Bongsauce's new super cab! dual 150w Vertical hps + LED

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Bongsauce, Dec 9, 2011.

1. #41 LurkMode7.62, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2011
    well, I'm not sure that came out right, but it is designed to draw from multiple spots for constant, slow replenishment.
    from panasonic
    Panasonic FV-10NLF1 - WhisperLine 120 CFM In-Line Fan - Overview

So I was thinking one 340 CFM unit for several cool tubes, and a 120 CFM model for each box, if each box is about 4'x3'x6'--that would give a total air turnover roughly every 36 seconds before filtration reduces the effective CFM

Thanks for the links, I'll delve deeper :)

Edit: on closer inspection it looks like you are using the whisper ceiling, and I'm looking at the whisperline, which connects more like a standard inline fan
    2nd edit: the only thing I'd do different is use cut-to-fit carbon sheeting instead of loose carbon that can eat the fan. but if it ain't broke, don't fix it :)

2. yep we're lookin at different models..I use the ceiling ones..I've heard the inline styles aren't near as quiet. I've successfully cooled a 400w hps in a hood with a filter with a 150cfm, 6" duct whisperfan. ..also I looked around alot and cheepest ones I found were at 'wamhomecenter' :)

(ime carbon sheeting doesn't compare to loose granules)

3. sounds good to me. thanks boss!

4. few pics from last nite:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I decided to remove the socket extenders for a week or so...just a shift in light to get a little more to the tops. :wave:

5. Looking good bong! Really filling out that cab man!
    :bongin:

6. Subbed. Would you mind a link to the "This was inspired by Anti's kickass dual 400w cmh cab over at IC. Disco! Disco!"

I love verts, along for the ride. How is the smell with the carbon tray?

7. thanks mrderp :) she's getting pretty thick in there.

hi organichobbiest...just google "Seeking Critique on Vert Colosseum SOG concept." and the thread will pop up. The carbon tray is actually being pushed to it's limits, no smell yet though. I have a 4" filter on hand that I might hook up and recirculate in the room if I need to.

8. Ah man I just realized I've been reading the wrong one because I'm reading a Anti's CFL grow! haha

9. lol actually anti's stealth cab was the inspiration for the original design of this cabinet, shown in the first post. I remodeled my cab based on his new design ;)

10. getting filled with buds BS, getting excited!

11. Wow! Cool deal man....wish I had seen this a little sooner. Very interested to see how this goes for ya! Have a little dual vert 150 project I'd like to tackle someday in the back of my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  12. thanks alot guys :) I'll try to get a few pics later when the girls wake up. They're filling in nicely.

13. #53 Bongsauce, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2011
    sorry, here's those pics...it hard to get a good shot with those lights. I'll make better efforts when they are further along. :smoke:

leftside
    [​IMG]

rightside
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:wave:

14. Simply beautiful, my friend.

15. Hey bongsauce. Nicely looking ladies you got there.

I am actually doing sog solo cup grow and my roots are growing through the drain holes, should I replant again in another solo cup ?

It is on my dinafem journal.

16. I guess you could either trim the roots or pop out the plant and throw another inch of soil under it. Or replant into a bigger pot if you can fit it...I get a few roots growing out of my containers and I just let em dry out and die or I trim em off.

17. lookin great as always BS
    what kinda feeding schedule do you have the ladies on?

18. thanks! :)

I've been giving them h3ad's 6/9 (GH M/B 6/9) with 2 calmag per gallon ph'd @ 5.8 The last few waterings I've been going a little lighter on the micro and adding more bloom. Around 5/10 or 4/11 the last few waterings. I've also cut way down on the calmag. I'll give these feeding for another week or so, then I cut out all the micro and calmag for about a week, then I'll start to flush. I usually start the flush when I see the some of the hairs starting to die off, this works out to about a 2 week flush. GDP should start turning purple in about a week....I can't wait to watch her bloom, it's been a long time since I've ran her.

19. :wave:

few shots from tonite:

purple jem
    [​IMG]

^^ this is the one purple jem I have in there. She's kinda crammed in there..it's hard to get a good pic in the hps...it's hard to see but all the calyxes' are nice and purple. I'll probably pull her in a week or 2 and pollinate her. I also plan on pulling 2 S60's to do another seed run.

"L"
    [​IMG]

That's a shot of "L" an f1 cross of gdp/S60 that I selected to use in my gdp auto project.

---
    S60
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

in the last 2 shots you can see the weird trait that grows buds out of the stems...occasionally these 'extra' buds grow to be larger then the main buds :eek: You can also see the nice separated leaves and stuff...I dunno what that's called (varigated?)but it's pretty cool looking. :)

hope everyone had a safe new year !

20. Looking good BS!

Man those leaves look sick, and cant complain about the extra buds! :bongin: