mids we smoke and plucking out a dozen or so of the ripest looking seeds to germ, then picked three of those. so the three that I know are some sort of chron have about a 4 day head start.

I started with all six plants in my closet under 4 CFLs (2 with low temp and 2 high temp) with a Hawaian Breeze Fan blowing to increase air flow and stalk strength
    When I could I gave them 24/0 lighting but occasionally put out the light for 6 hours or so during parties or if I had company then after a while switched to a 20/4 light cycle

11/12 Planted First three seeds
    11/15 planted second set
    11/17 One of the HQ seeds, this girl is named Savannah, most of my pics are of her and she has been chosen as the mother plant
    [​IMG]

11/20 Savannah has already grown so much!
    [​IMG]

11/27/11 Savannah is and one of the other goodly seeds are now really showing a lot of undergrowth. One plant started showing discoloration in a few of its leaves so I removed it from the room. My end goal for this is to have a viable mother plant so that I can start making my own clones for more legitimate grows

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12/03 At this point, the remaining 5 are growing too big for their pots and too big to be sharing the light in my closet. After taking these I switched them all to larger pots but was short about a half pot of dirt so the wimpiest looking of the 5 was left in his small pot. It shall be my Bonzai tree

[​IMG]
    So you can get a better Idea for her size
    [​IMG]

12/7 I found out this day for sure that Savannah is a girl! I guess its an autoflowerer because its never had more than 5-6 hours without light.
    With this known I can focus on making her the mother and in the mean time, move the rest out to a non-functional bathroom in my barn to start going on a flower cycle (10/14)

12/9 These are the most recent pics. Savannah and the Bonzai are currently sharing the 4 CFLs as well as an LED panel donated by my roommate to help light the undergrowth (I turn it a quarter turn every now and then)

Those sexy little lady parts
    [​IMG]

Pic Showing my light set up
    [​IMG]

Obligatory LED Only pic to make it look 20x more Badass
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The other three are in my barn on a 10/14 light cycle under a HPS? light. The barn itself is non insulated but I have a small space heater keeping the room around 70-80 degrees from night to day and a fan to disperse heat from the light away from plants.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Shes looking really healthy bro, congrats on the girl! So whats the light cycle on 18/6? she might just be showing pre flowers but if shes a true auto's there's nothing you can do to stop her from flowering therefore you wont be able to make her a "mother."
    I would just keep her on the veg light cycle and see what she does. If she continues to produce more and more pistils you know not to bother taking any clones off her. the good news is you can keep her in the veg room and in 2 moths you will have bud and in the mean time you can veg more girls :)

3. How can i tell if its autoflower or just showing pre-flowers? and if its auto should I go ahead and set her to 12/12 or 10/14 too? or will she bud just as well otherwise

4. How long have you been vegging her out? You will know if its an auto because it will keep flowering without switching the light cycle. Autoflowers are actually better suited in 18/6 or 20/4 light schedule because the more light the better! I would leave her how you have her and if she keeps flowering "you will know within days because they will double or even triple there size in flowering." the first week they will stretch quite a bit!

LIke i said above you can keep vegging another plant out if you have the room when the autoflower is finishing up since they use the same light schedule. If you have anymore questions lmk, good luck!

5. Took some new pics today. Two of the plants in the bathroom are confirmed females and Savannah is still producing stamens off each new node. Guess that means she cant be properly a mother.

Would I still be able/should I re-veg one of the females from the barn? I think they're all the same strain that have shown female so if one's an auto I guess all three are. Theres always more seeds for next time I guess

12/13

The gals in the bathroom, lookin good!
    [​IMG]

Overhead canopy view
    [​IMG]

Meanwhile Savannahs growth keeps gettin hairier
    [​IMG]
    Canopy Shot
    [​IMG]

Undergrowth
    [​IMG]

Let me know what you think :smoke:

6. Looking very healthy! I would just leave them on the 18/6 schedule if thats what you have them on. If the others don't start to flower you could alwalys force to 12/12 and the auto's will still flower and get pretty big. I actually had to do that with my auto and she was off to the side and still got pretty big and dank :) Here's a link to her if you want to see, I also put up my new journal in my signature under the pic if you want to check it out:D Lmk if you have anymore questions, keep em green:smoke:http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-marijuana-growing/958720-white-dwarf-auto-new-member.html

7. Been a while since I updated... here's whats new

One of the 3 plants in the bathroom turned out to be male so I went ahead and chopped him. The other 2 are confirmed female so the final count is 2 female AK autos and 1 female from bagseed which I topped so its got 4 main apical meristems.

Most recent pics are from 2 days ago but I'll take more soon

12/17 - The 2 girls in the bathroom are getting TALL :hello:
    [​IMG]

Her leaves are bigger than my hands o_O
    [​IMG]

Savannah is ever impressive though, white hairs coming from almost every node :D and sooo bushy
    [​IMG]

Her new growth
    [​IMG]

I'm hoping to havest at the end of Jan... is this too soon? and should I put them in bigger pots? they seem pretty small and I wasn't expecting quite this much growth.. Let me know what you think! :smoke: