Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mission to make Brownies composed of vape bud & kief!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Kief Collector, Dec 11, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

I just got the magic flight, and i really feel like it is a beautiful piece of artwork. And, it is an innovative device. I've been collecting the bud that I've vaped, as well as my kief, and I plan to make brownies. Each of those test tubes holds a gram of the vape bud.

i hear it takes about a quarter ounce of regs to make a batch of brownies,

so I figure I'll need about 7 tubes full of vape bud, as well as that one full tube of kief, should make for a fine batch of brownies.

I just ask of you guys...is this a good idea? Or even possible?

2. it's worth a shot. But I'd be willing to bet that youd get pretty fried my dude.

3. Nice, is that a mflb ?

4. That's badass man. Where can I get some of those tubes?

I think I would just press that kief and vape all the yumminess and just make vaped bud brownies

5. cool man, by fried do you mean high?

yep!!!!!! thanks to it, my highs have been way more stimulating

you can get those tubes on ebay for really cheap. i got a bag of 10 for like $2.

do you think a q of vaped bud in brownies will be sufficient to get me & a couple of friends really really booted? even without adding the kief?

6. For vaped herb, I would do 2.5-3x the amount for fresh. However, kief should stem off that .5

7. ^ I see, and what amount of kief would I need for that .5 to be stemmed?

8. .05-.1 should do it

9. ^ Are you serious?! That's all I need?!!! I'm pretty sure I already have far more than that, and the kief tube is still not full!

10. if you want brownies with avb you will need a dose of 1g per bloke so 5 friends you need 5 grams but for brownies that allot of brownies youd have to eat

i recomend firecrackers for vaped bud 1g each and you will be completely baked bonkers, and you wont to do proper brownies i hear people say with vaped bud they save like 15 to 20grams so they only have to eat like 1 brownie

cause more brownies in your stomach the longer it takes to kick in and that why some people get like lit for 2 to 3 days from eating a few brownies.

firecrackers when done correctly start affecting on empty stomach after about 30 minutes and a tip with vaped bud edibles you will need coffee or caffeine or gaurana drops to keep you awake cause that a motherload of couchlock and sleepiness, i did a 1.1g vaped bud firecrackers and stayed awake for 3 hours then passed out into the deepest sleep imagineable and it was the best 18th birthday party i ever had :) !!!

have fun!

11. ^ Is that just because I'm using avb? Or do brownies have a reputation of just giving o.d indica couch locks?

Also, I heard that for avb I can just add it to the brownie mix instead of doing some special thing to it...is that true?

And kief I hear is way more complicated...I need assistance gc!!

12. since vaped weed has most THC vaped out and stuff AVB is more couchlocky effect, dont get me wrfong you can still move around and stuff i did a backflip by complete accident on my birthday on my 1.1g abv firecracker, and yes with the avb you dont need to make butter from it you can just chuck it in but it absorbs better when made with oil, with my firecrackers i make it a week before hand then let it sit so any goodies from it can be absorbed into oil of peanut butter and then cook it for 10 minutes and then i have it, but yeah you can just chuck into brownie mix you be lit! i have eaten straight abv a pinch of it and got a light buzz but its better when made with cooked stuff.
    as for keif sorry man i still have not even collected enough keif to vape before just got a keif grinder so yeah i got no idea with what to do with that, maybe make the abv brownies then vape the keif as you eat the brownies and then the brownies kick in.

like i said before just make sure you have some form of caffiene or something :)

13. ^ That kief isn't vaped, broski. Just the bud is. I've been grinding my bud until it is very fine and then I collect all the kief, and put it all in its own separate tube. It's about halfway done now, I wonder how much I have now.

14. I made ghee with 1.5g vaped and .5g de-carb'd green last night in a rice cooker.
    Put a tablespoon ghee in an espresso cup melted, mixed, left it on overnight on keep warm for about 13 hours.

Got up late this morning.. made a coffee and cooked a sausage while I turned the rice cooker onto cook for about 10mins. Strained the solids out of the ghee; Drank the coffee, drank the ghee and ate it with the sausage.

30mins I was feeling a buzz come on, an hour later I was standing in front of a cupboard trying to make some sort of decision.. if only I could remember what... I was just so fuckin baked. Lasted a good solid 4 hours, but I didnt vape any until about 6 hours after eating it was still very chilled.

I feel that its best not to complicate the absorption with baked goods, so much crap in them. I get better results personally from eating the weed oil as is, or with a bit of meat or an egg.

15. ^ I see. I've never done any of this before, so it'll be a first. I need to get more bud & tubes

16. This is a large reply but I personally felt you were being given a bit of a bum steer by some of the information handed out in this thread.

You could just make 5 brownies only.

Yes it takes longer to be absorbed because of the food bulk, but in all of the times I have eaten 4 or 5 brownies, the equiv. of 4 or 5g of green I have never been lit for more than 12 hours.. 2 to 3 days is a ridiculous statement and idea.

I get couchlock stoned off any edible vaped or no vaped. the method of ingestion is much more of a factor. I don't get the same body stone from smoking vaped bud, or re-vaping at a higher temperature.
    Vaping is a good head high, smoking bongs is a good rush, head and full body high, smoking joints draws the high out longer and evens out the ups and downs from bongs alone, edibles are a good longer lasting full body stone, and smoking a pipe always hit my eyes first.
    Smoking Vs vaping - more likely to get couchlocked and tired from smoking - this is from some of the carcinogens you are inhaling.

You need to transfer the active compounds of the bud into a medium ready for absorption into your system, This is why we make butters and oils first, the active compounds piggy back their way into our system on the back of fats. To add directly to a mix that contains fat is extremely inefficient, while some of the active compounds will find their way into some of the fat, you are just wasting your gear to use it in this manner.

Sitting your bud in an oil based medium for a week is a very good idea, and I also think the quick heating is a good idea.. just to pull out as much as possible (don't anyone say anything about 'heat activating' Its just bollock) Although you might consider putting the gear in clarified butter/ghee and then put that between peanut butter layers (or nuttella because peanut butter is fucking disgusting). peanut butter is not only made up of fat, edibles are more efficient when you use a saturated fat. clarified butter(99% sat.) and coconut oil(100% sat) are the two best for the job.

Don't just chuck it into the brownie mix. Don't.
    Eating a pinch of vaped bud? Do you know what a placebo is?

I save my kief for when I start running low, then I smoke half weed half kief bowls and get fucked up.. I never cook with kief, I like smoking it too much and I can make good edible with vaped anyway. Only time I get kief into butter is when I clean my grinder it gets so much clogged in all the threading.. I throw it into a pot of boiling water, get it moving all coming out of the grinder, then chuck in a bit of fat let it simmer.. fridge it the oil sets on top, chuck the water away.

You don't need to make it in large quantities for it to be good. I make my ghee in single 'doses', 1.5 tablespoon of ghee for 1.5 - 2grams (all or atleast 3/4 vaped).
    Might be a decent idea to mess around a bit making small amounts, just so you get yourself comfortable with what you're doing and how much gear you personally need to use (tolerance, quality of product), what kitchen appliances work best. Its quite easy though, the only real thing that could fuck it up is being impatient. Baked goods are fun, but they're also unhealthy and the bulk can effect absorption, but I dont eat the butter alone, i eat it with a small amount of some kind of protein rich food. An egg, small piece of meat/chicken. I think the food stimulates your digestive system having your innards in a good state to absorb the good stuff.

17. dude when more then about 5 people try eating avb straight and get high that means its not placebo, also with avb the heat from vaporizing it is activating the herb making it eatable withought a medium, but when you eat straight abv your body destroys some of what it takes in.
    when i have a normal unvaped edible i find it very couchlocky but you can still get up and do stuff but with vaped edible i get a super couchlock where you just sit their and then sleep and shit whereas when i took it with some guarana drops it stopped me from just falling asleep. AVB has allot of the THC and the other head high parts of cannabis vaporized and when you then make an edible with avb you will tend to find depending on how vaped it is that it will give a very strong buzz with painkilling and sedative effects.

untill you have tried eating abv raw you are not alloud to debunk it. i got a great body buzz for around 4 hours and felt very sedated i admit it was not strong but then i did not use more then like .3 of a gram and so did allot of other people who tried it. why dont you read some information first.

as for cooking with abv you dont need to make butter with it or whatever but it will be allot more efficient when your body starts intaking it if its had time to absorb into a fat source that your body can process easier.

also when i make brownies i make batches of 16 not a batch of 5.

sorry if i offended you but allot of what you said was based off of information that is not correct.

18. People do not get high from eating the plant material.
    Placebo's are suggestive, and 5 young, naive and impressionable people can all experience the placebo effect. <--- this is the basis of a placebo. Its the power of suggestion. Did I not ask you if you knew what a placebo was?

There is no such thing as 'activating the herb'. (if you light a joint and smoke half of it, is the heat of the smoke that you are sucking through 'activating' the rest of the joint? can you put it out, and then just suck in cold air to pull your so called 'activated' compounds through? I think not)

When you vape, you vapourise the active compounds at temperatures high enough to cause the plant liquids to boil without getting to the point of combustion. Heat, within appropriate temperature range for the ganj, boils the liquids - with boiling comes steam, otherwise known as vapour. The absence of heat, means the absence of vapour. Once your vaped bud goes back to room temperature, whatever liquids and compounds are left in the plant matter are physically the same as the ones that were there before you vaped.

Your body begins destroying and breaking down everything foreign. Thats called an immune system response. Your body develops atibodies against foreign 'invaders'.
    Are you saying that your digestive enzymes destroy some of the active compounds of the plant?

As I previously said, the high from edibles are more of a body stone right off the bat. Yes very good painkilling effects, The prime reason for my using edibles is that I have rheumatoid athritis, lumbar disc disease with heavy sciatic and vascular problems. Green or brown, its relieves the pain. Smoking, vaping does not provide the same level of pain relief, even if I smoke only vaped gear. So, the thinking is floored in my opinion, because I experience nothing of the like. I know what you are saying though, when you vape at around 180 celcius thats around the boiling point of THC. If you don't crank it up, then the other CBD's that vapourise at higher temperatures are the bulk of the remaining compounds, these giving a more couchlock effect. I don't experience this. My edibles, green decarb'd or vaped, always give me a body stone. For me, its the method of ingestion that is more important. You say have caffeine or something around, but here is yet another difference - If I drink a strong coffee while I'm baked, It will kill my buzz. There are then of course other factors. Not all weed has the same percentages of compounds. I have some demon seeds here, and they all have different percentages of compounds in the accompanying information. one of my 70/30 indica dom is 13% thc and 22% cbds. Then there is a sativa dom that reports 18% thc and 18% cbd.

There is no such thing as 'activation', so there is no reason for me to eat the raw material. IE waste the raw material. I wouldnt get a buzz from 1g of vaped in butter A la my method, let alone .3 eaten raw, I'm not a lightweight - It would have no noticable effect. Why don't you go and read some information about this 'activation' thing. You are wrong.

That is what I said. You can put it into your brownie mix straight, because you will no doubt be adding some fat to the mix aswell. But, the extra bulk of food, in the mixing bowl, in the oven and in your stomach means it is extremely inefficient.

lmao. I said you can just make 5 brownies. I never said you can't make as many as you want. There was a comment about 'having to eat a lot of brownies'; hence forth the answer, dundadada.... make less.

My information is correct. Ive got my mad ghee, and you've got a chunk of brown grass in your mouth. Gotta floss afterwards?

I was trying to help OP not waste their gear, as some of your suggestions would have had them do.

I award myself another shrute buck!!

[​IMG]

19. like i said untill you try it you cant say it does not work, also i have a low tolerance so .3grams of abv did give me a slight buzz. also the other people who tried it are not young ignorant fools. i did this on my own and others tried it before and after me, the one basis of it working was with those that did not have a high tolerance, talk to some people in the vaporization club thread.

and cut the attitude what happened to being nice to people, if you remember what i put here is from my own personal experiences and those that have also tried it. sorry if you take offense that i dont think you are the smartest person in the world and know absolutely every single thing about marijuana on the contrary i dont know everything either so stop being an ass and be nice for a change.

and with the batch of 5 brownies compaired to 16 i said i only have ever made big batches never thought of trying to make smaller batches so just chill out mate nobody here is having a go at anybody. and the caffeine i never have a strong coffee i just said take some caffeine to stay awake if you read that.

also yes i do know what placebo.

we are all helping OP out here so just chill dude