Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need help with Kief brownies!!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by npjb22, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Yo, so yeah ive been trying to find a good recipe for a batch of kief brownies but i found that there seems to be a lot of speculation on kief brownies. Some say to just add the kief to the mix in its normal form. Others say that you need to make kief oil. I don't really care which way, i just want the best way. Also, what is a good ratio of kief to oil or how much kief should i put in one batch of brownies?

Please don't just post things like "Why not just smoke the kief?" because i want to make brownies lol. Me and my friends smoke a lot so we always have a ton of kief, so why not?

Awaiting your replys
    Thank you very much
    -npjb22

2. definitely make kief oil, and don't rush it, good oil takes some time. You would be wasting your kief if you didn't. I can't say how much kief you should use since i don't know how pure the kief is, how much you have, from what material (regs/mids/dank) your kief comes etc. You'll have to give us some more info cuz a ton of kief can be a gram for one person and 20 grams for another person.

When it's reasonably pure kief from dank, i would say 5g per brownie mix. You can make good brownies with 7g of dank, some people punt an oz of mids in, everyone has an a different dossage.
    I would make some with all the kief you have, be carefull preparing the oil, eat one and see how buzzed you get. the next day you can eat the 'correct' amount of brownies to get as high as you like

edit: use the search button and look for other peoples experiences on the forum

3. You haven't read the stickies, or tried the search feature yet, have you... [​IMG]

There's a whole thread just about devoted to it, stuck to the top of this very forum [​IMG]

You need to make an oil first, though. It's the same glandular material on your herb, and as such, it requires the same level of processing.. it needs activation, and it needs to be processed in a pure oil source to promote bioavailability.
    If it's under-processed, much of your potency goes 'in one end, and out the other' without absorption!

If made properly, you will need to eat less canna/material than you would normally smoke, to achieve a more powerful effect. Cut corners, however, and you'll find you need to begin multiplying your dose to compensate!

Photo Tutorial: Highly Activated Med Grade Bioavailable Hash & Canna Oils, Edibles, Drinkables and more...

(photo-excerpts, from the above tutorials...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. yeah i did, i just couldnt find a mix for 1 single batch of brownies that people agreed on. Either something requires a crock pot or is a recipe for like a pound of butter. the only video i found that seemed to follow what i was saying was a video by this dude name papakief. but he used a whole ounce and it just seems like the way he cooked it that he was wasting a lot of kief.

i do know how to read a forum and use a search bar. and ive seen threads where dozens of people say that you can just throw the kief in and that the brownies worked for them. but then i have other people like you who say that that will waste the kief and that the others are lying.

5. the guy in the video made butter with the ounce btw.

6. #6 BadKittySmiles, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2011
    Throwing kief, which is the same glandular material as is on your herb, into a brownie mix is absolutely a waste... just as much as throwing ground bud into a brownie mix, without making oil, is also a huge waste. It does not work at all for most people, and for those with super low tolerances if the multiply their dose, combined with the placebo effect, they're lucky to feel 'something'.

There is no single, one, perfect dose for everyone.. some people smoke a half gram a day, some people smoke an 8th to half an oz a day. You're going to need to consume roughly the same amount you would smoke, over the course of a day, to achieve a more powerful effect. And only you know what that amount is. :)
    The amount you use is entirely up to, and dependent on you, hoping someone else will tell you what you need, only leads to either disappointment, or it leads to greening out and an un-enjoyable, and too-overwhelming experience.

And I don't believe I mentioned using a crock pot, or a pound of butter, so you couldn't have looked too hard :p

Again, you have some reading to do, and everything you asked and needed to know, was already provided to you in my above post and link :)

7. How much kief per stick of butter?

8. How hammered do you want to be?
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    [​IMG]
    5 grams of decarbed hash
    1 tablespoon of coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon lecithin
    Heat 220 f for 20 minutes, Freeze, Reheat and call it done.
    makes 30 (0) sized caps. Really freeking potent ones. Start with a 1/4 filled cap and wait 2 hours before taking more. Do NOT lick the tools or your finger after wiping the dish clean. Ask me why ? LOL
    BNW

9. I'm not sure why everyone says it's a waste.. I always just throw a couple grams of kief into my brownie mix right before baking. Last time they came out so strong I felt drunk! My nana ate one a while before bed and didn't feel comfortable driving to work the next morning! Has always worked for me!