Bongsauce's new super cab! dual 150w Vertical hps + LED

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Bongsauce, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Thanks everyone :wave: :D

here's a few shots from tonite:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:smoke: no nodes have hit the ceiling..but a few are within an inch now...the last shot is of the autos which jumped to 100% nutes a few days ago. Things are going good...watering about every other day.

:wave:

2. I was bored so I figured I'd snap a pic of how the carbon tray pulls out:

[​IMG]

The tray is just a wood frame with a solid mesh screen attached to the underside. It's filled with carbon and I've placed a screen and wiremesh piece over the top to hold the carbon in place and to make sure no carbon gets sucked into the fan. The fan exhausts out the back via a 4" duct from the fan that's adapted to a 6 x 12" opening for a normal heater vent. The vent is also upside down so that the air is focused upwards, away from the intakes. :smoke: ..also you can see a little light escaping by the back of the ballast...that's actually a little adjustable slide vent that creates a slight negative pressure in the electric area in order to remove some of the ballast heat.

I'm so excited for this run, have I mentioned that? ;) I can't wait for that GDP, I haven't cropped her out in almost a year. :eek: I find myself just staring at them...wishing I could somehow put in some extra work to make them finish faster lol.

3. Your setup is the shit! I look forward to the day I can do something like this!

4. [quote name='"JDX"']Your setup is the shit! I look forward to the day I can do something like this![/quote]

I want to do this set up too. Instead of 3 door I will go for 2, pretty much what MG have but bigger.

5. Always amazing, can't wait to see the finished babies.

6. :hello: thanks for following along everyone :)

day 17:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

they're starting to thicken up and I think stretch is over. The autos are still stretching a little. So I'll probably wait another few days then rearrange cuz I want a little bit more clearance between topbuds and the ceiling. :smoke: I also want to set the hps's to come on an hour later so I have a 1 hour window to water at the beginning of the cycle without those things blinding me (I've been turning them off anyways while i water). I've been watering about every otherday, but I've decided to water everyday now.

Oh I dunno if I mentioned this. I'm running straight cocotek with h3ad's 6/9 @ 5.8 :smoke:

7. I wear sunnys all the time when im in around the 600W'r Helps alot with the blinding ahaha.
    But seriously its like looking in the sun!

8. :O it's like a wall of green...

9. I'm also using heads 6/9 @ 5.8 with coco. I have a couple clones ready to go 12/12 but I'm preparing the flower cab to have some proper air circulation and keep my temp low. The girls are looking really pretty, all hairy!!.

10. Looking great bro! Love the use of space, how much are you hoping for out of this run? I know its hard to guess but I'm just curious as I know you have a number or numbers in your head :)

11. #31 Bongsauce, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2011
    mrderp - yeh it's really bright man...if you look at the pics, the led panel looks like it's barely lit...but the led by itself is blinding.

thanks chili, that's what I was shootin for :)

mrflk - the h3ad recipe is the magic formula. ;)

tr33z - thanks alot :) I'm scared to reveal what I think I'll pull at this point, but I do have a number in my head ;) so far, things are going as planned. You'll just have to stay tuned, I promise I won't lie on what I thought I'd pull compared to what the final numbers are later. Alot depends on how the autos end up..they are growing in 12/12 and are multiple phenos from seed, so that's a huge variable.

*I crunched a few numbers the otherday, feel free to decipher them :D (not running at max capacity on this run btw)

-------
    62 - 28 x 3 = 84

62 x 2 = 124 - 28 x 5 = 140 ---5oz

62 x 3 = 186 - 28 x 6 = 168 ---6oz

62 x 3.5 = 217 - 28 x 8 = 224 ---- 1/2 LB

62 x 4 = 248

62 x 5 = 310

62 x 6 = 372

62 x 7 = 434

62 x 7.5 = 465 28 x 16 = 448 LB

(MAX)

89 x 2 = 178

89 x 3.5 = 311.5

89 x 5 = 445

12. damn bong looking really nice
    got that cab packed
    cant wait to see what u pull on the first harvest
    then compared to when you get it dialed in

13. Although I am super curious, I can't wait to see what you really harvest after all the hype. I know because it's going to be more than you expected though ;)

14. Subbed. and I'd really love to see more about how you mounted that whisperline fan. it's supposed to be able to balance multiple draw points.

15. lurk - I made a kinda wood frame to support the fan with a carbon tray that slides out. Here, hit this. I got the idea from Bulénath over at IC...here's the tutorial that I basically copied. :smoke: holler if you have any other questions. I have one for you though, what do you mean by 'balance multiple draw points' :confused:

chili, kush, thanks, I'm on the edge of my seat here... grow babies grow! :D

ok here we go with some pics n stuffs:

WR I think:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think this is GDP, bulking up nice:
    [​IMG]

Here's some pics of the weird sour60 leafstem trait that keeps popping up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did quite a bit of defoliating too...here's a little chunk of bud starting to develop on a stem. I have to be careful of this when removing leaves on alot of the S60's :

[​IMG]

...here's one that almost got removed: (I felt this as I was pinching off the leaf.)

[​IMG]

Here's a few shots showing differences in the plants:
    gdp
    [​IMG]
    WR
    [​IMG]

In this pic you can see how they like to lean towards the light and there's a definitive backside to the plant:

[​IMG]

..some vert growers like to rotate plants. I don't really rotate for the most part..not when they get bushy like this. On some of the smaller single stem plants, I rotate em to keep em organized....but not to get light to the backside or anything. I figure the plant will naturally turn towards the light on it's own. If I keep rotating it has to re-adjust over and over, wasting energy. At least that's my take on it :)

some plants after defoliation:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this pic is of when I was about halfway through defoliating:

[​IMG]

Left and middle are done, I was about to do the right side when the lights flipped off...kinda lost track of time. So i busted out a green bulb for my overhead fixture and finished up real quick:

[​IMG]

I don't trust the green light 100% not to F up my darkcycle so I hurried as best I could and finished in about 15 minutes.

the waste:
    [​IMG]

I've probably removed at least this much already. :wave:

16. Thats a lot of green waste man, do you make hash?

17. LoL, I hear ya! I'll just stick around and watch the magic happen :hello: Seems like everything is very healthy!!

18. yeh I do chili but not outta that stuff...there's no trichromes on it.

19. So when you defoliate you leave the stem? I heard that was bad because of rot or some such thing...

20. I leave the stem so that I can pluck it later..it will die off and dry up and pop off cleanly later. I've found that if I try to remove it completely I end up damaging buds. Also there's always a little stem chunk that gets left behind and gets absorbed into the bud...that's what causes the rot ime.